The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Peter live with Mayall 1967 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15417)

dansven 07-20-2004 05:02 PM

Peter live with Mayall 1967

Hi everybody,

I found this article here o the Penguin:

December 3, 1998: MOJO magazine, December 1998 -- "A priceless live tape of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers featuring Peter Green has been discovered by Mike Vernon. Details are sketchy, but the recording includes versions of Double Trouble, Hideaway, All Your Love and The Stumble. Expect it next year on Deram." Thanks to Julie Kedward for this information.

Has this been released???

"Next year" should have been in 1999! Have I really missed this one, or did it not happen? If it exists, it really is "priceless".

Daniel

sharksfan2000 07-20-2004 07:32 PM

Thanks for bringing this up, Daniel. I wan't even aware that this existed (if in fact it really does), and obviously I've never heard of it being released. Wonder why we haven't heard anything more about this tape?

(Maybe you should cross-post this to the Pre-Rumours forum too)

doodyhead 12-13-2006 11:15 AM

Was this ever released?

I have been spending time going through old threads and I have the "Hard Road" expanded edition. Did they ever rlease Peter Green doing Hideaway and All Yor Love?

inquiring mind wants to know!

sharksfan2000 12-13-2006 12:12 PM

I've never heard anything about this other than the mention in MOJO that Daniel spotted. It would be great to hear some live stuff from Mayall with Peter Green.

dansven 12-13-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodyhead (Post 613742)
I have been spending time going through old threads and I have the "Hard Road" expanded edition.

There are actually two different expanded "A Hard Road" CDs around now. One 2CD from 2003 that contains all tracks that Peter played with Mayall (except Yo-Yo Man). Then there is a CD from 2006 that contains some of the non-album tracks, plus "No More Tears", "Ridin' On The L&N", "Sitting In The Rain" and "Leaping Christine" from BBC 23rd January 1967. These have only been on bootlegs until now.

When it comes to live recordings, there is a 5CD box from 2006 called "Esseitially John Mayall", that contains "The Stumble" and Double Trouble" from 1967 (with Green and Fleetwood). These are on a disc that is labeled "previously unheard live and session tracks from his (Mayall's) personal archive". So I don't know if these tracks are live or alt. studio takes.

Does anybody have this CD box?

doodyhead 12-13-2006 02:59 PM

expanded again

I am going to have to check the CD box now. I bought this two years ago. I wonder if they have the new one on itunes?

wetcamelfood 12-26-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 613798)
there is a 5CD box from 2006 called "Esseitially John Mayall", that contains "The Stumble" and Double Trouble" from 1967 (with Green and Fleetwood). These are on a disc that is labeled "previously unheard live and session tracks from his (Mayall's) personal archive". So I don't know if these tracks are live or alt. studio takes.

I just got my copy of this box but there are no liner notes at all, inside the box is just the five cardboard slip cases the discs come in with virtuanlly nothing listed on them except the tracklistings. The tracks on that disc do have that live sound but more like the BBC recordings type live sound (though I've only had the chance to listen to the disc 1 or 2 times so far since I just got it. I'll come back here & elaborate on it if I think of anything else to say about it after further listens.

It does, in the most vague way, state that John McVie is on the Clapton era "Hideaway" & "Tears in my eyes" live tracks as well. Amazon actually has more info on the years these were recorded, the years recorded aren't even listed on the CD (just the last names of the personnel on the tracks)!

John

dansven 12-26-2006 06:44 PM

Thanks so much for the info, John! :woohoo:

kowk 04-11-2008 11:26 AM

two long fine tracks with Greeny

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 613798)

When it comes to live recordings, there is a 5CD box from 2006 called "Esseitially John Mayall", that contains "The Stumble" and Double Trouble" from 1967 (with Green and Fleetwood).

There are fine Greeny's guitar work on these tracks.
They are much longer than studio versions.
On Double Trouble Peter plays guitar solo (two minutes) which is missing on studio version.
The time of the tracks:
The Stumble - 7:04
Double Trouble - 6:54

The line up on both tracks - Mayall, Green, McVie, Fleetwood

Stay Green
Krzysztof

zoork_1 05-17-2008 01:11 PM

Bluesbreakers featuring P Green

You'll find some great pieces of live stuff (and info) at:

http://www.johntherevelator.nl/history/peter_green_

look for "Unique live recordings London 1967" and "continue »"

or:

http://www.johntherevelator.nl/disco...495f99f96260a3

/Z

dino 05-18-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoork_1 (Post 755976)
You'll find some great pieces of live stuff (and info) at:

http://www.johntherevelator.nl/history/peter_green_

look for "Unique live recordings London 1967" and "continue »"

or:

http://www.johntherevelator.nl/disco...495f99f96260a3

/Z

What a treasure trove!
Thanks for the tip!
I didn't see any details about the release, though?

sharksfan2000 05-18-2008 09:51 AM

Yes, thanks so much for the link to that website, zoork! It's hard to tell when anything will actually be released, but I suppose you can email the John the Revelator website for more info.

Derek Slade 05-18-2008 10:38 AM

Peter live with Mayall 1967

Thanks indeed for these links, zoork! The John the Revelator site certainly whizzed me back 40 odd years, as Tom Huissen (who recorded the Bluesbreaker tapes) was staying with me and my brother John at our parents' house when most of the tapes were recorded. I was at some of the gigs and John at all of them. It's slightly miffing, though, that almost all of the Mayall/Green photographs from that period on the site were taken by John, and he's not credited, as far as I can see. I must contact Tom and try to get that rectified -- and also find out if CDs of the performances are available.

zoork_1 05-18-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Slade (Post 756063)
Thanks indeed for these links...[...]

Got it from a nice chap, and thought it would be appreciated here... :-)

/z

Ms Moose 05-26-2008 12:13 PM

Heureka!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 756053)
What a treasure trove!
Thanks for the tip!
I didn't see any details about the release, though?

YES! A treasure trove it is! Thank you Zork 1. ! (And Tom for being there :xoxo:)

I almost fell of the chair with happiness at the sound of these recordings. :]

It seems that a lot of people have e-mailed the web site and asked how to get hold of the cd's but has gotten no answer.

Ms Moose