The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Soon the Europe tour starts and... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41701)

BellaDonna93 09-27-2009 09:05 AM

Soon the Europe tour starts and...

...how excited are you???? Will the setlist be the same as for the US tour???
I'm sooo excited 'cause I'm going to see them in Sweden in 2 weeks!!!
How about cameras to the show?? Can I take it with me or what do you think? I know I've asked this before but as I went to Copenhagen to see Tori Amos last Sunday and we were allowed to have the camera with us and they didn't even search after cameras, I'm doubting that it's the same for a Fleetwood Mac show???

So have a fun day at your Mac concert everyone! I'm sure I'll be having the best time of my life! :blob1: :wavey:

nailatixela 09-27-2009 09:18 AM

I'm excited just to see the reviews, pics, and videos again of them out on the road. Over in the US they don't search for cameras or anything. I mean the venues are so big, it would take forever to look in everyones bags. At my show I was able to snap away the whole night, if I wanted to. It all depends on security at that venue. In general though, we seem to be allowed to take pictures.

Have fun!

Musicman408 09-27-2009 09:21 AM

I really am excited to see the Mac back on the road. I've had a decent amount of time for my 3rd row US date with the Mac to settle in, and I'm rearing to hear new stories. I hope the setlist is slightly different, but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope they sound great and refreshed- ready to announce that they're planning on doing a new album!!!!!

wheart 09-27-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 (Post 844084)
How about cameras to the show?? Can I take it with me or what do you think? I know I've asked this before but as I went to Copenhagen to see Tori Amos last Sunday and we were allowed to have the camera with us and they didn't even search after cameras, I'm doubting that it's the same for a Fleetwood Mac show???

So have a fun day at your Mac concert everyone! I'm sure I'll be having the best time of my life! :blob1: :wavey:

Not sure about the camera question, as I never bother with taking a camera to shows. I'm excited that you're excited!! I hope they put on a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them on this tour. I think the setlist will not change at all, just because a different song might just throw the whole show out of whack! LOL

How was the Tori show? I saw her last month and it wasn't the greatest...I wasn't happy with the set list.

BellaDonna93 09-27-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 844096)
Not sure about the camera question, as I never bother with taking a camera to shows. I'm excited that you're excited!! I hope they put on a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them on this tour. I think the setlist will not change at all, just because a different song might just throw the whole show out of whack! LOL

How was the Tori show? I saw her last month and it wasn't the greatest...I wasn't happy with the set list.

The Tori show was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The venue, The Opera house, was the best and most beautiful ever!!! And the setlist rocked!!! She did like all my favs...sorta fairytale, winter, cornflake girl, jamaica inn, rapsberry swirl, big wheel, martha's foolish ginger, etc, etc...so yeah, it was amazing!!

Dodfather 09-27-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

I Cant Wait, I Can't Wait!! I have been a huge Mac fan for 10 years and this will be the first time I have seen them live! I missed out on Say You Will dates because I wasn't in the country, I was gutted! Of course I also haven't managed to see any solo dates, but you'll all have heard my rant about that before...

My digital camera is broken (sob!) so I won't be able to take any pics or vids because I won't be getting paid again until a few days before the gig and that will be going on accomodation etc in Glasgow. I can only speak as regards the SECC for those going when I say that I've been to may gigs there and there has never been a probolem with pics or anything, feel free to take loads so we can all see them on here!

Ah, the setlist... Well, as you all know from previous posts I'd love some changes but I really doubt whether they will or not. Then again, any set will be amazing for my FIRST EVER Mac gig!!

I'm getting unnaturally excited, and there are still a few weeks to go...

~GoldDustWoman~ 09-27-2009 12:12 PM

I know when I went to Cruefest 2 they said don't take cameras and my memory card got jacked by a security guard, he made me stand there and delete over 70 pictures, I was so pissed after that we didn't stick around long cause it ruined the show for us. I wanted the pictures for my mom (and a few online of course), cause she's a big Motley Crue fan, she gave me my middle name after Nikki Sixx she said she wanted to be able to call me Nikki, LOL! Oh well it was an awesome show, but then again i'm in the states. But i'd say be careful anyway.

