The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

MissLadyLoki 07-12-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 899933)
I don't what the f*** you're talking about :laugh:

It's a quote from when she won the Oscar or something. I was just playing around :laugh:

vivfox 07-12-2010 12:21 PM

Well you can get her but you can't keep her. And you can't catch her fall. She will call you when she needs you. You know where she lives. The Imperial Hotel...

chiliD 07-12-2010 03:35 PM

JITS:

It was 36 years ago that I saw Eric Clapton in concert for the first time ever. 10th row center, Long Beach Arena. The band "Ross" opened.

Eric's Set (to the best of my recollection):

Smile
Easy Now
Give Me Strength
Please Be With Me
Can't Find My Way Home
(Yvonne Elliman lead vocal)
Driftin' Blues
Let It Grow
I Shot The Sheriff
Layla
(with drum solo instead of piano coda)
Little Wing
Badge
Willie & The Hand Jive/Get Ready
Presence Of The Lord
Steady Rollin' Man/Crossroads
Mainline Florida
Blues Power
Have You Ever Loved A Woman?
Ramblin' On My Mind
Tell The Truth
Let It Rain

(encore #1)
Little Queenie

(encore #2)
Key To Love (with John Mayall)

He played the entire 461 Ocean Blvd album EXCEPT the first song on each side...which I thought was odd, since those were the songs that sounded like they'd be BEST played live. (He DID play "I Can't Hold Out" at other shows on the '74 tour and "Motherless Children" was played extensively on his 1985 tour....and during various tours in the past 5-10 years)

Sleepless-Child 07-12-2010 03:42 PM

I got some questions unanswered in my mind, and this is one of them :

Was Jim Morrison a crazy genius or a crazy asshole ?

(just back from watching "When you're strange", and the movie wasn't able to give me a proper answer, though i enjoyed it).

JTIS.

SapphireSister 07-12-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 899978)

(just back from watching "When you're strange", and the movie wasn't able to give me a proper answer, though i enjoyed it).

JTIS.

Crazy genius IMO. The drugs also helped (or didn't).

chiliD 07-12-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

IWas Jim Morrison a crazy genius or a crazy asshole ?

One is not necessarily mutually exclusive from the other. He could've been a "crazy genius asshole" or a "crazy asshole genius". :shrug:

Sleepless-Child 07-12-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 899992)
One is not necessarily mutually exclusive from the other. He could've been a "crazy genius asshole" or a "crazy asshole genius". :shrug:

Indeed, i finally figured out it was the only right answer. Still, fascinating guy...or asshole...or genius :).

Enchanted_Stevi 07-12-2010 09:34 PM

JTIS ...

That Ashley has NEVER made Jell-o before!! Yea! I'm as shocked as you are!! She came over my house this morning and I was looking through the cabinets for food and stuff and found jello and she insisted that we make some since she never did lol

Zombie 07-12-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 900041)
JTIS ...

That Ashley has NEVER made Jell-o before!! Yea! I'm as shocked as you are!! She came over my house this morning and I was looking through the cabinets for food and stuff and found jello and she insisted that we make some since she never did lol

I don't like Jello. I don't trust the way it moves.

Enchanted_Stevi 07-13-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie (Post 900060)

LOOOVE JELLO!.....and jello shots lol

vivfox 07-13-2010 11:24 AM

30 years ago today Fleetwood Mac performed one of my top 3 Live Rhiannon's of all time, in Rotterdam, Holland.

Sahara 07-13-2010 11:48 AM

JTIS that one of my arms is colder than the other and I have no idea why.
Isn't that weird??

ButterCookie 07-13-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara (Post 900118)
JTIS that one of my arms is colder than the other and I have no idea why.
Isn't that weird??

That is pretty weird!
My feet are the same right now. One's like ice.

vivfox 07-13-2010 12:56 PM

Even though we have never spoken to each other over the phone, last night I had a dream that Miranda called me. You know how you always try to picture what someone sounds like? Well she sounds exactly like I pictured she would.

Oh no, wait a minute. As I was typing this I remembered she has posted videos before and that's where my brain registered the sound of her voice.

It must be the heat.

vivfox 07-13-2010 03:50 PM

I was just emtying the trash when I saw a CD case in there titled The Best of the 70's. This was a homemade CD. The second song was written as such: Riannan

Zombie 07-13-2010 04:35 PM

Commencing to Whining Because omgwtfdgjskdglsdgbbq

I am usually a pretty calm and rational person. I am not prone to teh dramaz no matter how bad things get, because teh dramaz tends to be counterproductive. I am also not prone to complaining or whining, because that also tends to be counterproductive. But today? OH TODAY. I just narrowly avoided a complete nervous breakdown over my stupid glasses, so JTIS that I am now officially calling a moratorium on the year 2010. Regularly scheduled calendar activities will resume promptly on January 1, 2011.

It has been one stupid/horrible thing after another this year so far - Mom died! Favorite uncle died! Surprise move to Saint Louis! Stupid new house in STL cost WAY more than originally estimated to fix up to make habitable, leaving me stupid broke! Emergency dental surgery that cost enough that I was briefly concerned I might have to sell one or more of the children on the black market! Stove/oven STILL not fixed & apparently won't get fixed any time in the next century but I can't afford to just replace it myself! Lost 2 of my biggest & steadiest contracts! And just don't EVEN get me started on boys!

Then today, my glasses broke out of nowhere, so I can't see more than about 2 feet in front of my damn face. And apparently THIS is my snapping point? I don't know whether I should laugh at this or what - I will try it out later, in the bathroom, where the kids can't hear me just in case it comes out sounding...unhinged...and find out. I mean, it's funny that all of that other **** is so much worse than a pair of busted glasses but I can take all of that mostly in stride without batting an eye, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

Argh.

SapphireSister 07-13-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie (Post 900144)
I am usually a pretty calm and rational person. I am not prone to teh dramaz no matter how bad things get, because teh dramaz tends to be counterproductive. I am also not prone to complaining or whining, because that also tends to be counterproductive. But today? OH TODAY. I just narrowly avoided a complete nervous breakdown over my stupid glasses, so JTIS that I am now officially calling a moratorium on the year 2010. Regularly scheduled calendar activities will resume promptly on January 1, 2011.

It has been one stupid/horrible thing after another this year so far - Mom died! Favorite uncle died! Surprise move to Saint Louis! Stupid new house in STL cost WAY more than originally estimated to fix up to make habitable, leaving me stupid broke! Emergency dental surgery that cost enough that I was briefly concerned I might have to sell one or more of the children on the black market! Stove/oven STILL not fixed & apparently won't get fixed any time in the next century but I can't afford to just replace it myself! Lost 2 of my biggest & steadiest contracts! And just don't EVEN get me started on boys!

Then today, my glasses broke out of nowhere, so I can't see more than about 2 feet in front of my damn face. And apparently THIS is my snapping point? I don't know whether I should laugh at this or what - I will try it out later, in the bathroom, where the kids can't hear me just in case it comes out sounding...unhinged...and find out. I mean, it's funny that all of that other **** is so much worse than a pair of busted glasses but I can take all of that mostly in stride without batting an eye, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

Argh.

I am so sorry you are having a troubled year but....the first thing that came to mind was the year's only 6 and a half months over meaning it could still turn out to be an o.k. year from here on out. Trying to think positive here for ya.

Tango 07-13-2010 04:57 PM

Mel Gibson.

I cannot justify Mel Gibson's behavior--hitting someone is obviously wrong, illegal & immoral. I believe bad language is often the exposed tip of the ice berg of seething anger. Yet I don't believe Mel Gibson hates women, blacks, Jews, gays, etc. Did you see him with Danny Glover, Helen Hunt, Jody Foster, Julia Roberts and many others? He is a professional actor. Still, I don't really believe it. Or don't want to believe it. Even after hearing the tapes. I hear an angry, out of control drunk. Is that illegal?

Whoopi Goldberg says he's not a racist--but says he IS a bonehead. How well does she know him? What does she gain by defending him? Perhaps she's just being the "devil's advocate." I don't think the tapes are necessarily proof that Mel is a racist, misogynistic, homophobic antisemite. Sure, I have seen his work and interactions with others on talk shows, but that's just "on camera" and on his terms. On the other hand, Whoopi has had Mel in her house. Not too many others are defending him, and not too many defended OJ Simpson. Why do I bring up OJ here? I guess in my mind it's a fairly well known domestic violence case that ended in horror. Perhaps I am being unfair: Gibson is not involved in a murder case. Whatever his issues are, Gibson seems to be a collison course that could lead to tragic consequences beyond just the loss of Hollywood money--a commodity he no longer needs, anyhow. The girlfriend needs cash--she has a child to raise. Is she provoking him? Does he know how to walk away?

Hearing the tapes I thought back to hearing the OJ Simpson/Nicole Brown audio tapes--ones we all heard after Brown's murder. So many were shocked at the man they cheered for from the stands. In the same light, I appreciate the actor playing in Lethal Weapon (s), [The] Mad Max [series], Signs, Maverick, The Man Without A Face, The Patriot, What Women Want, Braveheart and Ransom. With OJ, no one wanted to believe the monster existed. What we are seeing from Mel is likewise creepy.

I have my suspicions. I didn't understand the Mel Gibson behind "The Passion Of Christ." I didn't watch it. I won't watch it. I don't want to meet the person behind the voice on the angry tapes either. Sure, I believe he was "set up,"--the girlfriend's voice was clearer, in control--absolutely serene--and obviously aware, as she was doing the taping. Yet I believe we heard the reality of what his girlfriend has been living. I believe he was used by her, and I think he was an idiot to let this happen. I believe the constant fawning of people on celebrities damage them and give them some crazy sense of entitlement that is not real. I believe drugs and alcohol cause senseless damage and violent behavior, but people can change.

I'm less sure about Lindsay Lohan. Jail certainly won't "rehab" her, but maybe it will work as a "time out."

What will help Mel Gibson? I don't know.

