The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pre-Rumours MacNuggets (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42847)

vivfox 01-27-2010 11:27 PM

Pre-Rumours MacNuggets

Jan. 27, 2010
Premier Guitar recently conducted an interview with AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Premier Guitar: You were influenced by Jeff Beck and Jimi Hendrix specifically, but how did Peter Green fit into the equation?

Perry: A lot of English bands came to Boston before they hit New York back then. I guess they wanted to warm up first there. I had a friend who got a lot of free tickets to the Boston Tea Party club. FLEETWOOD MAC took up residence at the Tea Party for weeks on end, and I must have seen them thirty times or more. I saw them on great nights, terrible nights, nights when they were all drunk. Peter Green's style, attitude and sound really got to me. These guys didn't care about being rock stars. It was all about the music for them. I became a big fan of FLEETWOOD MAC. I guess you could say I was most influenced by the second wave of British bands, like THE YARDBIRDS, MAC and THE WHO.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=134164

vivfox 01-27-2010 11:29 PM

Name: Terry Nash Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

I am currently a single heterosexual male living with a neutered male cat that is healthier and happier than I am, and I like to post on Internet message boards. If I would have known this is how I was destined to turn out ten years ago after graduating University, I would have stabbed myself in the head with my gift graduation pen then and there.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fleetwood Mac
Ultrasonic Studios
Hempstead, NY
10-08-74

Old school Mac. God bless Peter Green - that crazy born again bastard.

http://tofuplanktonmeatloaflive.blog...c-studios.html

vivfox 01-27-2010 11:34 PM

Its music is the real allure for the band Girls
Although singer Christopher Owens has an interesting backstory
By ANDREW DANSBY Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 27, 2010, 10:32AM

Christopher Owens' phone goes straight to voicemail. “I'm busy right now or something …” it says, capturing an off-kilter duality that makes his band — essentially a duo with guitarist Chet J.R. White — so interesting. The “or something” speaks to a ruffled slouchy vibe to Girls, in no small part due to Owens' often disheveled appearance and his openness in interviews to talk about drug use. Further, the band's debut album (called Album) isn't a polished thing. The recording has many of the bits of rough-hewn color that are the mark of an apartment-made masterpiece.

His first guitar, pictured on Album's cover, was given to him by Jeremy Spencer, a member of Children of God who was also a member of Fleetwood Mac for several years.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/6836672.html

vivfox 01-28-2010 08:26 AM

The Blue Horizon Records label is reactivated by the orchard and the warner music group.
January 27, 6:58 PMMusic Industry ExaminerMark Cope

Now this is cool…except what’s the deal with the catalog? One of THE premier blues labels, Blue Horizon Records, is about to be revived by Seymour Stein, the man that started Sire Records, and Richard Gottehrer, producer and founder and chief creative officer for The Orchard.The deal was announced on Jan. 25th at the MIDEM conference in Cannes. The revived U.K label will be based in the New York City office of The Orchard,

Blue Horizon Records was the UK’s most influential blues label. In but a short life span, in excess of seventy singles and sixty albums were released. Blue Horizon had more chart success than all other blues related labels could muster collectively. The name Blue Horizon has become synonymous with the blues boom of the '60s and '70s. Blue Horizon, which was distributed by CBS under exclusive contract, was in operation until the '70s. The label's repertoire is currently released by Sony Music Entertainment and the new label will not have access to the old catalog.

Blue Horizon Records was the home for blues artists like Otis Spann, The Fleetwood Mac Blues Band (awesome stuff), Chickenshack (Christine Perfect (McVie)’s first band), Champion Jack Dupree, Bukka White, Mississippi Joe Callicot & Furry Lewis, Eddie Boyd (Get the “Dust My Broom” album), Ansley Dunbar, Elmore James, and the amazing “Fleetwood Mac In Chicago.”

It’s too bad that the new Blue Horizon Records won’t have access to the catalog since this is a very special label. The recordings that Fleetwood Mac released were all stellar and heavily blues oriented. The band included Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Peter Green, and Jeremy Spencer. One will find the original version of the Santana hit, “Black Magic Woman,” which was written by Green. Along with the classic song “Albatross,” also penned by Green. If you haven’t yet discovered Peter Green, find the Blue Horizon recordings or any 60’s Fleetwood Mac albums as quick as possible and you will realize what a great guitar player he is and how tight this band was to play the blues. British record producer Mike Vernon founded the original Blue Horizon company. Sire later took a 50% stake and went on to take control of the company, although Sony has the catalog.

Seymore Stein, VP of Warner Bros. Records, joined Gottehrer in Cannes for the announcement. Gottehrer has stated that the label will look for new talent to distribute through The Orchard, while Warner Music Group will have the opportunity to participate in releases in Europe and the U.K. Physical product will be released "where necessary" but the label will initially focus on digital releases, on a global basis. It has not announced any band signings yet. "The real reason for doing this is both Seymour and I want to get back to functioning in a creative way (together) and discovering and working with artists," Gottehrer told Billboardbiz.com. He added, "we both work at great companies" (Warner Music Group and The Orchard). WMG will "have the opportunity to step in and bring it to a wider audience," says Gottehrer of Blue Horizon signings, although the major label group has no equity stake or formal relationship with the label. Again, it's too bad that they didn't get the catalog.

http://www.examiner.com/x-29591-Musi...er-music-group

vivfox 01-28-2010 05:08 PM

Revolver - An albumguide to the rock history (not complete yet ...
By hbrattbakk
Fleetwood Mac - Love That Burns Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love Tonight Fleetwood Mac - Trying So Hard To Forget Fleetwood Mac - Sara - Edit Version Fleetwood Mac - Think About Me Fleetwood Mac - What Makes You Think You're The One ...
Share Spotify Playlists at ShareMyPla... - http://sharemyplaylists.com/

vivfox 01-30-2010 12:58 AM

FRIDAY, Jan. 29, 2010

Forty years ago this weekend, the Grateful Dead and Fleetwood Mac co-headlined the opening of a concert venue at 1820 Tchoupitoulas Street called A Warehouse. By the standards of today, the 1850s-era cotton and coffee warehouse’s brick walls, wooden support columns and cement floor represented an especially raw, no-frills space. But over its 12 year run, the Warehouse endeared itself to a generation of New Orleanians with dozens of landmark performances, from early ZZ Top and Allman Brothers gigs to the final performance of The Doors.