SorcererJP 09-27-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Well, since most of our cellphones have sophisticated camera's on board, my experience is that a simple digital snapshot camera will be tolerated....

I'll try so when I will go to Antwerp for my 2n row experience and Rotterdam the day after....I can't wait, I can't waihait....

I doubt it if there will be some setlitchanges...of course it'll be a treat, but why chance something you had prior succes with?

Personally I hope they'll drop Storms (love the song, but the recordings I heard from US-shows were boring) for Sisters of the Moon...but that might be a utopic dream I guess...

vivfox 09-27-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorcererJP (Post 844144)
Personally I hope they'll drop Storms (love the song, but the recordings I heard from US-shows were boring)

The hilite of the night for most of us Americans.:woohoo:

GrahnNicks 09-27-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Just booked hotel and traintickets for Copenhagen!

What are your seat for Stockholm? I've got front row (rad 12, precis mitt i, dvs mittemellan Stevie och Lindsey).

Camera is ok, at least a small one.

SorcererJP 09-27-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 844158)
The hilite of the night for most of us Americans.:woohoo:

I understand, beause it was a song never been played live before. I will be thrilled too when they play it...but I heard a few recordings and somehow I think Lindsey's guitarplaying is so boring on this song...but I'll try to b no so biased next month and I'm sure I'll enjoy it :-)

mike_nh 09-27-2009 04:18 PM

I think the people will see the exact same ''scripted'' show. Stevie with her ''let's get this
party started'' comment before dreams. and lindsey with his ''we don't have a new album to
promote..yet..let's just go out and have fun'' speech. I love this band don't get me wrong
but with EVERY video i saw online and the 2 shows i went to it was the same thing.

It's sad to say but it does seem to me that this band has decided to tour on auto-pilot.
I could be wrong but it just seems something just isn't right with this tour. I'm not sure
if it's a question of money,ego, or them trying to convince themselves that this band
still has some power to it.
Or maybe they saw from the last tour that it's not the same band without christine and this
world tour they are on now is their way of saying goodbye withour admitting the fact that
the time has come and the chain has finally broken. Fleetwood Mac 1967-2009

A hell of a run...

wheart 09-27-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_nh (Post 844187)
I think the people will see the exact same ''scripted'' show. Stevie with her ''let's get this
party started'' comment before dreams. and lindsey with his ''we don't have a new album to
promote..yet..let's just go out and have fun'' speech. I love this band don't get me wrong
but with EVERY video i saw online and the 2 shows i went to it was the same thing.

It's sad to say but it does seem to me that this band has decided to tour on auto-pilot.
I could be wrong but it just seems something just isn't right with this tour. I'm not sure
if it's a question of money,ego, or them trying to convince themselves that this band
still has some power to it.
Or maybe they saw from the last tour that it's not the same band without christine and this
world tour they are on now is their way of saying goodbye withour admitting the fact that
the time has come and the chain has finally broken. Fleetwood Mac 1967-2009

A hell of a run...

Well, yeah. I'm sure there are many folks who will disagree with you but I'm not one of them.

daniellaaarisen 09-27-2009 06:26 PM

Interesting...

Those who saw Mac on SYW:

Was the tour as scripted in 2004? The same comments every night? I know the set list was probably pretty much the same but I'm curious as to whether or not the band was quite this redundant in all other ways.

Maybe they are just letting the "greatest hits" tour mentality get to them. Ugh.

fleetwoodtrick 09-27-2009 06:57 PM

Scripted or not, just seeing Fleetwood Mac was amazing enough. It might be hard, but I think we need to just get over the fact that a lot of the things have been the same on this tour. FM can do whatever they want. They're their own band. And I myself will love them no matter what. Not to offend anyone, but I sometimes think that some people on this board need to just get past talking about how 'redundant' FM has been on this tour. (You yourselves are begining to sound redundant!) Many people who attend their concerts aren't nearly as obsessed as we are and have no idea what to expect out of the Mac. Everyone I know in real life that I've talked to who went to the Milwaukee concert was blown away. Perhaps the only reason this tour seems scripted to us is that we watch too many Youtube videos and compare too many performances to each other? That's great and all, as I do it too, but sometimes it might just get taken too far.

Just saying. :shrug: