The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wish list for Behind the Mask Deluxe Edition (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57733)

secondhandchain 09-24-2018 11:15 PM

I remember RUSHING out to get the concert video of that tour when it was released. I could barely get through it when they started the non stop cringe inducing close ups of Stevie. I had to turn it off and never watched it again. BTW I was a MAJOR SN fan at that time.

SteveMacD 09-25-2018 12:19 AM

My favorite song from the TITN video was “I Loved Another Woman” for exactly that reason. The Red Rocks video was worse.

Fannymac 09-26-2018 01:14 AM

I would be very happy with a 3 disc set:

Disc 1: The original album remastered.
Disc 2: An album of alternate versions, ala the Tusk and Mirage releases.
Disc 3: Unreleased tracks and any other alternate takes.

jbrownsjr 09-26-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1237637)
I remember RUSHING out to get the concert video of that tour when it was released. I could barely get through it when they started the non stop cringe inducing close ups of Stevie. I had to turn it off and never watched it again. BTW I was a MAJOR SN fan at that time.

The production of the TITNT video was horrid. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck. Just show the performance, please.

jbrownsjr 09-26-2018 09:30 AM

Wow, Skies The Limit just came on Sirius Deep Tracks.

Here's another song I love Stevie's backing vocals.

secondhandchain 09-26-2018 01:31 PM

If you think they are going to do a re release of an album that sold 20 copies , you are dreaming.

SteveMacD 09-26-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1237696)
If you think they are going to do a re release of an album that sold 20 copies , you are dreaming.

While I doubt it will get the deluxe treatment, it had a top-40 single and outsold SYW.

secondhandchain 09-26-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1237697)
While I doubt it will get the deluxe treatment, it had a top-40 single and outsold SYW.

Of course album sales were way declining by the time SYW came around. I actually liked a few songs on the album. Behind the mask (the song) is just as good as anything else they've ever done. Of course LB is on it though. :nod:

bwboy 09-26-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Are you thinking of Time? I thought Behind the Mask was certified platinum.

jbrownsjr 09-26-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1237700)
Of course album sales were way declining by the time SYW came around. I actually liked a few songs on the album. Behind the mask (the song) is just as good as anything else they've ever done. Of course LB is on it though. :nod:

I love the title track. It's fantastic, and really moves along. I love the low harmony voices. Very haunting Christine track.

secondhandchain 09-26-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1237701)
Are you thinking of Time? I thought Behind the Mask was certified platinum.

There just not going to do it. It was a huge seller and the line up was short lived an not iconic.

Fannymac 09-27-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Ummm.....it went gold, and pretty quickly. Who knows where it's at now, number wise.

Macfan4life 09-27-2018 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1237637)

We must have been separated at birth. I also was a huge fan but the floating camera constantly in Stevie's face got really annoying fast. I was 17 and was dumb to not know it was lip synced.
Worst part during this era IMHO was Gold Dust Woman with her long 80's earrings and the constant "OH YEAHS"

Dig your grave OH YEAH
Pick your path and I'll pray OH YEAH

bwboy 09-27-2018 06:05 AM

Yeah, those refilmed closeups of Stevie are horrible, and unnecessary, to boot. Does anyone else remember when MTV aired a special about this concert, before it was shown on Showtime? It aired several songs, including the Chain, without the closeups.

Which reminds me, my wish list would include that MTV special!

jbrownsjr 09-27-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1237721)
We must have been separated at birth. I also was a huge fan but the floating camera constantly in Stevie's face got really annoying fast. I was 17 and was dumb to not know it was lip synced.
Worst part during this era IMHO was Gold Dust Woman with her long 80's earrings and the constant "OH YEAHS"

Dig your grave OH YEAH
Pick your path and I'll pray OH YEAH

I did not love that GDW at all, either.