The building was demolished long ago, but fond memories remain. Tonight and Saturday, the far more luxurious Harrah’s New Orleans Theatre hosts a celebration of the Warehouse’s 40th anniversary. An all-star band of locals — including keyboardist Larry Sieberth, guitarists Jimmy Robinson and Cranston Clements, bassist Matt Perrine and drummer Doug Belote — will perform music by Talking Heads, the Who, Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Elton John, Chicago, Foghat and other acts that played the Warehouse. A preview of an upcoming documentary about the Warehouse precedes the show.

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/...ry_a_radi.html

sjpdg 01-30-2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 867475)
Name: Terry Nash Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

I am currently a single heterosexual male living with a neutered male cat that is healthier and happier than I am, and I like to post on Internet message boards. If I would have known this is how I was destined to turn out ten years ago after graduating University, I would have stabbed myself in the head with my gift graduation pen then and there.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fleetwood Mac
Ultrasonic Studios
Hempstead, NY
10-08-74

Old school Mac. God bless Peter Green - that crazy born again bastard.

http://tofuplanktonmeatloaflive.blog...c-studios.html

I don't mean to sound rude in any way, shape or form, and I don't want this to be seen as an attack because that is not the spirit in which my comment is made, but I honestly fail to see why this particular post is really relevant.

vivfox 02-02-2010 11:35 AM

Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Early Fleetwood Mac Live

Originally posted on August 19, 2008

Fleetwood Mac. They are a household word (or, actually two words). Perhaps no band except the Stones has had such a long and varied history, from a heavily musically endowed blues band to rock titans.

There is a CD lurking around, cheap if you can find it, that documents the original band rather well. Fleetwood Mac Live—Early Recordings (MBH) does not list the personnel, date or location of the recording on the disk, and the sound quality is not first rate, but it shows off the early incarnation at their raw best. This is electric blues at the core, and what sounds like Peter Green is doing some great lead work. It is nice to hear and time has been kind to this lineup. Nothing sounds dated.
Posted by Gapplegate at 6:41 AM
Labels: blues rock, early fleetwood mac

http://gapplegateguitar.blogspot.com...-mac-live.html

vivfox 02-02-2010 06:25 PM

In case you don't already know this...

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac 1969 - When John Mayall's Bluesbreakers lost Eric Clapton, Mayall said he found a guy who was better to replace him: Peter Green. Peter Green then founded and named Fleetwood Mac after his rhythym section he took from the Bluesbreakers: Mic Fleetwood & John McVie. After outselling the Beatles at the time, he joined a commune, started taking acid, and wanted to give all of Fleetwood Mac's money to charity. He then disappeared from the band.

http://bigdanblogger.blogspot.com/20...eb-2-2009.html

vivfox 02-05-2010 05:07 PM

Playing at the Marquee shortly once, in 1963 was the man destined to become the Godfather of British Blues… John Mayall…. John’s famous band, The BluesBreakers went onto fame and fortune as many musicians joined and left in quite a procession over the next few years. John celebrated his 70th Birthday a couple of years ago and is enjoying plus ever. This offers deceive the notion that life is over at forty and its all downhill from there on. The list of John’s protégées is a who’s who of the music Business; a good proportion of whom are still playing today. John McVie, co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, Mick Fleetwood, Jack Bruce of Cream, Eric “Slowhand” Clapton, Peter Green, Aynsley Dunbar, Mick Taylor and many more.

http://www.sevenmusicinc.com/uncateg...ues-in-britain

vivfox 02-12-2010 12:01 AM

Love LYRICS Fleetwood Mac-Blood On The Floor
Written by Jeremy Spencer.

Well goodbye world
It’s sad but true
Got a date with the hangman
I have to leave you
I shot my Darlin’
Three times of more
The reason I’m goin’
Is blood on the floor

The nights are so lonely
The days are so long
I’m in the jailhouse
Cause they say I’ve done wrong
I don’t say I’m sorry
I just say I’m sore
The reason I’m goin’
Is blood on the floor (blood on the floor)

Well I came home one night
She were lyin’,
With her legs around
Another mans bod
She saw me, stared laughin’
But she cried, when she saw my gun

Goodbye world
I guess we must part
They’re taking my life
Cause I shot my sweetheart
I don’t say I’m sorry
I just say I’m sore
The reason I’m goin’
Is blood on the floor
Oh the reason I’m goin’
Is blood on the floor
Oh the reason I’m goin’
Is the blood on the floor

Posted on February 11, 2010 at 10:00 am by admin · Permalink
In: Lyrics

http://www.lovelyrics.info/21104-fle...the-floor.html

vivfox 02-12-2010 12:03 AM

Founder of Fleetwood Mac Peter Green playing again in the Midlands
2:08pm Thursday 11th February 2010
By Adam Smith »

One of Britain’s greatest guitarists and Blues performers is coming to Birmingham’s intimate Glee Club for one of the gigs of the year.

Hot on the heels of his triumphant concert at The Robin at Bilston in December Peter Green and Friends return to the Midlands on Monday February 22.

As a teenager in the 1960s Peter was at the vanguard of the British Blues scene and at 19-years-old he replaced Eric Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers.

