The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ziggo Arena (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54604)

sue 11-14-2014 10:16 AM

Ziggo Arena

Tickets in Europe are cheaper than London, Birmingham etc.....
So can anyone advise is The Ziggo Arena in Amsterdam easy to get to and what's the stadium like for concerts ? thanks.

Seasonsofmylife 11-14-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1153477)
Tickets in Europe are cheaper than London, Birmingham etc.....
So can anyone advise is The Ziggo Arena in Amsterdam easy to get to and what's the stadium like for concerts ? thanks.

It's located in the south east part of amsterdam and easy accessible by car, train or subway. It's my favourite large venue in Amsterdam for concerts, I think the sound is great. If you have more questions feel free to pm me :)

The dance 11-14-2014 10:38 AM

Schiphol Airport is 10 min max from the Ziggodome. Train stops at the venue. Sound is great. Ziggo Dome is open since 3 years and is a venue only for concerts...

sue 11-14-2014 11:13 AM

thanks guys.....Amsterdam will be booked and we can take in museums and galleries over 3-4 days.....excited already.

SorcererJP 11-14-2014 11:28 AM

The Ziggodome is especially designed and built for rock and pop concerts. Arena-styled and holds up to 18000 people I guess.

The sound is usually very good and most of the time the floor-tickets are general admission.

Too bad it's all the way in f..... Amsterdam. Before it was openend, most (if not all) of the large indoor-concerts were held in the Rotterdam Ahoy' Arena. Up to 15 minutes drive from where I live :-)

Gold Dust Woman 11-15-2014 05:54 PM

Looking at booking for the Amsterdam show and when it comes to selecting tickets I choose general admission but there's no info on which row I'd be in. Does anyone know what the deal is? I want a ticket so I'm down infront of the stage but I'd like to know which row I'd be in. Why doesn't booking for this arena provide that information? Thanks for any help.

elle 11-15-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Dust Woman (Post 1153696)
Looking at booking for the Amsterdam show and when it comes to selecting tickets I choose general admission but there's no info on which row I'd be in. Does anyone know what the deal is? I want a ticket so I'm down infront of the stage but I'd like to know which row I'd be in. Why doesn't booking for this arena provide that information? Thanks for any help.

it's general admission, standing room only for the floor tickets. you have to line up early in the day to be upfront.

elle 11-15-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorcererJP (Post 1153494)
The Ziggodome is especially designed and built for rock and pop concerts. Arena-styled and holds up to 18000 people I guess.

The sound is usually very good and most of the time the floor-tickets are general admission.

Too bad it's all the way in f..... Amsterdam. Before it was openend, most (if not all) of the large indoor-concerts were held in the Rotterdam Ahoy' Arena. Up to 15 minutes drive from where I live :-)

it's easily accessible by the public transportation though, both from Amsterdam, the airport, etc. it's a very convenient venue to get to, in my experience.

Gold Dust Woman 11-15-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1153697)
it's general admission, standing room only for the floor tickets. you have to line up early in the day to be upfront.

Figured. Thank you.