The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lincoln cut short. Mick very sick (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54859)

WelshWitchPMD 01-17-2015 10:50 PM

Lincoln cut short. Mick very sick

A friend was at tonight's show. Stevie came out after NGBA and said Mick was very sick and couldn't continue with the show. Mick's drum tech came out for GYOW and Christine did Songbird and that's it.
Hope Mick is feeling better soon.

mottabam 01-17-2015 10:59 PM

Hope he feels better soon.

WelshWitchPMD 01-17-2015 11:04 PM

I hope he's better too. The meet and greet was cancelled last night so he wasn't well last night either. They don't have a show until the 20th so hopefully he can rest and get better.

mottabam 01-17-2015 11:15 PM

^ I heard some reports he wasn't feeling well last night. At least they tried to keep the show going. It must have gotten worse for them to cut it short for sure. Most comments are positive on twitter wishing him the best. Of course there are a few rude remarks because the show was only 1 1/2 hours.

I'd be interested in seeing video of the stand in drummer for GYOW.

Best wishes Mick on a speedy recovery from the flu.

secondhandchain 01-17-2015 11:26 PM

How does that work? Do people get refunded? Will they make up the show?

Macfanforever 01-17-2015 11:33 PM

Oh my god. Get well Mick.

He's a trouper and try to work at the show.
There is something going around .

BlueDenimLamp 01-17-2015 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1158438)
^ I heard some reports he wasn't feeling well last night. At least they tried to keep the show going. It must have gotten worse for them to cut it short for sure. Most comments are positive on twitter wishing him the best. Of course there are a few rude remarks because the show was only 1 1/2 hours.

elle 01-17-2015 11:45 PM

http://m.omaha.com/go/music/fleetwoo....html?mode=jqm

Fleetwood Mac forced to end Lincoln show early

By Kevin Coffey / World-Herald staff writer | Posted 52 minutes ago

LINCOLN — Fleetwood Mac had to call its set early.

Drummer and founding member Mick Fleetwood came down with an unexplained illness, and the band played as much as it could before members called it a night.

"Mick is really sick. We don't know exactly what to do," Stevie Nicks said, adding that he suddenly became ill and was throwing up.

The band, set to play more than two hours, called off eight of its songs and finished the show with "Go Your Own Way" and "Songbird" almost an hour early.

"We will come back," Nicks said. You'll get one and a half full-on shows. We will come back. We're so sorry."

"It's really unfortunate," added Lindsey Buckingham. "We're really sorry, guys."

elle 01-17-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1158438)

yes. people on twitter say Mick canceled m&g yesterday in St Paul and was throwing up in a bucket occasionally during the show.

https://twitter.com/golddust27/statu...684609/photo/1

hopefully it's stomach flu and not something worse.

Moz 01-17-2015 11:51 PM

I was just poking around on Twitter to see what concert goers were saying. Someone who was at the concert tweeted a picture of an ambulance outside of the venue and said it was Mick's, and that it went racing away. :distress:

bombaysaffires 01-17-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 1158449)
I was just poking around on Twitter to see what concert goers were saying. Someone who was at the concert tweeted a picture of an ambulance outside of the venue and said it was Mick's, and that it went racing away. :distress:

well, at almost 68, and what with throwing up, I'm sure they were just concerned that he might be dehydrated… you lose a lot of fluids vomiting and I'm sure he sweats out a ton of fluid during a show.. .I'm betting that he was just taken to hospital and maybe put on an IV to get fluids back into him. Fingers crossed it's nothing worse, but I'm thinking (hoping) that's it.

bombaysaffires 01-18-2015 12:01 AM

so it sounds like he cancelled his M&G in St Paul Friday night but did the show.. was this the show he was barfing in a bucket throughout??

And then he attempted to do the Lincoln show Saturday and got a little more than halfway through before bowing out. No one mentioned at Lincoln M&G.. did he do that and start the show in Lincoln?? What a trouper indeed.

vivfox 01-18-2015 12:05 AM

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Mick. Get well soon.:angel:

dontlookdown 01-18-2015 12:09 AM

Very scary.
I hope he's on the mend soon.
Probably just a virus.

This reminds me of when U2 had to cancel a show at Red Rocks.
They honored the tickets for the next night.

I'm sure the band will come back another time on the tour.

Robyjoe 01-18-2015 12:40 AM

Plane departed Lincoln at 1045pm. I assume Mick is onboard. Not sure though. He looked really sick at hotel after St. Paul show. Get well soon Mick.