A year later he founded Fleetwood Mac and within three years they were the biggest Rock band in the world outselling the Beatles and the Stones.

Hits like Black Magic Woman, the achingly beautiful Man of the World and the million selling Albatross broke new ground and brought the band critical and commercial acclaim.

However, as well as being arguably Britain’s finest exponent of the Blues Peter also became one of our country’s first casualties to the drug taking celebrity lifestyle.

Already showing the signs of the pressure during an ill fated trip to Munich in 1970 Peter had a life-changing mind-altering night on acid and subsequently decided to quit Fleetwood Mac.

He then suffered with several mental health issues and consequently dropped out of the public eye.

Despite only a short time at the top Peter Green is still regarded as a legend in the music world with BB King and Carlos Santana lavishing praise on the Londoner.

In 1998 he was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and recently was included in the Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.

And now with his new incarnation, Peter Green and Friends, he is enjoying performing before crowds again and is enjoying his music.

His set will include a few of his classic compositions and fresh renditions of his very own blues, R&B and soul favourites.

Tickets to see Peter Green and Friends at the Glee Club on Monday February 20 are £25.00 and are available from 0871 472 0400 or www.glee.co.uk.

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/newsx..._the_Midlands/

vivfox 02-12-2010 01:41 PM

Love LYRICS

Fleetwood Mac-Night Watch
Written by Bob Welch.

Go on, you know you’re only one
Set me free
You take me up and turn around
But let me in
Take this shadow from my eyes
And tell me everything
Take the desert from my soul
And lift me up from down below
Let me take some pride in your creation

Cause I have lived alone in castles that were lonely
And I have cursed the dawn and wondered why I do
Well I have wondered why I live
Now I know you must forgive
Let me stand inside your magic shadow

The night is coming faster
And you’re feeling all unchained
In the north there is a jungle
Where rockets are aflame
And I hope that in the desert
There are ships and there is noise
And above the greatest city
There will shine a magic shadow
And a voice

It’s taking long but I’m getting strong as I grow old
Please believe me let the magic reach me and I will unfold
I’ll step aboard with you onday
And see my dust just melt away
And then I’ll step inside your magic shadow
dreamers…

ooooh…ooooooh…ooooooohhhhhhh
magic shadows

ooooh…ooooooh…ooooooohhhhhhhh

Have you seen, have you seen
Have you seen, have you seen magic shadows
Have you seen, have you seen magic shadows…
ooooh…ooooooh…ooooooohhhhhhhh…

Posted on February 12, 2010 at 8:20 am by admin · Permalink
In: Lyrics · Tagged with: Bob Welch, castles, Creation, dawn, desert, Everything, jungle, magic shadows, ooooh, Ooooooh, ooooooohhhhhhhh, pride, rockets, Set, shadow, shadow dreamers, ships, soul

http://www.lovelyrics.info/21186-fle...ght-watch.html

vivfox 02-15-2010 12:51 AM

Listen: Big Towne, 2061 (Mono) / Paris

While going through the library for my previous Mica Paris post, I couldn’t resist also listening to her alphabetical predecessor, Paris – the band.

Baffling how this post-Fleetwood Mac then ‘just prior to successful solo artist’ era Bob Welch group hardly gets a mention. Almost as though they never existed.

Firstly, nowhere near enough credit is afforded to the Fleetwood Mac/Bob Welch chunk of albums. Being just prior to their Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham skyrocket, it’s sadly dwarfed. As with the Peter Green era just before it, all top with must-have singles.

I was a serious Glenn Cornick fan, for ages considering him the best bassist out there. From seeing Jethro Tull’s first US show at The Fillmore East, I was in. THIS WAS and STAND UP, keepers for life. That band just plummeted downhill once he left. Replaced by a very stiff someone or other, all the band’s soul was robbed.

Therefore, with much interest did I approach Paris. BIG TOWNE, 2061, the album oddly didn’t register with FM radio – a strange twist given the Fleetwood Mac and Jethro Tull history. Not to mention it’s quality. Seemed Capitol didn’t care, never do recall much press or visibility. Add bad timing to the equation: this preceded punk by less than a year, so in no time, the tasty picking was passe.

Still, a good single. I forced it on everyone around for ages, which clearly didn’t really help the big picture at all.

http://www.somanyrecordssolittletime.com/?p=5223

vivfox 02-20-2010 11:53 PM

Fleetwood Mac Poster From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 X 28 3/16
February 20th, 2010
Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$585

Buy Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16

http://surprisemusic02.dnsalias.org/...-16-x-28-3-16/

vivfox 02-20-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 872837)
February 20th, 2010
Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$585

Buy Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16

http://surprisemusic02.dnsalias.org/...-16-x-28-3-16/

Over $500.00 for a poster!!! You can eat my ear for that kinda money. Everyone stays close to the fireplace!

jeremy spencer 02-21-2010 01:57 AM

Phew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 872838)
Over $500.00 for a poster!!! You can eat my ear for that kinda money. Everyone stays close to the fireplace!

Okay, but don't get burned. People actually exist who would fork out for this rubbish in this current economic crisis? Gimme a break! Where are the priorities?

ButterCookie 02-21-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

A few friends and me just got an eBay listing removed for someone selling Blondie outtakes from the first album. $150. I've got the lot on my harddrive for free. Some people are so stupid it just makes me angry.

It's like Christine Perfect, £100 for a copy on eBay. Yeah, get real.

vivfox 02-21-2010 11:57 PM

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recently , another reply to me from A Fleetwood Mac guitarist

So , i wuz pissed... an on my ausdiocandy site i put this..........
(ok my urgent message wuiz pretty harsh , biut TRUE)

> Would some one pleeze write as fukk*ngg review of my S**T
> .. i dont care if ya say it's S**T or WHATEVER.. JUST SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Goddam
> dontcha know, if folks come by my page an dont see a single good
> or straight up comment. d'ya REALLY think they'rte gonna lissen
> 2 any of my S**t......Honest..........Woulld You???C'mon.....
> have a heart................I dont need ego strokin.. i just
> need the TRUTH.. in PRINT....THANK YOU VERY MUCH
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so bob wrote.
Doc..Don't get upset by not getting"reviews"..I don't get "reviews" either...
Just go by how many listens you're getting......

