The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie Nicks is the first woman be inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58428)

Jondalar 12-13-2018 08:00 AM

Stevie Nicks is the first woman be inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice

She got in!!!!

Def Leppard
Stevie Nicks
Janet Jackson
The Cure
Roxy Music
the Zombies
Radiohead

kak125 12-13-2018 08:03 AM

Yes!!! So excited for her!

Jondalar 12-13-2018 08:07 AM

I cannot believe Todd Rundgren did not get in. Very happy for Janet even though she isn't really rock.

This is the pinnacle of Stevie's career. The cherry on the sundae.

BombaySapphire3 12-13-2018 08:20 AM

I knew she 'd get in and as if her head wasn't already big :rolleyes:..very glad that Roxy Music in particular did. Way overdue for them.

Jondalar 12-13-2018 08:20 AM

Stevie talks about being inducted -

“I have a lot to say about this,” Nicks says in a statement, “but I will save those words for later. For now I will just say, I have been in a band since 1968. To be recognized for my solo work makes me take a deep breath and smile. It’s a glorious feeling.” - Stevie Nicks to Rolling Stone Magazine

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-class-767917/

Keith 12-13-2018 08:21 AM

Nice..

I'm very happy for Stevie but disappointed that Todd Rundgren didn't make it - hopefully next year for Todd.

I'm also glad to see The Cure get inducted - their album "Disintregation" played in my head for months when it came out. I may have to pull it out and listen to it.

But for now, it's Stevie Nicks solo on my playlist this morning!

Congratulations Ms. Nicks!

DownOnRodeo 12-13-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1245879)
“I have a lot to say about this,” Nicks says in a statement[/url]

We've been warned!

mitzo 12-13-2018 08:41 AM

This is great but likely to keep her resting on her laurels and not recording anything from now on.

cbBen 12-13-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245882)
We've been warned!

Brilliant. I'm in stitches.

TheWildHeart67 12-13-2018 09:00 AM

And to all the naysayers, "😘"

TheWildHeart67 12-13-2018 09:06 AM

Stevie Nicks is being inducted into the Rock Hall 💘

https://www.rockhall.com/2019-inductees/

Jondalar 12-13-2018 09:09 AM

This is already in the Stevie Nicks forum. It's not a Fleetwood Mac thing.

jbrownsjr 12-13-2018 09:15 AM

I've moved it.

Wildheart.. keep the solo stuff in here whenever possible. Thanks!! :)

BlanketMan 12-13-2018 09:15 AM

Maybe Lindsey can give her induction speech! :laugh:

But seriously, I wonder who will. Mick? Don Henley? Harry Styles???

TheWildHeart67 12-13-2018 09:17 AM

after reading all the post of people saying she shouldn't get in in the Fleetwood Mac foroms, I just figured I would let everyone know in that forum that she was indeed inducted. If this is a double post for the Stevie Nicks threads then go ahead and delete it

Jondalar 12-13-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlanketMan (Post 1245900)
Maybe Lindsey can give her induction speech! :laugh:

But seriously, I wonder who will. Mick? Don Henley? Harry Styles???

Sheryl Crow, Adam Levine, Kid rock, Dave Grohl.....

Jondalar 12-13-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245882)
We've been warned!

She hates Lindsey smirking, so maybe he should just sit in the audience while she speaks and smirk and make fun of her.

jbrownsjr 12-13-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1245901)
after reading all the post of people saying she shouldn't get in in the Fleetwood Mac foroms, I just figured I would let everyone know in that forum that she was indeed inducted. If this is a double post for the Stevie Nicks threads then go ahead and delete it

Now now... we are going to have a good day!!! :thumbsup:

Don't make my heart skip a beat, then I'd be lonely...

Jondalar 12-13-2018 09:30 AM

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2018/...ted-twice.html

Rock Hall makes Stevie Nicks first woman to be inducted twice

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Tina Turner. Diana Ross. Janis Joplin. Grace Slick. Joan Jett.

Stevie Nicks has accomplished something none of those other female music icons have done. That’s earn Induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.

Nicks joins the Rock Hall’s Class of 2019, which also includes Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, The Cure, The Zombies and Roxy Music. In doing so, Nicks becomes the first woman to be honored separately with her band (Fleetwood Mac) and as a solo artist.

