The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Location, location, LOCATION!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54366)

sorcerer999 10-06-2014 11:06 AM

Location, location, LOCATION!!!

Roll call! Where do you call home???

I thought this might be an interesting thread. I'm always curious to know where people live, especially the folks on the various forums I frequent.

I live in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

Where do YOU live?

SisterNightroad 10-06-2014 11:58 AM

I know this is too long

I live in Italy in the province of Perugia (remember the homicide of Meredith Kercher?); more specifically I live in Città della Pieve, birthplace of a pretty known painter, Pietro Vannucci or Perugino, the master of Raphael and da Vinci.

HelloMonster 10-06-2014 12:20 PM

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca :) but only less than a year. Before that was Kansas City, Mo.

http://i.imgur.com/NlkT09O.jpg

Found this on google, but it's taken down the street from my home. :)

ViscountViktor 10-06-2014 03:36 PM

I live in the sunny city of Birmingham in the UK!

HomerMcvie 10-06-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1147296)
Roll call! Where do you call home???

I thought this might be an interesting thread. I'm always curious to know where people live, especially the folks on the various forums I frequent.

I live in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

Where do YOU live?

Bloomington, Indiana. Although I'm beginning the financing process to buy a condo in Nashville! I've been in love with that town for 20 years, and it's time.:]

sorcerer999 10-06-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1147367)
Bloomington, Indiana. Although I'm beginning the financing process to buy a condo in Nashville! I've been in love with that town for 20 years, and it's time.:]

Nice! Nashville is really fun! Interestingly enough, I lived outside of Bloomington for a half a year back in the late 90's. :nod:

Japhry 10-06-2014 05:18 PM

Portland, OR:nod:

HomerMcvie 10-06-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1147384)
Nice! Nashville is really fun! Interestingly enough, I lived outside of Bloomington for a half a year back in the late 90's. :nod:

How funny is that!?!?!:lol:

Were you in school here, or another reason?

I know all about Nashville! I've spent a week of every month there, every month except May, this year. It's time(even though I'm not going to sell out here, not yet anyway). I've found reasonably priced condos, downtown on the river.

sorcerer999 10-06-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1147392)
How funny is that!?!?!:lol:

Were you in school here, or another reason?

No. When I was a young, misguided, uninformed youth pretending to be "hetero", I served a mission trip for the LDS church there.

Yeah, so you know all about Nashville then, seeing as how you're practically here all the time. Cool! :D Welcome home, then! :lol:

goldenground 10-06-2014 07:59 PM

San Jose, California :cool:

HomerMcvie 10-06-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1147424)
No. When I was a young, misguided, uninformed youth pretending to be "hetero", I served a mission trip for the LDS church there.

Yeah, so you know all about Nashville then, seeing as how you're practically here all the time. Cool! :D Welcome home, then! :lol:

Finding our path in life is what it's all about. I'm sure you'll admit Bloomington is a really nice place to live? Actually, if you've not been here since the 90's, you probably wouldn't recognize the town, other than campus. Just like Nashville, tons of high rise, high dollar apartments, now. IU is no longer a "in-state kids" school. We're overrun by rich east coast kids, whose daddies pay their $3K/month rent.

Nashville, I was there just last week. Hopefully back the week preceding Halloween.

How do you feel about Hattie B's Hot Chicken? I'm their poster boy!!!! Or do you do Nashville Hot Chicken?

sorcerer999 10-06-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1147428)
How do you feel about Hattie B's Hot Chicken? I'm their poster boy!!!! Or do you do Nashville Hot Chicken?

I literally live around the corner from the NEW Hattie B's in Sylvan Park. Love it!!! Don't like the long ass line to get in, though...although it has certainly dwindled these past two months since it opened. PM me if you want to talk some more. I don't want this thread to be all about Nashville.

Still very curious as to where everyone else lives! :D:nod:

HomerMcvie 10-06-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1147430)
I literally live around the corner from the NEW Hattie B's in Sylvan Park. Love it!!! Don't like the long ass line to get in, though...although it has certainly dwindled these past two months since it opened. PM me if you want to talk some more. I don't want this thread to be all about Nashville.

Still very curious as to where everyone else lives! :D:nod:

I tried the new place time before last(and the line was INSANE - even though I'd phoned in my order - I have both locations on speed dial!), and went back to the old location last week. And I'm toning down my heat level. I've done Shut The Cluck Up, and did Damn Hot last week, and it almost killed me!!! I've made my mind up that Reg Hot is as hot as I'm going, from now on.

So WHERE is everyone else from? :lol::sorry:

golddustwoman77 10-06-2014 08:44 PM

I'm originally from Camden, TN. Now, I live in Newport, TN.

louielouie2000 10-06-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1147367)

I'm so happy to hear you're finally taking the plunge! You've talked about this for years. :thumbsup: