The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Fritz Recording Available! Louisa Joy! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15436)

ThePenguin 07-22-2004 09:21 PM

New Fritz Recording Available! Louisa Joy!

We fast forward to late 1970 for the second Fritz clip; Lindsey is singing lead while Stevie and Javier sing background vocals. Louisa Joy was recorded at Studio City Recording with Keith Olsen as engineer. This was supposed to be a Fritz demo at the time.

IMHO, you will LOVE this clip. It is a very different sound of Fritz than what was heard in Georgia too. Comments are strongly encouraged either in this thread or on the Fritz page. Lis says it makes her feel giddy. :)

Thank you Javier again for letting the fans hear this music.

Now go listen!

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/fritz.htm

wondergirl9847 07-22-2004 09:41 PM

Omg!!

I freakin' love this....it's so boppy!! My fave part is when he holds that note from minute 1:30 - 1:36!! Dang if that's not a catchy tune too!! I'll be singing this for a while. LOL

Thanks Javier and Marty!!!!!! :blob1:

AliP 07-22-2004 10:15 PM

Dang, if that's not the catchiest song I've heard in a long time! I love it!! Thanks so much!

skcin 07-22-2004 10:55 PM

Ahhh, another surprise from Javier. Thanks so much!

Paula :woohoo:

golddust 07-23-2004 12:54 AM

Thanks so much. I love it especially the "Let me be your boy". LB sings with such conviction.

shackin'up 07-23-2004 05:16 AM

Impressive, thanks. I miss a beat for ultimate catchyness, but this has a certain risk in it that i like. If it's really good or will suffer for having no beat I'd have to listen to it more. Great melody, vocal and certainly to mention: the bassline!

thanks again, keep it flowing Javier :D !!!!!

gerald

CarneVaca 07-23-2004 07:58 AM

It's not Tusk, but it's OK.

Livia 07-23-2004 09:01 AM

YOWZA! Love it! Thank you SO much, Javier! :xoxo:

dissention 07-23-2004 11:09 AM

It's OK. I'm not a big fan of the use of Sabine.

CarneVaca 07-23-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
It's OK. I'm not a big fan of the use of Sabine.

I concur, especially its repeated use. I wonder, do you think he was referring to the shrub, the river or the ancient civilization?

Lindsey sounds great.

77Rumours77 07-23-2004 11:22 AM

HOLY SH*T! Thats awesome! It sounds so...70's..! I Like it! :cool:

dissention 07-23-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I concur, especially its repeated use. I wonder, do you think he was referring to the shrub, the river or the ancient civilization?

Lindsey sounds great.

Don't forget the language. ;) If he was referring to ancient civilization, I hope no one of Roman descent on this board tracks Miss Louisa Joy down.

Lindsey sounds fantastic, his voice really can sing anything.

CarneVaca 07-23-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Don't forget the language. ;) If he was referring to ancient civilization, I hope no one of Roman descent on this board tracks Miss Louisa Joy down.

The same goes for Etruscans. Watch your backs!

dissention 07-23-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

The same goes for Etruscans. Watch your backs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had a stoke. :laugh:

shackin'up 07-23-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

It's not Tusk, but it's OK.

:cool: you just keep on poking around in Javiers criticism of The Best Album Ever Recorded By Anyone. Has he bitten yet?

CarneVaca 07-23-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up
:cool: you just keep on poking around in Javiers criticism of The Best Album Ever Recorded By Anyone. Has he bitten yet?

Not yet. BAERBA remains unchallenged!!

Les 07-23-2004 01:16 PM

Thanks Javier and Marty for both of these songs! I think it's a fun song. And that boy can sing. :D

Patti 07-23-2004 01:19 PM

Thanks Javier, thanks Marty--that was fun to listen to...and thanks to Lindsey for his great voice! :xoxo:

joe 07-23-2004 01:59 PM

Everytime i click on either of the songs it just kicks me back to the beginning of this post.

????

ThePenguin 07-23-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe
Everytime i click on either of the songs it just kicks me back to the beginning of this post.

????

Click on the Fritz icons next to the songs. It's higher up on the page.

