The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Shimon Holly & Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=30105)

Mario 11-30-2006 10:41 AM

Shimon Holly & Peter Green

Hello from Italy.

Does anybody still got the picture of the sleeve of that session
Greeny did with jewish guitar player Shimon Holly?

I did remember the cd was sold on ebay, but now that picture isn't available
anymore.

I'm trying to make an historical setting for the session and I'm sure that picture will help me out.

Thanks,

Mario.:D

wetcamelfood 11-30-2006 11:41 AM

Hi Mario, Can you post further details on this CD? I wasn't aware Peter played on a Shimon Holly CD. Thanks in advance. :)

John

dino 11-30-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 606920)
Hello from Italy.

Does anybody still got the picture of the sleeve of that session
Greeny did with jewish guitar player Shimon Holly?

I did remember the cd was sold on ebay, but now that picture isn't available
anymore.

I'm trying to make an historical setting for the session and I'm sure that picture will help me out.

Thanks,

I have it, but it was to big to upload. I'll figure something out.
Does anyone actually know ANYTHING about this Holly figure?

Mario 11-30-2006 12:54 PM

Hello John,

it all started here at the Ledge, with an old thread called "an unknow session?"

The cd featuring the session with Greeny was sold together with a Shimon Holly LP on EBAY.

I did remember that a picture of the sleeve was available, but now I can't see it anymore.

Peter was holding a Gibson Les Paul (maybe the same one Mick Fleetwood gave him in 1978 in L.A.) and Peter's playing just reminds me to "In The Skies" and jam n.2 (a slow blues maybe based on Love That Burns) sound a little bit as the track "A Fool No More" from the "In The Skies" album.

So my personal historical setting is 1977/1978, that photo should help me a lot.

Mario.

Mario 11-30-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 606981)
I have it, but it was to big to upload. I'll figure something out.
Does anyone actually know ANYTHING about this Holly figure?

Dino, if you have it, then please send it at m.pirrus@mclink.it

Thanks,

Mario.

dansven 11-30-2006 03:50 PM

Hi folks!

I bought that recording from that same ebay seller from Israel. It was a CDr and the cover was the one that appeared on ebay with two different photos of Peter (not top quality). As I said, this was a CDr, but I think that it may have been released officially as a single in Israel... or as a domestic, semi-official sort of thing.. :shrug:

There is not much info at all on Shimon Holly, and of course neither of the session itself.

Daniel

wetcamelfood 12-01-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 607118)
I think that it may have been released officially as a single in Israel... or as a domestic, semi-official sort of thing.. :shrug:
There is not much info at all on Shimon Holly, and of course neither of the session itself.

Daniel

Thanks Daniel (& Mario), so do you know what the titles on this single were/would have been? I guess llike Mario says "Jam N.2" would be the name of one but do you know what the title was on the flip side?

It'd just make it a lot easier if I have titles so I can research it etc.

Thanks for any further info you can provide on this in advance. :)

John

Mario 12-01-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 607579)
Thanks Daniel (& Mario), so do you know what the titles on this single were/would have been? I guess llike Mario says "Jam N.2" would be the name of one but do you know what the title was on the flip side?

It'd just make it a lot easier if I have titles so I can research it etc.

Thanks for any further info you can provide on this in advance. :)

John

It's only 15 minutes in all , two tracks simply named "Jam 1" and "Jam 2"

dansven 12-01-2006 12:02 PM

I assume that I am the source to this recording among the traders at the Ledge... (Or maybe somebody else got it from "outside" too:shrug: )
That means that I also have to take responsibility for any error...

See, the thing is there is some Hebrew writing on the cover art, but I have no idea what it means. It could very well be the titles of the two tracks, but I don't know anybody who reads Hebrew. So because both songs are standard 12 bar blues (one uptempo and one slow), I simply titled them "Blues Jam 1" and "Blues Jam 2" myself.

Perhaps anybody at the Ledge understand Hebrew?:shrug:

sharksfan2000 12-01-2006 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Daniel, your names for the two tracks sound as good as anything else! :D I suspect the Hebrew on the cover art just says "Peter Green / Shimon Holly". I've attached reduced-size jpg files of the artwork.

dansven 12-01-2006 12:55 PM

Thanks for that, sharksfan2000 :)
And yes, I guess you're right about the Hebrew writing...

maryellen healy 12-01-2006 03:31 PM

The Holly and The Green

For any number of reasons, Mr green's life and adventures are entertaining.

kowk 12-02-2006 11:23 AM

Peter Green Sessionography by Mario Pirrone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 606920)

Thanks,

Hello from Poland,

I have this Sessionography printed out from not existing site www.petergreen.net It is a great treasure for Greeny fans. It ends in 2000. Thanks Mario for your great work :))) I think you are now working on the complete sessionography :)) It would be fantastic to help you by tracing Greeny's activities and giving information on Ledge forum. Apart from my earlier info of unknown recordings I'd like to show an interesting link with details about PGFM sessions and live shows http://www.chromeoxide.com/green.htm Maybe it would be usful? But I'm almost sure you know this site :))) But maybe others don't know.

Regards
Krzysztof

dino 12-02-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 (Post 607635)
Daniel, your names for the two tracks sound as good as anything else! :D I suspect the Hebrew on the cover art just says "Peter Green / Shimon Holly". I've attached reduced-size jpg files of the artwork.

That second photo of Peter on the back cover
looks like it was taken in the late 80's.
Perhaps he went to Israel in the "In the skies" era?
He apparenly did go to Israel at least once in the 70s.

wetcamelfood 12-02-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 608486)
That second photo of Peter on the back cover
looks like it was taken in the late 80's.
Perhaps he went to Israel in the "In the skies" era?
He apparenly did go to Israel at least once in the 70s.

When I searched at Google there was a Hebrew site which said this, don't know if it helps or not:

"Israeli Sessions - Peter Green/Shimon Holly".
According to the information I received these jams took
place in the summer of 1983 or 1984. The sessions feature
Shimon Holly (guitar) and Fregel (drums"

I don't know who "I" is & I don't know how to translate Hebrew but since you were talking time lines, I thought it might help (even if it might not be credible). :)

John