The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Stevie’s behavior killed the Ledge? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58656)

Jondalar 04-11-2019 10:48 PM

Has Stevie’s behavior killed the Ledge?

People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.

mitzo 04-12-2019 05:45 AM

It is not Stevie, it is the quality of the posts here. The board has been really really ugly since the firing and many people have been trolled away. Plus who wants to log on and read the same sh!t over and over about how evil she is and how precious a victim Lindsey is? Every hour of every day for over a year?

lulu28 04-12-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1252014)
It is not Stevie, it is the quality of the posts here. The board has been really really ugly since the firing and many people have been trolled away. Plus who wants to log on and read the same sh!t over and over about how evil she is and how precious a victim Lindsey is? Every hour of every day for over a year?

Yep......:nod:

greendaze5 04-12-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Ditto! :nod:

twinmatrix 04-12-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1252011)
People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.

No, but the behavior of people on the Ledge has killed the Ledge.

BlueLight 04-12-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1252019)

Indeed. :distress:

BigAl84 04-12-2019 01:39 PM

Or here's a novel thought....there's nothing new left to discuss

It's always easy to pile on and put the blame on other factors.

Where's your initiative in starting up interesting threads of discussion?

Nicks Fan 04-12-2019 01:46 PM

Some of you seem to forget that Lindsey is a father, husband Uncle etc and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. How would you feel if someone slandered you and made baseless allegations about you and then on top of that the public comes after you as well with their own senseless attacks. I don't know anyone who has EVER said Lindsey was a saint. We are all aware of his past but as I have said before Stevie Nicks is not Mother Theresa herself and those that keep defending her like she is the victim need to stop. I am aware that people do complain allot about the firing etc but can you blame them? Every time you turn around the Band does another pathetic interview and attacks him again. People have a right to be angry and express themselves. The band hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking in a long time so what else is there to discuss if not the firing or the current stale set list. If you don't like the comments then move on. Why get all upset.

studyinscarlet 04-12-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1252011)

Nope. People are turned off by the bitterness of the Lindsey cult. I am. They're everywhere whining, moaning and attacking Stevie. It's boring as hell. Destroyed the legacy? Oh, criminy. Drama much? :lol:

studyinscarlet 04-12-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Amen. It's disgusting.

Netter75 04-12-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1252023)
Or here's a novel thought....there's nothing new left to discuss

It's always easy to pile on and put the blame on other factors.

Where's your initiative in starting up interesting threads of discussion?

I tried that a few weeks ago. I posted about Stevie's videos getting uploaded to Youtube and the reply i got was "I hope she trip. Ingrate."

That instance might be indicative why this isn't such a fun place to discuss this stuff sometimes :laugh:

mitzo 04-12-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1252024)
Some of you seem to forget that Lindsey is a father, husband Uncle etc and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. How would you feel if someone slandered you and made baseless allegations about you and then on top of that the public comes after you as well with their own senseless attacks. I don't know anyone who has EVER said Lindsey was a saint. We are all aware of his past but as I have said before Stevie Nicks is not Mother Theresa herself and those that keep defending her like she is the victim need to stop. I am aware that people do complain allot about the firing etc but can you blame them? Every time you turn around the Band does another pathetic interview and attacks him again. People have a right to be angry and express themselves. The band hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking in a long time so what else is there to discuss if not the firing or the current stale set list. If you don't like the comments then move on. Why get all upset.

What utter baloney, who is saying Stevie is a victim?!

And thanks for proving my point with your post.

mitzo 04-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1252027)
I tried that a few weeks ago. I posted about Stevie's videos getting uploaded to Youtube and the reply i got was "I hope she trip. Ingrate."

That instance might be indicative why this isn't such a fun place to discuss this stuff sometimes :laugh:

An excellent case in point. Anything anyone does gets sabotaged by a troll brigade.

markolas 04-13-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1252019)

Yes, and it started way before Lindsey got fired. The nasty misogyny of some Ledgies had me avoiding the Ledge for some time. With Lindsey’s firing, that ratcheted up 1000x and there is no room for any thoughtful discussion. You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.

markolas 04-13-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

If you don't like the comments then move on.
A lot of us have done precisely that. Don’t run everyone off and then bellyache about how no one comes to the Ledge anymore (which is exactly what the OP is doing).