- Marty

GODDESS6 07-23-2004 06:10 PM

absolutely awesome!!!~ i LUV when this stuff durfaces!!!~ it is better than christmas!!!~
brightest stevie blessings~

Lorraine 07-23-2004 06:25 PM

Completely different sound, but quite catchy, Lindseys voice sounds different singing a boppy song but the harmonies compliment it.

It's quite nice to have the luxury of hearing these early songs from Fritz, thank you Javier.

Lorraine :)

gldstwmn 07-23-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
We fast forward to late 1970 for the second Fritz clip; Lindsey is singing lead while Stevie and Javier sing background vocals. Louisa Joy was recorded at Studio City Recording with Keith Olsen as engineer. This was supposed to be a Fritz demo at the time.

IMHO, you will LOVE this clip. It is a very different sound of Fritz than what was heard in Georgia too. Comments are strongly encouraged either in this thread or on the Fritz page. Lis says it makes her feel giddy. :)

Thank you Javier again for letting the fans hear this music.

Now go listen!

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/fritz.htm

This reminds me of a Dead song. I love it. Thanks!

christinaliz 07-23-2004 07:19 PM

Thank you, Javier, for finally letting these tracks out of the vault. I admit, I really, really liked the sound of 'Georgia' and 'Louisa Joy' is...well...a joy! It's catchy, bluesy, fun and I never realized Lindsey had that incredible vocal range. Very, very nice to hear and you're an angel for sharing them.

Christina

goldie 07-23-2004 09:15 PM

oh WOW. I love this tune! So cool to hear Lindsey singing this! Stevie sounds awesome as backup. They were so meant to sing together.

LilyRose 07-23-2004 09:45 PM

Thank you again Javier!

It really is a catchy tune. I played it at work and my co-workers made me play it again 5 times.

I never realized that Lindsey had such a great voice...great range. And Stevie forever with those haunting harmonies.

Loved it!

Susie

The Tower 07-23-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

I just had a stoke. :laugh:

Yeah, I noticed....

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
My fave part is when he holds that note from minute 1:30 - 1:36!!

Yep! He sounds very young, virile and extremely sexy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
This reminds me of a Dead song. I love it. Thanks!

Definitely!! This coulda segued into "Uncle John's Band", which I STILL think Buckingham Nicks should cover one o'these days.

I think it's interesting how "far in the back" Stevie's vocals are.... chick singeritis.... Who the hell cares, though, cuz Lindsey sounds f**king good enough to eat!!!! Literally!!! :blob2: :blob2:

gldstwmn 07-23-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tower

Definitely!! This coulda segued into "Uncle John's Band", which I STILL think Buckingham Nicks should cover one o'these days.

they would do a great rendition of Uncle John's Band. And Louisa Joy? The name's perfect. :nod:

Hawkeye 07-24-2004 12:27 AM

is is INCREDIBLE, but I think I still prefer Gergia. I love the way they scream that song.

Lauren 07-24-2004 09:38 AM

Marty - thank you for posting these- they are a wonderful treat!!!

Lauren :blob2:

joe 07-26-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Click on the Fritz icons next to the songs. It's higher up on the page.

- Marty

Thanks, Marty! It worked.

rbs3676 07-28-2004 11:10 AM

I love it! LB sounds fabulous...
Makes me day when these little treasures are unearthed!

rbs

SuzeQuze 07-30-2004 02:41 PM

Makes my day too, these recordings are so wonderful, I'm so glad that Javier decided to share them. WOW.

~Susan

amber 07-30-2004 03:00 PM

Just listened. Aaaaaahhh, that is so cute, what a fun song! Thank you so much. :p
Amber

madformac 08-02-2004 03:50 PM

Yeah, we heard a snippet of this on either Lindsey's "Behind The Music" or the Fleetwood Mac "Behind The Music".. Can't remember which, must dig those old tapes out!

:blob2: :blob1:

ERigby818 08-10-2004 11:45 AM

Wow!

I've been craving this song ever since I heard that little clip of it on the Lindsey BTM. Thanks so much!

-Sonia :blob1: