The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SPIN - LB Calls Current Group a “Cover Band" (Stereogum article excerpts) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58417)

elle 12-11-2018 10:12 AM

SPIN - LB Calls Current Group a “Cover Band" (Stereogum article excerpts)

https://www.spin.com/2018/12/lindsey...nion-possible/

NEWS \
Lindsey Buckingham Is Down to Rejoin Fleetwood Mac, Calls Current Group a “Cover Band”
Tosten Burks // December 10, 2018

lindsey-buckingham
CREDIT: Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham sat down with Stereogum for an interview about his solo career that inevitably landed on the topic of his ongoing feud with Fleetwood Mac. Buckingham said he’s willing to return to the group, couching his offer in a series of digs at his former bandmates. “Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system,” he said. “If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure.”

Buckingham added, spicily, that his return would be in the group’s best interest, and compared Fleetwood Mac’s current tour lineup to a cover band. “Look, I mean it does make me question who these people are,” he said, “but again, to look at it compassionately, I think it’s all coming from a lack of perspective and to some degree a certain weakness on their parts. I can’t stop loving them because of that.”

That wasn’t Buckingham’s only snide remark. Hypothesizing why he hasn’t spoken for months with Mick Fleetwood or Stevie Nicks, he called Fleetwood “too weak-willed” and Nicks “so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.” Elsewhere, he described Fleetwood’s 2015 autobiography as “a real trashy thing” and said the drummer “doesn’t have a mechanism for self-editing.”

Buckingham recently settled his lawsuit with the band over his alleged firing earlier this year, as he revealed Saturday on CBS This Morning, but it’s clear the legal resolution hasn’t cleared the air. Buckingham’s solo tour wrapped last night in Pennsylvania. You can read Stereogum’s full interview here.

Nick 12-11-2018 11:15 AM

Sounds like he wants to be back in the band more than they actually want him back. I still would rather have a new album from the current lineup more than a tour with LB back.

DownOnRodeo 12-11-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1245604)
Sounds like he wants to be back in the band more than they actually want him back. I still would rather have a new album from the current lineup more than a tour with LB back.

And he would rather be doing his solo stuff anyway, but yes he'd like to see better closure for their legacy. But they're a drain on his resources--mental, musical, and time--so I'm glad he makes it clear that he doubts it's going to happen.

DownOnRodeo 12-11-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

A new album from the current lineup? Can't wait to hear all of those great new Stevie tunes she was holding out on the rest of Fleetwood Mac for the past fifteen years.

jbrownsjr 12-11-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245606)
A new album from the current lineup? Can't wait to hear all of those great new Stevie tunes she was holding out on the rest of Fleetwood Mac for the past fifteen years.

I Really Do Love Me
verse....

I love myself
I love myself
I love myself

Chorus
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
you will never forget me
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

verse 2...
I love myself more than last verse
I lover myself more than last verse
I love myself more than last verse
bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Repeat chorus

Written By Stevie Nicks Jimmy Iovine Rick Nowels Rod and Sandy Stewart Mike Campbell and Chrissy Hyde

Storms123 12-11-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

I don’t think this current iteration will do anything beyond the last 2019 tour dates. And I can’t imagine why Neil and Mike would want to stick around for more

Nick 12-11-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245606)

Haha. Not holding my breath, was just saying. I wouldn’t expect more than 3 or 4 new songs per songwriter anyway. In Stevie’s case she could pull from her old demos and we wouldn’t be shocked.

The Chain 12-11-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1245607)

Written By Stevie Nicks Jimmy Iovine Rick Nowels Rod and Sandy Stewart and Chrissy Hyde

:lol::lol::lol:

jbrownsjr 12-11-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 1245610)
:lol::lol::lol:

From the same 2 F and G major chords.

DownOnRodeo 12-11-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1245607)
I Really Do Love Me
verse....

Written By Stevie Nicks Jimmy Iovine Rick Nowels Rod and Sandy Stewart and Chrissy Hyde

All that matters is the running time.

Under five minutes?
Add another verse!

Still too short?
Repeat the entire song from start to finish!
#Lady

jbrownsjr 12-11-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1245613)
All that matters is the running time.

Under five minutes?
Add another verse!

Still too short?
Repeat the entire song from start to finish!
#Lady

Can you imagine Rod and Sandy Stewart together... :lol:

Buster 12-11-2018 11:54 AM

jbrown cracks me up.

I’m very glad to see Lindsey both speaking his mind and leaving the door open for giving the band the closure it needs and that fans deserve.

I am very cautiously optimistic.

jbrownsjr 12-11-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1245615)
jbrown cracks me up.

I’m very glad to see Lindsey both speaking his mind and leaving the door open for giving the band the closure it needs and that fans deserve.

I am very cautiously optimistic.

Thanks.. :wavey:

I don't think she will ever work with him again. I would love to see her go solo and the fearsome foursome do an album and small tour.

Buster 12-11-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1245616)
Thanks.. :wavey:

I don't think she will ever work with him again. I would love to see her go solo and the fearsome foursome do an album and small tour.

I selfishly need my own closure with the Rumours 5. However, I’d be just fine with the above. Stevie came alive with the 24 Karat tour and I’d love to see what another solo tour would bring. Perhaps she will get really bold and do entire Bella Donna or something like that. Or entire Street Angel :laugh:

FM77 12-11-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1245612)
From the same 2 F and G major chords.

She made millions upon millions with those 2 chords though....nice work, right?