The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How early to arrive at Hyde Park..? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57112)

twinmatrix 04-25-2017 11:53 AM

How early to arrive at Hyde Park..?

To get a good view of Stevie? I've never been go a music festival. Do you have to get there super super early and stay in your place all the time until Stevie comes on? Will there be lots of space to move towards the front before she comes on?
How early should I go there?
Thank you. :)

SorcererJP 04-27-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1208030)
To get a good view of Stevie? I've never been go a music festival. Do you have to get there super super early and stay in your place all the time until Stevie comes on? Will there be lots of space to move towards the front before she comes on?
How early should I go there?
Thank you. :)

It depends. Do you have Diamond or Golden tickets? Those are special area's in front of the stage. If you have an ' ordinary' ticket you will behind those area's, away from the stage.

Usually at those large venues there will be space to move around and the crowd moves slightly constantly. If you're alone, it is mostly no problem to get yourself forward. But it will be more crowded upfront, so once you'll have a spot glued to the stage ... stay there!

twinmatrix 05-01-2017 11:14 AM

I've got Golden Tickets and I'm with one other person. :) What do you think would be a good time to arrive? I don't really care for the supporting lineup. Haha.

SorcererJP 05-04-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1208709)
I've got Golden Tickets and I'm with one other person. :) What do you think would be a good time to arrive? I don't really care for the supporting lineup. Haha.

I really don't know. I have Gold Circle tickets myself and I have no idea of the behaviour of a British crowd. Overhere in Holland it's usually no problem to get yourself smoothly forward :-)

I'm coming over from Holland for the weekend and I think I'll be there around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Ward Thomas is one of the supporting-acts and I like their voices and music.

twinmatrix 05-05-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorcererJP (Post 1208956)
I really don't know. I have Gold Circle tickets myself and I have no idea of the behaviour of a British crowd. Overhere in Holland it's usually no problem to get yourself smoothly forward :-)

I'm coming over from Holland for the weekend and I think I'll be there around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Ward Thomas is one of the supporting-acts and I like their voices and music.

I'm also coming from Holland :wavey:

I've never been to a festival here either though...hahaha. Hope you enjoy Ward Thomas!! Where can we see the actual chronological line-up? Their Facebook is so messy.

SorcererJP 07-01-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1208996)
I'm also coming from Holland :wavey:

I've never been to a festival here either though...hahaha. Hope you enjoy Ward Thomas!! Where can we see the actual chronological line-up? Their Facebook is so messy.

According to this schedule, Stevie will play for about 80 minutes, starting at 18:10h local time:

https://www.bst-hydepark.com/events/...events/830591/

I hope she'll do some some songs with the Heartbreakers in their set as well, rather then appearing at hers :-)

twinmatrix 07-01-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorcererJP (Post 1213227)
According to this schedule, Stevie will play for about 80 minutes, starting at 18:10h local time:

I hope she'll do some some songs with the Heartbreakers in their set as well, rather then appearing at hers :-)

WOW! Cool... I guess that means I have to stay around for Tom Petty? haha... I assume she'll appear for some songs

MoonSister75 07-03-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorcererJP (Post 1213227)

Thanks for posting this. I'd been trying to find out the timings last week. 80mins is fairly decent amount of time - I was imagining about an hour. And a good start time, as I didn't want to have to get there too early. 6 days to go :woohoo:

Matthew 07-04-2017 05:01 PM

Yeah, finally we can be 100% sure that itīs gonna be set of more songs like almost solo concert, not just one song with Tom Petty. I was afraid of that :).

Im coming to London too and itīs gonna be my first seeing Stevie solo, I hope I will hear more of her solo work, then from Fleetwood Mac :). I loved Bella Donna live or Crying in the Night.

I will also come around 17:00 to that show, because if I would be there from the beginning, which is 13:00... I would be super tired after standing the whole afternoon. Im sure that the crowd will be moving there and back everytime the performer will change. But I think that I will stay during Tom Petty too, I payed hard money for that, and they are the biggest stars, so... :) even that Im coming there really just because of Stevie :).

Yeah, Im looking forward !!:blob2:

And who knows, maybe Im gonna do another trip to England in autumn, if Christine and Lindsey comes too :-D. Pity that they didnt do that together:D

golddustboy71 07-05-2017 11:36 AM

ive been to a lot of these Hyde park things ...if you're not in Golden or Diamond...just bring a rug..chill.... treat it like a festival/picnic... enjoy the day. Most people pick a spot sit down and chill between the acts as its usually 45 mins gap....( id get there before 4 though to nab a spot )

SorcererJP 07-05-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 1213331)
Yeah, finally we can be 100% sure that itīs gonna be set of more songs like almost solo concert, not just one song with Tom Petty. I was afraid of that :).

I will also come around 17:00 to that show, because if I would be there from the beginning, which is 13:00... I would be super tired after standing the whole afternoon. Im sure that the crowd will be moving there and back everytime the performer will change. together:D

Well, I was pretty sure from the beginning in december that she was doing her own set. It was listed on her site at the tour-section, so that encouraged me to buy a ticket right away ...

I think that if you arrive at five, it will be hard to get to the front. Unless you have a diamond or gold-ticket. I think I will be there early, the other acts are interesting too. I wanted to see Ward Thomas as well, but they play at a different stage at the same time as Stevie :-)

I have no idea what the capicity of Hyde Park is, but what I have seen from Stones and Springsteen-dvd's it's rather huge, so I do hope that I can get a nice spot with my 169cm in length. Video-screens are nice, but you can rather wait for a DVD then :-)

MoonSister75 07-07-2017 06:54 AM

​I'm planning to be at Hyde Park by 4 at the latest, to make sure I get a good spot for Stevie's set. If anyone else in the gold section wants to meet and ​say hi, I'm aiming to be in the middle of the front row of that section. I'll be wearing a pink t-shirt, jeans and probably red sandals unless it rains. It did show rain when I checked yesterday, but today it's showing dry and warm :thumbsup:

The gold section isn't sold out, so I'm hoping it's not too crowded in there and it will be relatively easy to reach the front, Whether I bump into any of you or not, I hope everyone has a fantastic time on Sunday :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm so looking forward to seeing Stevie of course, but also Tom Petty too as I love many of his songs.

wheart 07-07-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1213470)
​I'm planning to be at Hyde Park by 4 at the latest, to make sure I get a good spot for Stevie's set. If anyone else in the gold section wants to meet and ​say hi, I'm aiming to be in the middle of the front row of that section. I'll be wearing a pink t-shirt, jeans and probably red sandals unless it rains. It did show rain when I checked yesterday, but today it's showing dry and warm :thumbsup:

The gold section isn't sold out, so I'm hoping it's not too crowded in there and it will be relatively easy to reach the front, Whether I bump into any of you or not, I hope everyone has a fantastic time on Sunday :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm so looking forward to seeing Stevie of course, but also Tom Petty too as I love many of his songs.

Hope you have a great time!!

MoonSister75 07-07-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1213474)
Hope you have a great time!!

Thanks, I will do! :)

I'm leaving for London in the morning, and I'll post a review when I get back in a few days time.

dersaw 07-09-2017 06:36 AM

Gutted!

Gutted that due to a compound fracture of my arm, I can't make it to see Stevie today. Had golden tickets and was travelling down from Glasgow, most disappointing day of my Life! :sorry: