The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey's women (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=20497)

Nico 07-03-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Preach it Jen! You are really hot! :nod:

:xoxo: Thank you, gorgeous.

This thread is quite interesting. It went from being about the women Lindsey dated to becoming about Stevie's numerous illicit affairs with various men whom were affiliated one way or another with Lindsey, who could have been jealous of the fact that she was famous and he wasn't being recognized for his vast contributions to her fame, so he avoided her, partied with groupies and wallowed in misery, while Dennis Wilson banged his girlfriend. :eek:

Of course, I may have gotten that all mixed up because, to be honest, the whole thing is quite confusing. :shrug:

catinthedark 07-03-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
But apparently the fact that we're talking about famous musicians means we can lump them all under the same catergory of behaviour. I gather only rock stars get blow jobs, I know I've never heard of any regular young males wanting or receiving such things. Mick, John and Lindsey are famous rock stars, this gives me the knowledge to assume that each has 10 groupies in a cage to they use upon inspiration and that they have no individuality nor reason beyond this 'rock star' characteristic.

No, no one is lumping all rock stars together in one category. But we are talking about Mick and John and, yes, your beloved Lindsey. It seems not to be enough that Connie has both written about them, and spoken about them (on VH1), and related the stories of her getting them off on more than one occasion. You can believe what you want to believe; others are giong to believe what they want to believe. The reality is - it was the 70s, it was the rock and roll lifestyle, it was sex and drugs and rock and roll. Sorry to break it to you and everyone else, but rock and roll isn't and never was a chaste environment. Who cares??? It wasn't for Lindsey or Mick or John. It wasn't for Stevie or Christine. Again, I ask, who cares???

Wanna ask your parents what THEY were doing in the 60s and 70s? And I bet few of them were rock stars. Times have changed. And people grow up. Do I think Lindsey is screwing groupies today? No. But do I think he and the other guys got it off with groupies more than once while on the road? You bet your a$$. Same way Stevie and Christine got around. It was the era of free love. Sex with no strings - It was a different lifestyle than any one of us has ever experienced, thanks to AIDS. The coke thing was also a big part of it - and they have all owned up to that. What they did or did not do on the side... well, it's really only their business. Except if they chose to indulge with groupies, well, there was always the chance said groupies would tell...

None of them was innocent.

gldstwmn 07-03-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
On AOR radio stations in the late 1970s, you could not get away from "Life Is Good," Joe's biggest single.

His Maserati does 185!

I love that song. When I don't want to talk to anyone, the lyric "Just leave a message maybe I'll call" goes through my head and cracks me up.
Rocky Mountain Way, All Night Long and In The City were also big AOR staples. So was Walk Away.
I tried to look up chart positions and album sales for these but couldn't find them.

gldstwmn 07-03-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliP
um...yeah....excuse me while I go BARF!!

:lol: :sorry:

GateandGarden 07-03-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico
:xoxo: Thank you, gorgeous.

This thread is quite interesting. It went from being about the women Lindsey dated to becoming about Stevie's numerous illicit affairs with various men whom were affiliated one way or another with Lindsey, who could have been jealous of the fact that she was famous and he wasn't being recognized for his vast contributions to her fame, so he avoided her, partied with groupies and wallowed in misery, while Dennis Wilson banged his girlfriend. :eek:

Of course, I may have gotten that all mixed up because, to be honest, the whole thing is quite confusing. :shrug:

Hell, I'm confused, too. The one thing I do understand is Sharon's Tom Cruise sig. :nod: I know that it rocks. :laugh:

gldstwmn 07-03-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
I didn't comment on anything they may or may not have done, I don't know, I don't care either. Just commenting the tendency to fall back on the fact that they're rock stars as grounds for knowing what they get up to. That doctor you're seeing, he's having an affair with the nurse, I know this because he's a doctor, they all do it.

Apples and oranges.

strandinthewind 07-03-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Apples and oranges.

esp. when many have witnessed it :shrug:

dissention 07-03-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Hmm, I heard tabloid rumours of both Jack Nicholson

C'mon, Bill, put that sex tape on eBay for us!

dissention 07-03-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet
Now I heard about Bob Dylan too.

I heard he had a torrid affair with Bette Midler. Listening to their Buckets of Rain studio session, you can certainly tell something was going on.

dissention 07-03-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
Thanks David.

"Sweet Connie". Classy lady indeed.

Never trust a woman who lets you piss on her.

strandinthewind 07-03-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Never trust a woman who lets you piss on her.

maybe his mistook her for the toilet - seems an easy mistake :eek: :laugh:

dissention 07-03-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts
Lindsey has confessed to some jealousy and resentment post-breakup, but I can't recall him admitting being uncomfortable with her fame DURING their relationship.

Personally, I always thought he felt emasculated by her success during their relationship and that contributed to their breaking up.

dissention 07-03-2005 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
maybe his mistook her for the toilet - seems an easy mistake :eek: :laugh:

No ****. I'm curious to know which member of the band ate her out. I imagine whoever it was ran and stuck their face into fresh flowers immediately afterwards.

strandinthewind 07-03-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Personally, I always thought he felt emasculated by her success during their relationship and that contributed to their breaking up.

indeed - La Nicks has hinted as much by saying "no man" can deal with that :shrug:

strandinthewind 07-03-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

No ****. I'm curious to know which member of the band ate her out. I imagine whoever it was ran and stuck their face into fresh flowers immediately afterwards.

LMMFAO - I am soooooo envisioning a Stinking Corpse Lily