The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Say Goodbye - tears (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60211)

Tusky 01-03-2024 04:25 AM

Say Goodbye - tears

Hiya - lyrical content aside, do we know why Stevie cried at that specific gig during Say Goodbye? Did anything happen before the show to prompt her reaction?

UnwindedDreams 01-03-2024 06:49 AM

Either it was Lindsey's dedication of the song to her or she was sad knowing that the 11 year Lindsey and Stevie show was ending that night (actually it did January 8, 2014)

jbrownsjr 01-03-2024 10:02 AM

They are great actors that know how to get caught up in the facade. :)

Tusky 01-03-2024 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1290903)
Either it was Lindsey's dedication of the song to her or she was sad knowing that the 11 year Lindsey and Stevie show was ending that night (actually it did January 8, 2014)

Was Stevie hoping to ditch Lindsey after this gig, before Christine announced she was coming back? Would that timeline work? I wonder if that's why she was so emotional

David 01-03-2024 12:55 PM

I figured it had something to do with something Lindsey said. It’s as if she was blindsided by something sweet he said. It’s one of those ineffable Fleetwood Mac moments, I guess.

I saw Stevie with Fleetwood Mac once and she was intermittently quite visibly crying. It was quite odd because nobody could really figure it out. I think it was on the Santa Barbara campus — the makeup show they did on the Rumours tour. She’s an emotional lady and sometimes tightly strung. It’s what makes her the romantic songwriter she is. Thoughts?

jbrownsjr 01-03-2024 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1290916)
I figured it had something to do with something Lindsey said. It’s as if she was blindsided by something sweet he said. It’s one of those ineffable Fleetwood Mac moments, I guess.

I saw Stevie with Fleetwood Mac once and she was intermittently quite visibly crying. It was quite odd because nobody could really figure it out. I think it was on the Santa Barbara campus — the makeup show they did on the Rumours tour. She’s an emotional lady and sometimes tightly strung. It’s what makes her the romantic songwriter she is. Thoughts?

Agreed, she was crying during the Mirage show. I've always (especially then) connected to the lyrics and the reasons she wrote them.

bombaysaffires 01-04-2024 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1290916)

watch the intro Lindsey speaks before the song. All about them and all that's gone between them. He says something about how he just wanted to do this for her.

She gets emotional during that, but it's harder to see.... but he makes a comment about it saying something along the lines of "She's mad now because I'm making it harder for her to sing this song" then he doesn't know when to stop and says, "It's ok just do the best you can" to her.

If you watch the footage of right after the song you can see them embrace and have some short conversation. Then she goes to the mic and talks about how sometimes as performers 'we get emotional, as you just saw'. Then talks about how much they appreciate fans and see you on the next tour etc etc.

David 01-04-2024 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1290950)
watch the intro Lindsey speaks before the song. All about them and all that's gone between them. He says something about how he just wanted to do this for her.

Awwww! This might make me a shipper!

jbrownsjr 01-05-2024 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1290958)

The timing of you becoming a shipper is flawless! :laugh:

HomerMcvie 01-05-2024 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1290992)
The timing of you becoming a shipper is flawless! :laugh:

You know $tevie and Lindsey still love each other. $he had him bant from FM because $he can't live with or without him.

bombaysaffires 01-07-2024 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1290905)
They are great actors that know how to get caught up in the facade. :)

That's always a part of everything they do it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1290958)

Here's the video of the intro and the aftermath, so you can decide if it moves you to ship or not....:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuJC4XgGPx8