The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dallas,Texas American Airlines Center June 4, 2013 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52158)

vivfox 06-05-2013 06:50 PM

Dallas,Texas American Airlines Center June 4, 2013

Sad Angel by deserage

Sister's of the Moon snippet by Laura Rios

Gypsy by Laura Rios

michelej1 06-05-2013 07:37 PM

Fleetwood Mac: Timeless music creates a rush of emotions that never get old

June 5, 2013 By Mario Tarradell / Music Critic [click for photo gallery]

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...-get-old.html/

I got caught in the “Landslide.”

No matter how many times I’ve heard that song, both on CD and in concert, it never fails to create a rush of emotions for me. That’s one of those songs that has greater meaning each time I hear it. Stevie Nicks never fails to make me reflect and reminisce.

So when she sang “Landslide” Tuesday night before a packed American Airlines Center, with Fleetwood Mac band mate Lindsey Buckingham on acoustic guitar, I got lost in memories. I felt my eyes watering. Then I smiled. That is the power of timeless music.

Fleetwood Mac is as familiar to me as an old T-shirt that I only wear around the house. I’ve been a fan since 1975. I’ve seen the band onstage at least three times, once with Christine McVie even, who sadly no longer tours. I could script Nicks’ shawl interchanges depending on the song she sang – a glittery gold one for “Gold Dust Woman,” the sparkling black one for “Rhiannon,” and either a red one or a black-and-gold one for “Stand Back.” I’ve seen Buckingham deliver his mesmerizing guitar and vocal performance during “Big Love,” the one that leaves him breathless.

It never gets old.

For more than two hours Nicks, Buckingham, drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie, and four extra touring musicians including a couple of female background vocalists delivered a well-rounded smattering of tunes from Fleetwood Mac albums harking back to 1975′s self-titled white album and culminating in a pair of cuts from the digital-only Extended Play released in late April. “Sad Angel” rocked hard, while “Without You,” a long lost track from the Buckingham Nicks days, had a sweet, homespun feel.

Tusk, the daring 1979 follow-up to 1977′s monster album Rumours, was well represented, more so than usual. The title cut started slow, ominous before it exploded in chugging drama. It was another showcase for Buckingham’s powder keg vocals and his astonishing electric guitar finger picking. Nicks performed “Sisters of the Moon,” which she told us hasn’t been done onstage since 1981. Buckingham relished every moment of “Not Too Funny” and Nicks graced us with a sublime rendition of “Sara.”

Nicks’ voice naturally isn’t what it used to be back in the ’70s glory days. Many songs, especially “Rhiannon” and “Dreams,” are now sung in lower register than originally written. But she has actually managed to keep her pipes strong during the last decade. I marveled at how clear and lovely her singing was during “Gypsy.”

These songs hold up. Buckingham’s stinging “Go Your Own Way” still shakes your insides. It’s an anthem with a soaring kiss-off chorus. Onstage, arriving just before two encores, it was madcap fun. The crowd, myself included, was on its feet singing at full blast. It’s easy to get caught up in the rush of timeless music.

elle 06-05-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1095141)
Tusk, the daring 1979 follow-up to 1977′s monster album Rumours, was well represented, more so than usual. The title cut started slow, ominous before it exploded in chugging drama. It was another showcase for Buckingham’s powder keg vocals and his astonishing electric guitar finger picking. Nicks performed “Sisters of the Moon,” which she told us hasn’t been done onstage since 1981. Buckingham relished every moment of “Not Too Funny” and Nicks graced us with a sublime rendition of “Sara.”

love that!! :thumbsup:

and you could never say that for his young vocals.

vivfox 06-05-2013 08:52 PM

Don't Stop by Jake K

michelej1 06-05-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1095145)

and you could never say that for his young vocals.

You could and I do. ;)

Michele

vivfox 06-06-2013 12:09 AM

Stand Back by eddie c

Stevie's opening speech & Dreams by eddie c

Second Hand News by tracyjoubert59

vivfox 06-06-2013 12:18 AM

Another adorable speech

Stevie's explanation to Dallas for the song Without You by J Christopher Olivas

WildHearted 06-06-2013 08:01 AM

"Mick always wants to remind me... or anyway he did until we had the big talk about this story being too long."

So here's a lesson for the FM boys: Don't try to shorten Stevie's stories - it only makes them longer.

Etisl 06-06-2013 01:36 PM

Fleetwood Mac - Dallas TX - 06/04/2013

Dreams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_teo34epo

Landslide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmwU84F_d14

Stand Back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0STdtFc_dBc

CADreaming 06-06-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1095209)
"Mick always wants to remind me... or anyway he did until we had the big talk about this story being too long."

So here's a lesson for the FM boys: Don't try to shorten Stevie's stories - it only makes them longer.

Shush!!! I want to see how long she can make it until Lindsey just walks over & takes her mic away. :laugh:

michelej1 06-06-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1095254)
Shush!!! I want to see how long she can make it until Lindsey just walks over & takes her mic away. :laugh:

Lindsey has extended it by his interjections.

But you know the only part of the story that I think she could stand to lose? The part about someone creeping into their place and taking the demo. Just say it was lost. They rediscovered it on Youtube and go from there.

Michele

WildHearted 06-06-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1095256)
Lindsey has extended it by his interjections.

But you know the only part of the story that I think she could stand to lose? The part about someone creeping into their place and taking the demo. Just say it was lost. They rediscovered it on Youtube and go from there.

Michele

I agree, especially it's entirely conjecture and doesn't further the story at all.

vivfox 06-12-2013 10:14 PM

Go Your Own Way by Kelli Plowman Warden

Sister's of the Moon (partial) & Sara (end is cut) by magic2me2

ragrsrocalot 06-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1095188)
Stevie's explanation to Dallas for the song Without You by J Christopher Olivas

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
@1:27 " Where are we? " :thumbsup:

vivfox 06-15-2013 10:57 AM

The Chain by Jake K

Gold Dust Woman by andyrauf (cute audience observations)

Silver Springs by eddie c