The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Would the Mac play at Super Bowl? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=25316)

JWS 02-06-2006 12:40 AM

Would the Mac play at Super Bowl?

At today's NFL Super Bowl in Detroit...the Rolling Stones were the half time entertainment. Last year was Paul McCartney. Is it time for for Fleetwood Mac to play this event? Would they even be considered? I think it would be a great but short show. Only time for three numbers...which ones?

Go Your Own Way
The Chain
Rhiannon

seeker007nmss 02-06-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS
At today's NFL Super Bowl in Detroit...the Rolling Stones were the half time entertainment. Last year was Paul McCartney. Is it time for for Fleetwood Mac to play this event? Would they even be considered? I think it would be a great but short show. Only time for three numbers...which ones?

Go Your Own Way
The Chain
Rhiannon

Most likely "Don't Stop" in there instead of Rhiannon. Blah

macfan 57 02-06-2006 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS
At today's NFL Super Bowl in Detroit...the Rolling Stones were the half time entertainment. Last year was Paul McCartney. Is it time for for Fleetwood Mac to play this event? Would they even be considered?

No. Their time is past. But, they did play the Super Bowl in 1993, although not at half time.

skcin 02-06-2006 03:50 PM

Normally I would say no chance. But if they do end up doing a "30th anniversary of Rumours" thing next year, I think it's a real possibility. JMO.

JWS 02-06-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin
Normally I would say no chance. But if they do end up doing a "30th anniversary of Rumours" thing next year, I think it's a real possibility. JMO.

You're right about that...it will be 30 years in 2007. The NFL is wanting to go more "mainstream" with these Super Bowl shows after that Janet Jackson wardrobe debacle. If they can have the Stones, then FM could work. I would like to see it happen. Would Stevie Nicks appear? I think so.

chiliD 02-06-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS
You're right about that...it will be 30 years in 2007. The NFL is wanting to go more "mainstream" with these Super Bowl shows after that Janet Jackson wardrobe debacle. If they can have the Stones, then FM could work. I would like to see it happen. Would Stevie Nicks appear? I think so.

Let's broaden our myopic Rumours-vision. It's the band's 40th Anniversary, let's celebrate THAT. They've already ridden the dead horse named Rumours enough.

JWS 02-06-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
Let's broaden our myopic Rumours-vision. It's the band's 40th Anniversary, let's celebrate THAT. They've already ridden the dead horse named Rumours enough.

That's true. But we're talking the Super Bowl entertainment. FM couldn't play that blues music from the first 10 years at the half timw show. They could play Rumours/Tusk

chiliD 02-06-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS
That's true. But we're talking the Super Bowl entertainment. FM couldn't play that blues music from the first 10 years at the half timw show. They could play Rumours/Tusk

They could have Peter Green play & sing "Oh Well", the Bob Welch play "Hypnotized", then Lindsey & Stevie come out and they do "The Chain", then on with the football game

JWS 02-06-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

They could have Peter Green play & sing "Oh Well", the Bob Welch play "Hypnotized", then Lindsey & Stevie come out and they do "The Chain", then on with the football game

OK...That works for me.

skcin 02-06-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

It's not "our" myopic Rumours vision, and you know it. WE can celebrate it all we want, Chili. But average/no-obsessive fans probably won't, and the Superbowl sure as hell won't - they want mainstream hits.

If they DO end up doing a tour next year, I'm assuming that it will focus on the Rumours anniversary. JMO.

chiliD 02-06-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

It's not "our" myopic Rumours vision, and you know it. WE can celebrate it all we want, Chili. But average/no-obsessive fans probably won't, and the Superbowl sure as hell won't - they want mainstream hits.

If they DO end up doing a tour next year, I'm assuming that it will focus on the Rumours anniversary. JMO.

If so, count me out. I'm sick of that f-in' album. They ain't gettin' any of my hard earned dough. Now, if they broaden the scope, I might change my mind...but, I don't see it happenin'.

skcin 02-06-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

If so, count me out. I'm sick of that f-in' album. They ain't gettin' any of my hard earned dough. Now, if they broaden the scope, I might change my mind...but, I don't see it happenin'.

Your prerogative, dude. :)

DavidMn 02-07-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Well, then they could do the super bowl in 2008 in Phoenix. Hmm I wonder who's from there?;)

DavidMn 02-07-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

I agree. Let's get some other stuff in there, and I love Rumours too.:nod:

JWS 02-07-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
Well, then they could do the super bowl in 2008 in Phoenix. Hmm I wonder who's from there?;)

That's a good idea..the 2008 game is at the new Cardinals stadium in Glendale, near Phoenix. I'm going to find out what TV network is doing the broadcast and send an email suggesting FM for the show. If the rotation holds it would be Fox's turn