Perhaps surprisingly, 22 men have been inducted twice, 14 of them with their respective bands and as a solo acts. Eric Clapton has been inducted three times (solo, Cream and The Yardbirds).

Nicks’ induction has been the fan’s choice all along. She dominated the museum’s new computerized voting system throughout the year and finished second in the annual Fan Vote to Def Leppard.

Yet, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation president Joel Peresman insisted the new voting system, accessible on the museum’s Hall of Fame floor, had nothing to do with Nicks earning a nomination in October.

“The new in-museum voting system does not factor into the nomination process as the members of the nominating committee aren’t made aware of that,” Peresman told cleveland.com. “And we rely on their independent thinking, which in this case happened to match up.”

Feather Blade 12-13-2018 09:30 AM

Congratulations Stevie! Nice job. First woman to be honored twice. No one can ever take that away.

DownOnRodeo 12-13-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1245904)
She hates Lindsey smirking, so maybe he should just sit in the audience while she speaks and smirk and make fun of her.

Maybe if she goes on to long, Mick and Christine will be summoned to enter the stage doing their mockery waltz.

(Instructions for stage managers: leave a dollar bill at the opposite side of the stage for Mick. No need for enticements for Christine; she will follow him helplessly.)

But, "congratulations" are in order. So, here it is:

Congratulations, Irving.

Jondalar 12-13-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245909)
Maybe if she goes on to long, Mick and Christine will be summoned to enter the stage doing their mockery waltz.

(Instructions for stage managers: leave a dollar bill at the opposite side of the stage for Mick. No need for enticements for Christine; she will follow him helplessly.)

But, "congratulations" are in order. So, here it is:

Congratulations, Irving.

Give her some real props for being extremely smart. She crafted her career. It takes more than talent to make a career and Stevie is brilliant. She has networked, and got in good with the youth and even the alternative crowd. Hence, she is in the Hall of Fame twice and Lindsey is crafting his songs in obscurity.

BigAl84 12-13-2018 09:44 AM

Just found out...

HBO will be airing the RRHOF inductions. Apparently there will be two pay per view options available.

Option 1 - The full induction as originally broadcasted
Option 2 - 6 hour broadcast including the full two hours of Stevie Nicks' induction speech.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3i7zenReaUuI0/giphy.gif

HomerMcvie 12-13-2018 09:47 AM

NO waltzing or smirking allowed!:lol:

BlanketMan 12-13-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1245912)
Give her some real props for being extremely smart. She crafted her career. It takes more than talent to make a career and Stevie is brilliant. She has networked, and got in good with the youth and even the alternative crowd. Hence, she is in the Hall of Fame twice and Lindsey is crafting his songs in obscurity.

How many times has Bill Hader portrayed *Stevie Nicks* on Saturday Night Live, though?!? :D

I admit that Lucy Lawless did a nice job as Nicks back in '89, but that was a one-off. Hader appeared as LB ten times! Legendary!!! :p

BigAl84 12-13-2018 09:50 AM

waiting for this line:
"Mick Fleetwood called ME and asked if I could join the band"

:]:]:]:]:]:]:]:laugh::sorry::sorry:

DownOnRodeo 12-13-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1245912)

I agree; she deserves this. She was a knockout beauty and fame is her middle name.

She can't play an instrument, but so be it.

(New thread idea for cbBen: Have there ever been any other solo RHOOF inductees who can't play an instrument?)

I just hope that for all the people that got her there (the ones who play her instruments, write her songs, sing with her, produce her albums), she spends her 50 minute commencement speech talking about them and not herself. #unlikely

Sigh. If this was twelve months ago I'd have thought this was so cool.

BigAl84 12-13-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245917)
I agree; she deserves this. She was a knockout beauty and fame is her middle name.

(New thread idea for cbBen: Have there ever been any other solo RHOOF inductees who can't play an instrument?)

I just hope that for all the people that got her there (the ones who play her instruments, write her songs, produce her albums), she spends her 50 minute commencement speech talking about them and not herself. #unlikely

https://media.giphy.com/media/ndxxMuoE9yu08/giphy.gif

cbBen 12-13-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Wait a minute. Remember the version of "Gypsy" posted yesterday?