I'll listen to some of your stuff and comment...but remember, most people won't take the time...It's like filling out online "surveys"...
people don't like to bother..

Bob Welch

http://docrockstudio.blogspot.com/20...o-me-from.html

Meowi 02-22-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

The cost of being a Mac fan, I don't own any posters yet!

vivfox 02-22-2010 07:50 PM

Forgotten rock bands of the 70s
Chicken Shack lost Christine McVie to Fleetwood Mac but still exist and are playing in Hessle next month. I wonder if Stan Webb still has his 200' guitar lead that he used to wander round the audience with? ...
mudcat.org RSS Feed of Topics - http://mudcat.org/

vivfox 02-28-2010 12:25 PM

The price is going down, down(actual value: 5 cents)

Fleetwood Mac Postcard From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 7 X 9 1/40

February 28th, 2010adminUncategorized
Fleetwood Mac Postcard from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 7 x 9 1/4 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$175

http://positionmusic01.dyn-o-saur.co...-71-7-x-9-1-4/

vivfox 03-03-2010 12:01 PM

Vintage V100 ICON Series Les Paul-style Lemon Drop Electric Guitar ...
By admin
“When I was young and in a band, we supported the original Fleetwood Mac to play at a gig we'd organised. Fleetwood Mac let us use their PA, and Peter Green even let me use his amp! He wouldn't let me use his guitar but he was always my ...
UKguitars.com - http://www.ukguitars.com/

vivfox 03-04-2010 12:04 PM

The Price went back up!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 874309)
Fleetwood Mac Postcard From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 7 X 9 1/40

February 28th, 2010adminUncategorized
Fleetwood Mac Postcard from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 7 x 9 1/4 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$175

http://positionmusic01.dyn-o-saur.co...-71-7-x-9-1-4/

Fleetwood Mac 1970s Ticket from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: Complete Set Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Price :$390

http://messupmusic07.ath.cx/2010/03/...-Complete-Set/

vivfox 03-13-2010 01:35 PM

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blues Britannia: (21.00 to 22.30 yesterday) followed last week's BBC4 TV's Heavy Metal Britannia documentary, and was 90 minutes of excellent viewing. It traced how the blues records came into England and were picked up by the likes of Brian Jones, Keith Richards, Mick Fleetwood, Paul Jones, then the band's they spawned copying the music - The Yardbirds, Fleetwood Mac, The Stones etc. A fair amount of time was given over to interviewing the black blues artistes; Champion Jack Dupree, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker etc; so it was another tiny speck of gold amongst the landfill of crap our TV programmes are. But it encourages me to read more books, so there is a plus side.
It may well be available via the BBC iplayer if you missed it.

posted by Alan Burridge at 12:10 AM

http://alanburridge.blogspot.com/201...ast-weeks.html

vivfox 03-17-2010 08:25 PM

Who do you think are some great guitarists that are overlooked?
Like for me, Terry Kath (Chicago) is one of the many guitarists that got me playing but is sometimes overlooked by many. Who do think are some overlooked guitarists?

It’s funny that you mention Terry Kath. I just posted a Youtube link here the other day of the song ‘Free Form Guitar’ off of the ‘Chicago Transit Authority’ album. I’ve been a huge fan of those first few Chicago albums for many years…that one in particular. I was in a band many years ago and we covered their song ‘South California Purples’…great soloing by Terry!
Their cover of I’m a Man was incredible too!
Terry Kath is best known for pioneering the hammer-on harmonic guitar technique. He was also worshipped by Jimi Hendrix after Jimi caught them in a live performance at The Whisky A Go Go in 1968.
It’s so nice to see somebody mention his name in this forum.
Amazing guitarist, and definitely overlooked!
RIP Terry Kath.

Another guitarist in Terry’s league back at that time was Phil Keaggy of the band Glass Harp. Ted Nugent was quoted as saying "I don’t know what happened to that Phil Keaggy, he could have saved the world with his guitar" in Guitar Player Magazine.
When Jimi Hendrix was on the tonight show in the late 60’s, Johnny Carson asked him, "what does it feel like to be the greatest guitarist in the world?" Jimi responded with, "I don’t know, you’d have to ask Phil Keaggy".
Phil was an incredilbe player, and another one of the many overlooked guitarists.

