The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BBC Radio 2 Record of the Week - In My World (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57079)

James89 04-16-2017 10:39 AM

BBC Radio 2 Record of the Week - In My World

I've already mentioned it but In My World is on the BBC Radio 2 A Playlist which means it'll be played a lot over the next week and however long it remains on the playlist.

More importantly though it's the Record of the Week so it'll be played more than any other song on the station. Great news!

sue 04-16-2017 10:54 AM

Can't wait for good old Ken to play it tomorrow...

James89 04-16-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207084)
Can't wait for good old Ken to play it tomorrow...

Fearne Cotton played it on his show on Friday. It was the first play. Ken is back tomorrow though.

jbrownsjr 04-16-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James89 (Post 1207100)
Fearne Cotton played it on his show on Friday. It was the first play. Ken is back tomorrow though.

I love Ken. I remembered when he played You Are. And he made great comments about Christine and the song.

ViscountViktor 04-17-2017 07:27 AM

Did Ken play it today?

sue 04-17-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1207222)
Did Ken play it today?

He did, and I missed it.
He played it about 9:45.
Maybe James heard it and can give us Ken's thoughts.

James89 04-17-2017 09:35 AM

He just said that it was new and it's their record of the week. That was it.

sue 04-17-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James89 (Post 1207236)
He just said that it was new and it's their record of the week. That was it.

Mmmm bit low key, even for Ken.
Maybe he's suffering from school holiday sickness.

lilyfee 04-17-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207245)
Mmmm bit low key, even for Ken.
Maybe he's suffering from school holiday sickness.

Or not impressed?

FuzzyPlum 04-18-2017 03:17 PM

I don't normally listen to Radio 2 but I did on my way to/from work today in the off-chance it might get a play- no luck.
This might sound like a stupid question, but I was wondering what the song sounded like on the radio. When I play it through my computer it sounds 'tinny' (or this might be 'thin' as some people describe it). I was wondering what it sounds like on the radio- I mean, how does it sound within the context of other songs? Does it sound tinny and lightweight or does it sound okay? I was wondering whether it had been produced in a certain way to be radio-friendly.
Have many people heard it on the radio?

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207408)
I don't normally listen to Radio 2 but I did on my way to/from work today in the off-chance it might get a play- no luck.
This might sound like a stupid question, but I was wondering what the song sounded like on the radio. When I play it through my computer it sounds 'tinny' (or this might be 'thin' as some people describe it). I was wondering what it sounds like on the radio- I mean, how does it sound within the context of other songs? Does it sound tinny and lightweight or does it sound okay? I was wondering whether it had been produced in a certain way to be radio-friendly.
Have many people heard it on the radio?

I can't offer radio. But, I can offer the mix in my car. And I paid a lot of money to have a wonderful sound system.

I can hear John thumping so hard, and Mick, too. Gives it so much more depth.

I wish I could hear it over the airwaves.

FuzzyPlum 04-18-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207412)
I can't offer radio. But, I can offer the mix in my car. And I paid a lot of money to have a wonderful sound system.

I can hear John thumping so hard, and Mick, too. Gives it so much more depth.

I wish I could hear it over the airwaves.

There's just something different about hearing a song on the radio- even digital radio. I was just wondering what the song sounds like within the context of other songs when you aren't expecting it. In a way, I think In My World has a bit of a sound of its own- I can imagine it standing out on the radio but I'm not sure whether in a good way or bad.

MoonSister75 04-18-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207413)
There's just something different about hearing a song on the radio- even digital radio. I was just wondering what the song sounds like within the context of other songs when you aren't expecting it. In a way, I think In My World has a bit of a sound of its own- I can imagine it standing out on the radio but I'm not sure whether in a good way or bad.

I haven't heard it on live radio yet, but if you go to the Radio 2 playlist http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist they hav​e snippets of all the other songs they'll be playing this week, with BuckVie at the very bottom of the list as record of the week (it's at the top as well but for some reason won't play). For a comparison I listened to a selection of songs with IMW in the middle to see how it sounded - it does stand out with a definite sound of its own, but I couldn't decide if that was in a good way, and how general listeners would react to it.

sue 04-18-2017 04:46 PM

I did here it on the radio, this morning.
It was quite a thrill to hear it and thought it sounded pretty good.
My husband who is not a big fan was singing it, later in the day!!

I thought Lindsey's voice sounded quite eerie at the the beginning of the track,
And then the chorus really hits you on the radio.

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207420)
I did here it on the radio, this morning.
It was quite a thrill to hear it and thought it sounded pretty good.
My husband who is not a big fan was singing it, later in the day!!

I thought Lindsey's voice sounded quite eerie at the the beginning of the track,
And then the chorus really hits you on the radio.

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear it made the radio!