The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interviews about "Mirage" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54488)

Dr.Brown 06-02-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1230042)
I love Only Over You.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you oooooooout of your miiiiiiiiiind????

jk, jk :sorry: :laugh: :xoxo:

HomerMcvie 06-03-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1230045)

It took me YEARS to appreciate it. Along with Mystified. And I've not like Warm Ways since about 9th grade...

However, I love Sugar Daddy more than baby jebus.

StevieandChris 06-09-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1230045)

People think I'm crazy. But they don't know.:]

David 06-09-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230062)
It took me YEARS to appreciate it. Along with Mystified. And I've not like Warm Ways since about 9th grade...

However, I love Sugar Daddy more than baby jebus.

I could never really get into Warm Ways. It's so saccharine. Even the melody line. It's like one of those CDs for sleeping toddlers.

HomerMcvie 06-09-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1230379)
I could never really get into Warm Ways. It's so saccharine. Even the melody line. It's like one of those CDs for sleeping toddlers.

Same. And the production sounds horribly dated.

I've always loved the guitar at the end, but that's about it.

Have I mentioned that I freaking LOVE me some Sugar Daddy?:wavey::woohoo::wavey::woohoo::wavey:

Dr.Brown 06-09-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230382)
Have I mentioned that I freaking LOVE me some Sugar Daddy?:wavey::woohoo::wavey::woohoo::wavey:

I love Sugar Daddy but can't stand the dreadful Oh Daddy. IMHO, it's the worst track on Rumours and the one I always skip. It really should have been replaced by Silver Springs, even if they had to cut it down by 30 seconds. :nod:

HomerMcvie 06-09-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1230386)
I love Sugar Daddy but can't stand the dreadful Oh Daddy. IMHO, it's the worst track on Rumours and the one I always skip. It really should have been replaced by Silver Springs, even if they had to cut it down by 30 seconds. :nod:

I know. Even though Christine was always my favorite, some of her "sleepers" bore me to tears. I've never really cared for:
Warm Ways
Oh Daddy

And it took me YEARS to learn to even marginally like:
Mystified
Only Over Ewe
Honey Hi
Never Forget

And it's not just her. I've never been much on:
Storms
Beautiful Child
Crystal

But give me a beat like Sugar Daddy or Think About Me, and I'm all about it. Or Angel! There you go Chiffonheads. There's a bone for ya!:lol:

Dr.Brown 06-09-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230387)
...But give me a beat like Sugar Daddy or Think About Me, and I'm all about it. Or Angel! There you go Chiffonheads. There's a bone for ya!:lol:

Oh, I thought you were tossing that one over to the Welchies. :D

HomerMcvie 06-09-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1230391)
Oh, I thought you were tossing that one over to the Welchies. :D

This is the incorrect forum for THAT Angel.:p

Dr.Brown 06-09-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230392)
This is the incorrect forum for THAT Angel.:p

True, but if we have whole threads on this forum dedicated to discussions on Post-Rumours lineup auditions and concert setlists then a Pre-Rumours song shouldn't be verboten. ;)

I'll even go so far as to post the most fitting Post-Rumours song describing the band's current status: :(

jmn3 06-09-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230382)
Same. And the production sounds horribly dated.

I've always loved the guitar at the end, but that's about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1230386)

You two are nuts! :p Who likes Sugar Daddy and hates Oh Daddy?!? I love Oh Daddy...it's, as Lindsey said when he was allowed to be unmuted on Sirius XM, a slow dirge!

Warm Ways is like having a bottle of honey mainlined into your veins. But it has it's moments.

jmn3 06-09-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1230387)
I know. Even though Christine was always my favorite, some of her "sleepers" bore me to tears. I've never really cared for:
Warm Ways
Oh Daddy

And it took me YEARS to learn to even marginally like:
Mystified
Only Over Ewe
Honey Hi
Never Forget

And it's not just her. I've never been much on:
Storms
Beautiful Child
Crystal

But give me a beat like Sugar Daddy or Think About Me, and I'm all about it. Or Angel! There you go Chiffonheads. There's a bone for ya!:lol:

Only Over You is just the worst. I HATE this song. The beginning is nails on a chalkboard and I just can't get through even half of the song. BLEH

Storms and Beautiful Child are great but Crystal is another barf-worthy tune. When I see people putting it in their dream setlists I just cringe. I have no need to ever hear that one live.

Dr.Brown 06-09-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1230398)
Oh Daddy...it's, as Lindsey said when he was allowed to be unmuted on Sirius XM, a slow dirge!

Oh it's a slow dirge alright, but if I'm at a funeral this is the kind of music I'd much rather listen to:

HomerMcvie 06-09-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1230393)
True, but if we have whole threads on this forum dedicated to discussions on Post-Rumours lineup auditions and concert setlists then a Pre-Rumours song shouldn't be verboten. ;)

I'll even go so far as to post the most fitting Post-Rumours song describing the band's current status: :(

Now, I LOVE me some Time/Bekka. She's the best, most powerful vocalist(even now) that FM ever had! She knows it, too.

I'm friends with a producer that knows her and her Mom, and says they both have egos the size of Texas, and can't fit in the same room at the same time. Bekka's a sweetheart though, even if she's got a huge ego.

HomerMcvie 06-09-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1230398)
You two are nuts! :p Who likes Sugar Daddy and hates Oh Daddy?!? I love Oh Daddy...it's, as Lindsey said when he was allowed to be unmuted on Sirius XM, a slow dirge!

Warm Ways is like having a bottle of honey mainlined into your veins. But it has it's moments.

WHY don't you like Sugar Daddy? The cheesy lyrics???

I LOVE the music. Always have. Always will. It's made EVERY greatest hits CD I've ever made. So has Think About Me.