Here’s a few others that don’t seem to get much recognition:
Jim McCarty – guitarist for Mitch Ryder Detroit/Wheels & Cactus
Steve Hillage – guitarist for Kahn, Gong, Mike Oldfield, etc.
Steve Hackett – Genesis
Eddie Phillips – The Creation (first to ever bow an electric guitar)
Tony McPhee – The Groundhogs
Dave ‘Clem’ Clempson – Colosseum, Humble Pie
Jorma Kaukonen – Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, solo
Peter Kaukonen – Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, solo
Peter Banks – Yes, Flash, solo
Eddie Hazel & Ron Bykowski – Funkadelic & Parliament
Darryl Stuermer – played with Jean Luc Ponty, Phil Collins, etc.
Phil Manzanera – Roxy Music
Jeff ‘Skunk’ Baxter – Steely Dan
Randy California – Spirit
Uli Roth – The Scorpions, Electric Sun
D*ck Wagner – The Frost, Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, etc.
Steve Hunter – Detroit, Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, etc
Paul Chapman – UFO
Mick Box – Uriah Heep
Jan Akkerman – Focus, solo
Frank Marino – Mahogany Rush, solo
Walter Rossi – Charlee, solo
Adrian Belew – King Crimson, Frank Zappa, solo
Mick Abrahms – Jethro Tull, Blodwyn Pig, solo
Leigh Stephens – Blue Cheer
Kazuo ‘Flash’ Takeda – Blues Creation, Creation
Elliot Easton – The Cars, CCR Revisited
John Goodsall aka Johny Mandella – Brand X, Atomic Rooster, etc
Lee Pickens – Bloodrock, solo
John Nitzinger – Nitzinger
Larry Reinhart – Iron Butterfly, Allman Bros, Captain Beyond
Les Harvey – Stone the Crows
Stan Webb – Chicken Shack, Broken Glass, Savoy Brown
Phil Keaggy – Glass Harp,
Adrian Gurvitz – Gun, Three Man Army, Baker Gurvitz Army
Floyd Radford – Edgar Winters White Trash, Johnny Winter, Tin House
Tom Verlaine – Television
Dominic Troiano – Bush (Canadian band), James Gang, solo
Bob Welch – Fleetwood Mac, Paris
Ricky Medlocke – Blackfoot, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Harvey Mandel – Canned Heat, Rolling Stones, solo
Mike Pinera – Blues Image, Iron Butterfly, Thee Image, Ramatam, Alice Cooper
Kirby (no known last name) – Stretch, Curved Air. Stretch also toured the US as the bogus Fleetwood Mac in the early 70’s

Some great answers here, but I feel many of the guitarists mentioned are not overlooked at all…and are very well known and respected musicians. Especially when it comes to the likes of Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore, Peter Green, Peter Frampton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Pete Townsend, Frank Zappa, Eddie Van Halen, Martin Barre, Jeff Beck, and Steve Howe. No offense to the people that mentioned them…but when have they ever been overlooked?

I could list many more guitarists that I feel are overlooked…but there’s a few anyways!

http://www.guitarcourses.ws/blog/gre...are-overlooked

vivfox 03-20-2010 02:21 AM

It didn't sell at a lower price-so U can buy it 4 more!!

Posted by admin on 20th March 2010 in Uncategorized

Price :$585
http://cavemusic09.dnsalias.org/2010...-16-x-28-3-16/

PenguinHead 03-21-2010 08:04 PM

Wow! I have a Filmore West poster that I bought about 18 years ago. The bill lists:

Jr. Walker and the All Stars
Fleetwood Mac
Lee Michaels
Tony Joe White

August 5, 6, 7, 1969

I know I paid less than 70 dollars for it -- in mint condition! I bought it at a record convention, where I also got an original, very rare 1967 Monterey Pop Festival poster for $300. I had both professionally framed and they hang in my living room.

I recently saw a Monterey poster listed for $15oo! I'm not into fine art, or art as an investment, but I think I made a very smart purchase!:D

vivfox 03-22-2010 10:28 PM

What's Buzzing In My Ears - Fleetwood Mac
Posted about 14 hours ago
Artist: PLAY Fleetwood MacAlbum:PLAY Mystery to MeTrack: PLAY Hypnotized

I know a crappy video(Hypnotized). This is one of my favorite FM songs, I guess coz it has some meaning to it for me. I heard & bought this record in 1973 while my ship was staying in Majorca, Spain for 2 weeks. My memeory is really fuzzy, but there is a nightclub/disco there, that is built in some caves overlooking the Med.
I spent a lot of my time there, talking to the DJ, dancing, drinking, even saw a bull fight, etc., anyway I first heard this song in Spain. On my ship, we had a little radio station (the size of a closet) that just broadcast on the ship only. I use to do the midnight to whenever I got tired shift coz no one else wanted it. So basically I was just spinning tunes to a couple of insomniacs drinking coffee & reading paperbacks in the mess room, but, hey I was happy. Even though the Navy provided records, I brought & bought a lot of my own albums to play. I think that is one way I kept my sanity for those 4 years. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

Release notes from Best Buy: Fleetwood Mac: Bob Welch (guitar, vocals); Bob Weston (guitar, slide guitar); Christine McVie (keyboards, vocals); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums).Additional personnel: Martin Birch (acoustic guitar).
Released in 1973 and now regarded as an important transitional album in Fleetwood Mac's long march towards superstardom, MYSTERY TO ME featured the lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John and Christine McVie, singer/guitarist Bob Welch and guitarist Bob Weston. The hiring of Welch had angered original guitarist Danny Kirwan and after a 1972 gig, the volatile Kirwan went berserk backstage and was fired.
On MYSTERY TO ME, the follow-up to PENGUIN (1973) and the band's strongest album in years, the luminous elements of the future Fleetwood Mac were falling in place; Bob Welch's rambling, mystical reverie "Hypnotized" became (and remains to this day) a rock radio standard.The Welch-Weston-John McVie-penned "Forever" grooves with an atypical African gloss, and the bluesy growl of Welch's "The City" lashes out at New York, contradicting Lindsey Buckingham's giddy city ode "Empire State" on 1982's MIRAGE.
Yet it is Christine McVie's thoughtful, majestic "Why," which unfolds from a backcountry fingerpick to a soaring poem of regret and passage, that marks the transition from early Mac (which officially ended with 1974's HEROES ARE HARD TO FIND) to one of the most influential Anglo-American bands of all time.

http://mog.com/DashboardDJ856/blog/1849446

vivfox 03-22-2010 10:34 PM

Monday, March 22, 2010
EARLY YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC (RK FAVORITES)

Fleetwood Mac are a British-American rock band formed in 1967 in London.

