The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mystified (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57465)

BLY 09-10-2017 12:39 PM

Mystified

I have always loved this track but when it came on this morning on my auto play I said to my self oh my god......Christine sounds like an angel and yes Lindsey IMO is a genius.

jbrownsjr 09-10-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1216491)
I have always loved this track but when it came on this morning on my auto play I said to my self oh my god......Christine sounds like an angel and yes Lindsey IMO is a genius.

It's such a BuckVie thing. I love this song so much. It really lifts my spirits.
It's just gorgeous.

HomerMcvie 09-10-2017 01:37 PM

I didn't like it(and Only Over You) once upon a time, but they've both grown on me over the years.

FuzzyPlum 09-10-2017 01:49 PM

Always loved, loved, loved Mystified. The guitar solo towards the end is perhaps the closest Lindsey has ever been to playing like Peter Green- so delicate.

tango87 09-10-2017 02:45 PM

Oh I love it. I've been rather obsessing over it in recent days, in fact. Yes, those two guitar solos are things of beauty and wonder.

The whole atmosphere of it is just transporting - I always used to love it when I listened to Tango on cassette on my Walkman (God I'm so old) and it ended side one; it would carry me away...

It's an important part of the magical, mystical feeling they achieved with Tango. It's quite a slight song - very simple in terms of lyric and melody, but the setting and performance - the feel of it - is utterly gorgeous.

jbrownsjr 09-10-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango87 (Post 1216499)
Oh I love it. I've been rather obsessing over it in recent days, in fact. Yes, those two guitar solos are things of beauty and wonder.

The whole atmosphere of it is just transporting - I always used to love it when I listened to Tango on cassette on my Walkman (God I'm so old) and it ended side one; it would carry me away...

It's an important part of the magical, mystical feeling they achieved with Tango. It's quite a slight song - very simple in terms of lyric and melody, but the setting and performance - the feel of it - is utterly gorgeous.

What a wonderful description. Very close to how I feel about the song, too.

secondhandchain 09-10-2017 09:35 PM

Have always loved it. The song feels like the Tango cover to me. The harmonies are absolutely stunning and that guitar solo is so pitch perfect, so melodic and not a note is wasted. I was always surprised at the hate it gets.

AncientQueen 09-10-2017 11:40 PM

What must I read here? :shocked:
Mystified is awful!!! It's the epitome of evil hardcore saccharine elevator music from insignificance hell. At least imho, it really is.
:shrug:

HomerMcvie 09-11-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1216519)
Mystified is awful!!! It's the epitome of evil hardcore saccharine elevator music from insignificance hell. At least imho, it really is.

Bitter, party of one!!!!:lol:

tango87 09-11-2017 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1216519)

Well it takes all sorts, I suppose!

tango87 09-11-2017 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1216518)
The song feels like the Tango cover to me.

Absolutely! I always feel the same about the song Tango In The Night too.

Wdm6789 09-11-2017 05:40 AM

I have always liked Mystified. I have always loved Only Over You. I'm not a fan of the bongo sounding drums in Mystified, it needs a little more bass too, but the guitar is great. Tango is Christine's best album in terms of balance. Little Lies and Everywhere were the pop hits, Isn't It Midnight is the rocker, and Mystified is the slow song. Weirdly enough, as I was typing this post I turned on Mystified on my iTunes and then Family Man came on after it, those two songs sound really good together.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2017 07:57 AM

I love the piano demo on the deluxe version.

FuzzyPlum 09-11-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1216518)
The song feels like the Tango cover to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango87 (Post 1216522)
Absolutely! I always feel the same about the song Tango In The Night too.

I feel like that about those two songs but also You and I Part 2 as well. I think that's mainly down to the 'Oh the phantoms crawl out of the night' line.

seanthompson 09-11-2017 01:14 PM

I love 'Mystified'. It should have been a single.