The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite Stevie background vocal on MAC albums.. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58125)

BLY 09-20-2018 10:35 PM

Favorite Stevie background vocal on MAC albums..

Fleetwood Mac- Blue Letter
Rumours- Second Hand News
Tusk-Honey Hi
Mirage- Love in Store
Tango in the Night-Everywhere
Say You Will- Miranda

DownOnRodeo 09-20-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1237236)

Someone mentioned in another thread that one of the FM-related memoirs claims that Stevie had some issues with the recording of Everywhere. Can someone tell me what they were?

Quote:

Say You Will- Miranda

Agreed.
But generally speaking I prefer all of Lindsey's post-Tango songs sans Stevie (including Peacekeeper)--with one big exception: "Say Goodbye." Particularly her harmonies on the live version (Lindsey's Soundstage, the SYW tour).

Also, Stevie always does such awesome, high harmonies on live versions of I'm So Afraid.

Maybe she should have been a backing vocalist...

Macfan4life 09-21-2018 03:45 AM

You are going to cause a fight because there was a fierce debate if its really Stevie's vocals on Everywhere. In Mick's first book he describes Stevie being outraged that she was not on the song and Christine threw it back in her face that she was never there but wanted her on the song. Stevie's voice appears to be layered into the song but others are not that convinced and its Lindsey doing his tricks.

Now my songs:
Love in Store
Honey Hi
Sugar Daddy I just love her ending "I'm not asking for loooooove"

You make loving fun - its faint but if you strip everything down you can hear Stevie with all the ooooos and ahhhhhh

DownOnRodeo 09-21-2018 04:43 AM

Tricksy Buckingham

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1237256)
You are going to cause a fight because there was a fierce debate if its really Stevie's vocals on Everywhere. In Mick's first book he describes Stevie being outraged that she was not on the song and Christine threw it back in her face that she was never there but wanted her on the song. Stevie's voice appears to be layered into the song but others are not that convinced and its Lindsey doing his tricks.

Thanks for explaining that.
I don't want to be unduly controversial on the Stevie forum, but when I'd seen that mention of Stevie on Everywhere I could not for the life of me think of where she appears on the song. And after reading your explanation, I listened to the 2017 remaster on headphones at high volume, and sure enough she is nowhere to be seen or heard (just in my opinion), so I guess this might have been a case where Mick was drawing on something that actually transpired.

Although clearly the OP believes that Stevie is on Everywhere, and for the purposes of this thread I'm cool with deferring to that interpretation.

JohnL 09-21-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Fleetwood Mac- Blue Letter
Rumours- Second Hand News
Tusk-Honey Hi
Mirage- Love in Store
Say You Will- Miranda

I absolutely love her vocals on Miranda. I dont like many Lindsey songs but that is one that I REALLY do.

StevieandChris 09-21-2018 04:14 PM

My favorite is the version of Over & Over on Fleetwood Mac Live.

StevieandChris 09-21-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1237257)
Thanks for explaining that.
I don't want to be unduly controversial on the Stevie forum, but when I'd seen that mention of Stevie on Everywhere I could not for the life of me think of where she appears on the song. And after reading your explanation, I listened to the 2017 remaster on headphones at high volume, and sure enough she is nowhere to be seen or heard (just in my opinion), so I guess this might have been a case where Mick was drawing on something that actually transpired.

Although clearly the OP believes that Stevie is on Everywhere, and for the purposes of this thread I'm cool with deferring to that interpretation.

Ha I have never thought she was on this song either, I cannot hear her!

jbrownsjr 09-21-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1237289)

That's my absolute favorite. The crescendo at the end makes the hair on my arm stand up. It's so good. :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 09-21-2018 04:20 PM

FM Crystal
Rumours Oh Daddy
Tusk Never Forget
Mirage Love In Store
Tango Everywhere
SYW Say Goodbye

Jondalar 09-21-2018 10:17 PM

Brown Eyes, Honey Hi

Macfan4life 09-22-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1237289)

Oh yes! I was not counting live performances but agree with you on this one.
Being that some of the live album was "touched" do you think these background vocals were enhanced? I have heard other versions during the Tusk tour and nothing compares to this one.
Even if it is touched, its still the best background vocal.

FuzzyPlum 09-22-2018 03:51 PM

On reflection, Stevie isn't audibly present on many of Chris or Lindsey's songs at all to my ear. On Christine's songs its mostly Lindsey and Christine herself singing harmony and on Lindsey's songs its mostly Lindsey. As mentioned, Crystal and Love in Store are stand outs. I can just about make her out on a handful of others- but not that many really.
Aside from Love In Store is she on any of the other writers' songs on Mirage? Aside form Little Lies is she on any of the other writers' songs on Tango?
I'm in the camp that can't really hear her on Everywhere despite numerous play over and over trying to make her voice out. Plenty of distorted Lindsey but nothing I can definitely hear as Stevie. The closest I can get is at 2.28/2.29 but even then I'm not convinced as if it were her voice I'm sure it would be more prominent.

BombaySapphire3 09-22-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1237457)
On reflection, Stevie isn't audibly present on many of Chris or Lindsey's songs at all to my ear. On Christine's songs its mostly Lindsey and Christine herself singing harmony and on Lindsey's songs its mostly Lindsey. As mentioned, Crystal and Love in Store are stand outs. I can just about make her out on a handful of others- but not that many really.
Aside from Love In Store is she on any of the other writers' songs on Mirage? Aside form Little Lies is she on any of the other writers' songs on Tango?
I'm in the camp that can't really hear her on Everywhere despite numerous play over and over trying to make her voice out. Plenty of distorted Lindsey but nothing I can definitely hear as Stevie. The closest I can get is at 2.28/2.29 but even then I'm not convinced as if it were her voice I'm sure it would be more prominent.

She is very audible on Second Hand News, Blue Letter ,Say You Love Me and Go Your Own Way ..on that song
there are sections where it is just her singing .I can't hear her on any Mirage songs other than the ones you mentioned on the studio outtake of Hold Me she is all over the song though. Same with Tango but we all know she wasn't there for that one.

Nick 09-22-2018 05:30 PM

You guys have mentioned some good ones, I would add:

"Save Me"
"Skies The Limit"

bwboy 09-22-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1237475)
You guys have mentioned some good ones, I would add:

"Save Me"
"Skies The Limit"

And As Long As You Follow...