The only member present in the band from the very beginning is its namesake drummer, Mick Fleetwood. Despite band founder Peter Green naming the group by combining his two former bandmates' surnames (Fleetwood, McVie) (from John Mayall's Bluesbreakers—it was actually the title Green had given to a demo recording they had recorded while in Mayall's band), bassist John McVie did not play on their first single nor at their first concerts.

Keyboardist Christine McVie has, to date, appeared on all but two albums, either as a member or as a session musician. Christine also supplied the artwork for the album Kiln House.

The two most successful periods for the band were during the late 1960s British blues boom, when they were led by guitarist Peter Green, (my favorite time) and from 1975 to 1987, with more pop-orientation, featuring Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Nothing against the more successful lineup featuring Nicks and Buckingham but the original Fleetwood Mac was an entirely different band. Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, and John and Christine McVie's created a clasic sound that is unforgettable.

http://www.retrokimmer.com/2010/03/e...od-mac-rk.html

vivfox 03-23-2010 09:28 PM

Plinth – Albatross
Posted On: March 23, 2010

The last week has been one of those unusual weeks of transition. Winter is finally tailing off, and slowly but surely we are being teased with brighter days and warmer temperatures.

We are however subjected to subtle reminders of what is being left behind as a cold breeze or a sudden shower interferes with our shift in focus. Therefore, it’s appropriate in many ways that I had the opportunity to review this interesting recording from UK composer Michael Tanner, or Plinth, during this period.

“Albatross” is a collection of 5 interpretations of the Fleetwood Mac track of the same name and like the changes we are witnessing in the world around us, it provides the listener with a variation of audible delights suitable for the adapting seasons.

Despite being a bird, in literary circles the Albatross itself is largely considered to hold metaphorical value. Sometimes defined as a wearisome burden, this is in an allusion to Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

The original composition from Fleetwood Mac was in many ways an early example of ambient guitar music focusing on just two chord patterns, balanced lightly with cymbals. It’s a dreamy composition and Plinth certainly pays homage in this respect with each track successfully conveying a relaxed, gentle approach to music.

To expand upon the original’s approach Tanner calls upon the services of Aine O’Dwyer (harp), Richard Moult (piano) and Nick Palmer (piano on one track). While these accompaniments are subtle, they add both depth and richness to the recordings they feature on.

The tracks themselves vary in scope ranging from the relatively short “Albatross Four” (clocking in at just under four minutes) to the expansive and drawn out “Albatross Three” (which comes in at over twenty five minutes). Despite these differences in duration, the tracks stay true to their source each conveying images of slow tides, starry nights, gentle breezes and all to different degrees.

Over the last week I have enjoyed these sounds whilst waking up earlier in the morning thanks to the brighter dawn. I’ve had the luxury of sitting on a park bench absorbing these sounds through my headphones on a lunch break, accompanied by the ambience of a bustling city as it awakes from it hibernation. I’ve also battled rainstorms and bitter winds as the change in climate reluctantly sheds its skin. Yet despite this, and in spite of any metaphorical connotations the Albatross holds, Plinth has done away with any encumbrance and delivered a harmonious collection of sounds appropriate for all conditions.

- Review by Josh Atkin for Fluid Radio

Track List:Click on link below to hear these track samples

Albatross One (excerpt)

Albatross Two (excerpt)

Albatross Three (excerpt)

Albatross Four (full track)

Albatross Five (excerpt)

The influence of Alcohol and cold weather led me to believe I could cover the entirety of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Albatross’ by myself with an out-of-tune Telecaster and a loop pedal. I could not. In the art of failing miserably, something new was created. Also featuring Aine O’Dwyer on harp, Richard Moult and Nick Palmer (Directorsound) on piano alongside various bowed strings and harmonium. Guitars recorded in Hastings on New Years Eve 2007 and New years Day 2008 (except track 5 which was recorded some time earlier at home) - Michael Tanner

About the artist:

Michael Tanner is a composer, writer and musician from the south of England occasionally recording under the pseudonym ‘Plinth’. Tanner first came to attention on the the Geographic Records compilation, “You Don’t Need Darkness To Do What You Think Is Right” in 2001. Other releases include “Wintersongs” and “Plays Victorian Machine Music” on Dorset Paeans and Rusted Rail, respectively – Both are now sold out. After a brief hiatus, Plinth returned with a split CD with Piano Magic’s Glen Johnson. ‘The Rest I leave to the Poor,’ by Plinth/Textile Ranch was released on Make Mine Music in late 2008.

Tanner is a member of the bands Directorsound, Tyneham House, United Bible Studies, The Rural Tradition and plays live with English folk-musician Sharron Kraus. Engineering and Recording credits include Sharron Kraus’ acclaimed The Foxes Wedding, forthcoming albums by Agitated Radio Pilot and United Bible Studies, whilst he’s also contributed songs and remixes to Andria Degen’s Pantaleimon. Other musical outlets include acoustic duo, The A Lords with Nicholas Palmer and Vangelis-styled synth project Cat Lady with Matthew Shaw.

Albatross is released through Dead Slack String Records and can be purchased from the label’s web site here

www.myspace.com/michaeltanner
www.deadslackstring.com

http://www.fluid-radio.co.uk/2010/03/plinth-albatross/

slipkid 03-24-2010 12:39 AM

There's a song from David Gilmour's "On an Island", penned "Then I Closed My Eyes". I'm sorry Vivfox, but this song is the true tribute to Peter Green's "Albatross".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3zYu5BHCs

This is the Youtube link to David Gilmour's version of "Albatross" with Jools Holland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98nc4FazxM

I miss Peter Green, and Danny Kirwan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scHKFwr0og

vivfox 03-25-2010 09:53 AM

They can't decide what price to sell it for

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 878077)
Posted by admin on 20th March 2010 in Uncategorized

Price :$585
http://cavemusic09.dnsalias.org/2010...-16-x-28-3-16/

Fleetwood Mac 1970s Ticket from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: Complete Set Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Price :$390

http://longjumpmusic09.selfip.org/20...-Complete-Set/

vivfox 03-25-2010 10:01 AM

Posted with Jeremy's permission

I don't know if a link is provided

lundi 22 mars 2010
Red Hot Jam

VA – BLUES JAM IN CHICAGO - EPIC EPC 88591 (The Netherlands)

Previously Released As ‘BLUES JAM AT CHESS’ On The BLUE HORIZON label.
Fleetwood Mac : Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Jeremy Spencer
With Walter ‘Shakey’ Horton, Guitar Buddy, Honey Boy Edwards, Willie Dixon, J.T. Brown, Otis Spann, S.P. Leary.