BlanketMan 12-13-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

I hear ya. In addition to witnessing the 2018 FM nonsense, I also saw Stevie's solo show in early 2017 for the first time ever... and, sorry to say, she was a colossal bore. I've never seen a singer talk as much as she did between songs. And, unlike some chatty artists, her stories just weren't that interesting. So that was kinda the beginning of my falling off the Stevie bandwagon. I'm still happy she got in, though, mostly cuz I'll always love the work of the Rumours Five. This may be strictly for her solo work, but any light shone on Stevie also shines on The Mac, so...

DownOnRodeo 12-13-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1245920)
Wait a minute. Remember the version of "Gypsy" posted yesterday?

That was firmly in my mind when I wrote that!!

And of course:

"Children of the orchestra... the forgotten tambourines."

secondhandchain 12-13-2018 10:17 AM

And for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me in to Fleetwood Mac fired! She should be ashamed of yourself.

luminol 12-13-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

I just hope that for all the people that got her there (the ones who play her instruments, write her songs, produce her albums), she spends her 50 minute commencement speech talking about them and not herself. #unlikely

You wrote my same thoughts down better than I would have, so I'm just quoting your whole post. I agree 100%.

I would have been so happy about this a year ago. My, how things change in a year.

secondhandchain 12-13-2018 10:22 AM

“ and for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me into Fleetwood Mac fired !” The crap that should be spewing out of her mouth during the ceremonyi should be really funny. She should be ashamed of herself she’s a disgusting person.

elle 12-13-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1245913)
HBO will be airing the RRHOF inductions. Apparently there will be two pay per view options available.

Option 1 - The full induction as originally broadcasted
Option 2 - 6 hour broadcast including the full two hours of Stevie Nicks' induction speech.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3i7zenReaUuI0/giphy.gif

why do we care in the FM forum about 80s sex kitten solo career?

secondhandchain 12-13-2018 10:24 AM

I bet she won’t even mention Lindsey, , I am sickened.

mitzo 12-13-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1245925)
And for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me in to Fleetwood Mac fired! She should be ashamed of yourself.

You need to work on your pronouns.

mitzo 12-13-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1245927)
“ and for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me into Fleetwood Mac fired !” The crap that should be spewing out of her mouth during the ceremonyi should be really funny. She should be ashamed of herself she’s a disgusting person.

And a two-time inductee into the hall of fame.

mitzo 12-13-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1245930)
I bet she won’t even mention Lindsey, , I am sickened.

Linds had little to do with her solo career LOL!

Jondalar 12-13-2018 10:41 AM

https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...all-1.24486335

Stevie Nicks will be first woman to be inducted twice to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
By Glenn Gamboa
glenn.gamboa@newsday.com

Stand back! Stevie Nicks will become the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, as the Fleetwood Mac frontwoman leads a distinctly ‘80s-dominated class of inductees this year, the museum announced Thursday morning.

Nicks, who launched her solo career in 1981 with her album “Bella Donna” and hits such as “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” enters the Rock Hall after her first time on the ballot, along with ‘80s rockers Def Leppard and New Romantic inspirations Roxy Music. Hitmaker Janet Jackson, who ruled the ‘80s charts with a string of hits, and new wave pioneers The Cure are also on the list, along with ‘90s alt-rockers Radiohead and The Zombies, who arrived in the British Invasion.

Manhasset’s LL Cool J, who was nominated for Rock Hall induction for a fifth time this year, did not make the final cut. Neither did Todd Rundgren, who finished third in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan Vote behind Def Leppard and Nicks, or singer-songwriter John Prine, currently enjoying a critically acclaimed comeback.

Artists are eligible 25 years after their first significant recording. Fifteen artists were nominated for induction this year and submitted to a group of more than 1,000 inductees and music industry experts, with the top seven vote-getters being chosen for induction.

The induction ceremony will take place on March 29 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Ticketing information will be released in January. HBO will air an edited version of the ceremony in the spring and SiriusXM Radio will broadcast the event.

Nicks joins the Rock Hall’s most elite group, as the 23rd artist who has been inducted more than once. Freeport native Lou Reed, as well as Michael Jackson and all four members of The Beatles are also in that group. Only Eric Clapton, inducted as part of The Yardbirds, Cream and as a solo artist, has been inducted three times.

“I just want you to know that we all do appreciate this,” Nicks said when Fleetwood Mac was inducted in 1998. “This is an incredible honor and we are all just as nervous as we were 25 years ago.”