The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Big Love from OOTC tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54113)

shackin'up 08-23-2014 05:01 PM

Big Love from OOTC tour

Lindsey opened with Big Love solo on his OOTC tour. It must have been a bomb of an opener. Is there good audio or video from it?

lbfan 08-23-2014 06:09 PM

Big Love

Probably the best audio is the San Juan Capistrano show (he did two shows to open the tour, in December 1992). One of these shows was broadcast on radio. The best video is the CenterStage performance filmed in Chicago. However, PBS edited the show and placed Big Love in the middle of the show, and cut into the performance with an interview. The bootleg video from Atlanta, I think, has an uncut version.

Stormwind 08-25-2014 10:32 AM

Big Love, yes he played it during the OOTC tour. You can find the song in many bootlegs.
But, in my opinion, he truly improved its rendition over the years, for example "The Dance" version of it is better.

wondergirl9847 08-25-2014 03:00 PM

Well....

Big Love was better during The Dance, but I'll tell you what wasn't better...Go Insane!

If you go back and listen to OOTC-era Go Insane's.....HOLY CRAPOLA! The stuff he was doing on that guitar will make your hair stand on end.

I miss the way he used to play around a lot more with melodies. He stays "in a box" these days, for the most part, with some exceptions. Break out of that box, Lindsey!! You know you wanna!! :blob2:

PenguinHead 08-26-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 1140479)
Big Love was better during The Dance, but I'll tell you what wasn't better...Go Insane!

If you go back and listen to OOTC-era Go Insane's.....HOLY CRAPOLA! The stuff he was doing on that guitar will make your hair stand on end.

I miss the way he used to play around a lot more with melodies. He stays "in a box" these days, for the most part, with some exceptions. Break out of that box, Lindsey!! You know you wanna!! :blob2:

Big Machine. Big Box.

I'm so glad I was at his OOTC show in Portland, OR. It's still so memorable for being one of the best shows I've ever seen. Small, intimate historic venue, huge wall of sound (with his army of guitar players). People were freaking out at how overwhelmingly intense and fantastic it was to be in that room. The intensity was unexpected. He performed a large portion of the album. Goes to show, even if you aren't familiar with new songs, you still can still enjoy a great performance.

RockawayBlind 08-27-2014 09:43 AM

To me, the OOTC tour still ranks highest. It was when Lindsey, while still playing FM songs for about half of his setlist, really asserted himself as not just a solo artist, but as an artist, period. The band was excellent, delivering a fresh take on songs like Eyes of the World and Trouble. Lindsey was unbelievably intense, and I think he surprised the audience with how good he was. Even in 1993 (when I saw him), a lot of people didn't really get how fundamental he was to the sound of the FM songs they'd been hearing for almost two decades.

Stormwind 08-27-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockawayBlind (Post 1140721)
To me, the OOTC tour still ranks highest. It was when Lindsey, while still playing FM songs for about half of his setlist, really asserted himself as not just a solo artist, but as an artist, period. The band was excellent, delivering a fresh take on songs like Eyes of the World and Trouble. Lindsey was unbelievably intense, and I think he surprised the audience with how good he was. Even in 1993 (when I saw him), a lot of people didn't really get how fundamental he was to the sound of the FM songs they'd been hearing for almost two decades.

A full army :blob2:
Yes, the whole tour was amazing. Each member was personally instructed by Lindsey about the live rendition of the songs, if I'm right, that shows how he cares about his music, a perfectionist.