Disc 1

1. Watch Out (4:16)
2. Ooh Baby (4:05)
3. South Indiana - Take 1 (3:21)
4. South Indiana - Take 2 (3:46)
5. Last Night (5:01)
6. Red Hot Jam (5:55)
7. I'm Worried (3:46)
8. I Held My Baby Last Night (5:16)
9. Madison Blues (4:55)
10. I Can't Hold Out (4:49)
11. I Need Your Love (4:31)
12. I Got The Blues (4:55)

Disc 2

1. World's In A Tangle (5:25)
2. Talk With You (3:28)
3. Like It This Way (4:24)
4. Someday Soon Baby (7:36)
5. Hungry Country Girl (5:46)
6. Black Jack Blues (5:08)
7. Everyday I Have The Blues (4:54)
8. Rockin' Boogie (3:58)
9. Sugar Mama (6:08)
10. Homework (3:20)

http://unclegil.blogspot.com/2010/03/red-hot-jam.html

vivfox 03-28-2010 08:52 PM

Fleetwood Mac 1971-1975: ‘California Leaning’Categories: Featured, Rock and Roll
Written By: Tim T.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a huge fan of the Rumors era line-up but digging deeper into the Mac’s catalog is highly recommended. Two forgotten stalwarts of Fleetwood Mac’s early 70’s lineups include the dandy Bob Welch and guitar virtuoso Bob Weston. If you like Christie McVie’s legendary contributions during the late ’70’s and early ’80’s you’ll love some of her gems on albums like Penguin, Heroes are Hard to Find and Mystery to Me.

Fleetwood Mac Live in 1973

McVie, sorely missed on the two most recent Fleetwood Mac reunion tours, is now retired in the English countryside but her legacy looms large over the long and storied career of the band. She has, to date, appeared on all but two albums, either as a member or as a session musician. Any questions about the soul and depth of McVie’s compositions and writing skills should be answered with a listen to Mystery To Me’s final track, Why. Hmmm, I’m getting carried away about McVie and I set off to shine some light on Welch and Bob Weston.

Here’s a 1976 version of Why with Lindsey Buckingham adding some tasteful guitar stylings.

Bob Welch was a pure bred Californian who helped to convince Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to move the band from England to California back in 1971. Welch, who later had big success as a solo artist after bowing out of Fleetwood Mac in late 1974, is best known for his nimble guitar work, fine songwriting and a somewhat geeky persona with large oversized glasses and a tendency to wear a fedora.

It can be argued that Welch’s contributions to Fleetwood Mac were pretty profound, he was instrumental in moving the band toward a more pop-based California sound, laying the groundwork for Buckingham and Nicks who would essentially replace him in 1975.

Welch was mysteriously snubbed by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Fleetwood Mac when the band was inducted in 1998. Welch had this to say about the affair:

“I’m really disappointed about being overlooked by Fleetwood Mac. It basically comes down to the fact that they don’t like me anymore. “I guess they can do what they want. I could understand it if I had been a sideman for a year. But I was an integral part of that band for five years. I put more of myself into that band than anything else I’ve ever done.”

Full props to Bob Welch who wrote several standout tracks for the band including Sentimental Lady, Hypnotized and Bermuda Triangle.

Bob Weston had a short lived stint with the band but helped stabilize the band’s sound after the departure of previous guitar god Danny Kirwin. He would famously be fired for having an affair with Mick Fleetwood’s first wife during the band’s 1973 tour.

Never a dull moment for Fleetwood Mac, whatever the incarnation of the band may be..

http://www.subrosacafe.com/fleetwood...ornia-leaning/

vivfox 03-30-2010 05:10 PM

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
The Day After The Sabbath 14 compilation

TDATS 14, another primordial concoction from the lost land of the rock dinosaurs. This one kicks off with the purplish hard prog of I Drive, a mainly english band who played and recorded in Germany. Bubble Puppy enters the frey with with some of the hardest riffing 60s psych there was, Riders Of The Mark is even older than that and while not heavy in the same sense, it has that oninous foreboding feeling that metal would use later on. Colosseum displays infectious groove that would be sampled by Fatboy Slim years later and Paris features ex-Fleetwood Mac member Bob Welch, rocking hard like you'd imagine Mac would have continued to do so if Peter Green had remained. Track 12 is the customary cover, this time sludge-punks Killdozer's 1989 cover of a James Gang classic. Canadian Neil Merryweather (also a founder of Mama Lion, on TDATS XI) finishes up with the entertaining mix of glam, metal, space rock and prog that he would make his own on his 'Space Ranger' and 'Kryptonite' albums.

01. I Drive - Down Down Down - 1972
02. Bubble Puppy - Hot Smoke and Sassafras - 1969
03. Starz - Boys In Action - 1976
04. Riders Of The Mark - The Electronic Insides... - 1967
05. Colosseum - The Kettle - 1969
06. Neon Rose - Waiting For The Train - 1974
07. Asoka - Psykfoni For Ekogitarr Och Poporkester - 1971
08. Stud - Woman Like You - 1975
09. Hustler - Midnight Seducer - 1974
10. Solid Ground - Tell Me - 1976
11. Paris - Breathless - 1975
12. Killdozer - Funk #49 (James Gang cover) - 1989
13. Neil Merryweather - Sole Surviver - 1974

http://aftersabbath.blogspot.com/201...mpilation.html

DL link available on this site

vivfox 04-07-2010 08:47 PM

Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac “I’m Worried”
Posted by admin – April 7, 2010

Live performance of Fleetwood Mac (Jeremy Spencer guitar and vocals.)

25 Comments on Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac “I’m Worried”
Respond | Trackback

stjohntheconqueror says:
April 7, 2010 at 1:44 am
c’mon now, this annoying ass elmore crap has close to nothing to do with peter green

ttfozgreen says:
April 7, 2010 at 2:28 am
definitely cause its real, anyone with ears will tell you that, lot of people on this planet dont have ears tho, lol lol lol

Bluesblaster says:
April 7, 2010 at 2:52 am
Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, lol

Bluesblaster says:
April 7, 2010 at 3:15 am
Probably because it’s just very real????

Tzaosirus7 says:
April 7, 2010 at 4:07 am
Jeremy is amazing here…. wow

michaeljayshaw says:
April 7, 2010 at 4:30 am
♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫

theriffer says:
April 7, 2010 at 4:35 am
this is the REAL Fleetwood Mac!

HaggisPowah says:
April 7, 2010 at 5:09 am
Ask the Bonzo Dog DooDah Band

af4k says:
April 7, 2010 at 5:32 am
Is it me, or is McVie tripping his brains out on ths one? LOL

longneckshorty says:
April 7, 2010 at 6:18 am
Cool,he’s real cool is Jeremy Spencer

Vernuft says:
April 7, 2010 at 6:44 am
Jerry, the man who makes Elmore still alive and well.

BakdN8 says:
April 7, 2010 at 6:57 am
hahahahahaha touche

1955sex says:
April 7, 2010 at 7:31 am
Elmore James?????

scopu says:
April 7, 2010 at 7:58 am
Can the blue men sing the whites?

blueice0170 says:
April 7, 2010 at 8:07 am
I absolutely love Jeremy’s playing in this. I also like the video — it reminds me of the best examples of independent cinema–has a unique magnetic look, cool smeary colors PLUS fantastic sound.

evanfrmheaven says:
April 7, 2010 at 9:05 am
you are welcome.

Vernuft says:
April 7, 2010 at 9:21 am
Tku for posting, great cover of Elmore James’ best tune, I don’t care about the quality of footage, the music is what really matters

greenysfleetwoodmac says:
April 7, 2010 at 10:14 am
this is some good ****! i understand why you cant get the real vids! ****ing har to get hold on! **** of tommy

oemik says:
April 7, 2010 at 10:56 am
Thanks, lets agree that the music does not sound tired, but certainly serious. It’s alive and full of energy. The original copy on YouTube made me go and buy the Complete Blue Horizon 1967-1969. It’s incredible, I don’t know why that music after 40 years still make me listen and enjoy.

evanfrmheaven says:
April 7, 2010 at 11:22 am
Your welcome, Instead of looking tired, perhaps they look serious?

oemik says:
April 7, 2010 at 11:27 am
Thanks for posting this clip (an original copy was removed some time ago), I enjoy watching Peter Green and Danny Kirwan, accompanying Jeremy Spencer. They play with respect, but at the same time they look tired. Probably because af Jeremy’s ‘egotrips’ in the band, only playing his own numbers.

Fate really takes character when looking at these images. Knowing what happened a few years later and what happened to the musicians and Fleetwood Mac later.

evanfrmheaven says:
April 7, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Dear Mr. tommy of Low stature, I am sorry that I assumed you could read. Thanks for the feed back.

tommyau2006 says:
April 7, 2010 at 12:17 pm
go sit on a trailer hitch and swivel dude. Go buy some decent video stuff and do the job properly

evanfrmheaven says:
April 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm
Your welcome, Uncle Tony.

mcleanartists says:
April 7, 2010 at 1:20 pm
Thanks for posting this, ignore the ignoramus.

http://teamairplay.com/blog/http:/te.../archives/4741

michelej1 04-08-2010 10:10 PM

Nashville's the Place. Excerpt with a mention of Bob Welch moving there in article about Nashville.
Music Dish Network
http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=12639

"Nashville has also become home to other famous musicians who are looking to get away from the New York and LA scenes, such as Jonathan Cain, a member of the group Journey who now lives here. There are members of 80's & 90's bands who have moved here - Gunnar Nelson and Kelly Keagy of Night Ranger. Bob Welch, an original member of Fleetwood Mac just moved here."

chiliD 04-09-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 879852)
Bob Welch was a pure bred Californian who helped to convince Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to move the band from England to California back in 1971.

Uhhhh....no. That's wrong.

It wasn't until the whole Mystery To Me tour, "bogus band" fiasco in '73/74 that Welch suggested they emigrate to the US (SoCal in particular) to be physically closer to their record company's headquarters. From the time he joined the band until they moved to California, Welch, I think, was living at the Fleetwood Mac "commune" Benifolds. (Right, Bob? If you happen to read this.)

aleuzzi 04-09-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 882191)
Uhhhh....no. That's wrong.

It wasn't until the whole Mystery To Me tour, "bogus band" fiasco in '73/74 that Welch suggested they emigrate to the US (SoCal in particular) to be physically closer to their record company's headquarters. From the time he joined the band until they moved to California, Welch, I think, was living at the Fleetwood Mac "commune" Benifolds. (Right, Bob? If you happen to read this.)

By all accounts (Mick's, Bob's, Clifford Davis's) Bob was the reason they relocated to the US. What I don't know is if the relocation happened at the end of 73 or the beginning of 74.

Anyone know?