Does it really matter in the "big picture?" Not really. But it's being played out on the "news" as if it does matter. Actors can always be replaced in the limelight. Domestic violence abounds--that matters. But somehow with some celebrities, we are drawn in to it like a moth to a flame.

More importantly--
What will happen in Haiti. What will happen to so many others in the world who are starving and suffering. And will BP finally cap the leaking oil pipe in the Gulf Coast, destroying the ecosystem, wild life and the income of millions?

Just thought I'd share.

Enchanted_Stevi 07-13-2010 10:14 PM

JTIS that I saw Toy Story 3 today...made me cry lol

jaycee 07-13-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Argh.

My goodness! :distress: That's one of the worst runs of bad luck I've heard in ages! Let alone that it all happened to you - the pleasant, enjoyable, kind person you are! :( I'd fly over to your house now and give you a hug if I had the money...
(If you need help though, you could always tell your kids you're now officially blind, and task them to do all the work around and about for you... ;))

jaycee 07-13-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

JTIS.

Neither - he was a pure awesome crazy genius! :nod: You should listen to the album An American Prayer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_American_Prayer)... very insightful! :D (And I simply love this song/poem - http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/doors/t..._10088627.html.)

ButterCookie 07-14-2010 05:23 AM

My new bby has arrived... now I just need the friggen tuner to arrive :mad:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...eqiho1_250.jpg

Sahara 07-14-2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Argh.

Argh indeed. :(
What a horrid run of bad luck. I really hope things pick up for you soon -- you're too awesome for life to treat you like that! *hugs*

Zombie 07-14-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapphireSister (Post 900145)
I am so sorry you are having a troubled year but....the first thing that came to mind was the year's only 6 and a half months over meaning it could still turn out to be an o.k. year from here on out. Trying to think positive here for ya.

Haha - thank you. Someone's gotta think positive for me, because my inner monologue closely resembles the Bataan Death March on a GOOD day. You don't even wanna know what's going on in there right now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycee (Post 900199)
My goodness! :distress: That's one of the worst runs of bad luck I've heard in ages! Let alone that it all happened to you - the pleasant, enjoyable, kind person you are! :( I'd fly over to your house now and give you a hug if I had the money...
(If you need help though, you could always tell your kids you're now officially blind, and task them to do all the work around and about for you... ;))

It's almost like the universe is out to get me. But you are right about the kids helping - my son actually almost-voluntarily did the dishes yesterday when I informed him that if he didn't and I had to do them, I can't be held responsible for any petrified bits of Fruity Pebbles stuck to any bowls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara (Post 900211)
Argh indeed. :(
What a horrid run of bad luck. I really hope things pick up for you soon -- you're too awesome for life to treat you like that! *hugs*

Maybe you can write life a letter of protest? *hugs* Thank you.

LikeAWillow 07-14-2010 10:30 PM

Just thought I'd share some things to make Zombie happy...

“We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly.” - Margaret Atwood

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~l...hild(1875).jpg

“I've never been to New Zealand before. But one of my role models, Xena, the warrior princess, comes from there.” - Madeleine Albright

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

:xoxo:

gypsy4life 07-14-2010 10:34 PM

JTIS I don't want to be single forever!! Is there a solitary good man left?
I need one who is caring, compassionte, with a good work ethic, loves music (will put up with my Fleetwood mac/Stevie obsession), and genrally having fun.

I'm sorry to vent, I just get tired of being alone sometimes.

nailatixela 07-14-2010 10:52 PM

JTIS that I can literally not type or write the name "Steve" without making it Stevie. It just happens.

vivfox 07-14-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsy4life (Post 900311)
I need one who is caring, compassionte, with a good work ethic, loves music (will put up with my Fleetwood mac/Stevie obsession), and genrally having fun.

Are you a man? If yes, then I'm your man!

iamnotafraid 07-15-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 900209)
My new bby has arrived... now I just need the friggen tuner to arrive :mad:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...eqiho1_250.jpg

One day you and I will jam together.
Who knows, we might be bigger than
the Mac.

Sahara 07-15-2010 07:31 AM

JTIS -- I have a summer job in a church office, and today I recorded the baptism of a little girl born on Stevie's birthday! :)

Zombie 07-15-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 900310)
Just thought I'd share some things to make Zombie happy...

:xoxo: I heart you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsy4life (Post 900311)

Nope!

;)

Okay, no, I am sure there is one. Somewhere. If you find him, see if he's got a brother (preferably not one in prison) or a clone (preferably not one shaped like a sheep).

nailatixela 07-15-2010 06:32 PM

JTIS that I was watching my favorite old movie ever, Sorry, Wrong Number and had an idea. Wouldn't it be great and funny if this movie had Lady GaGa's Telephone playing in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7YoLFIO2I

A classic movie...now told through the eyes of Lady GaGa. Obviously, I wanted to match the scenes with what was happening in the song, but still keep the plot line of the movie somewhat intact.

ButterCookie 07-15-2010 07:14 PM

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...eqiho1_500.jpg

Zombie 07-15-2010 07:21 PM

^^^^^

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...ego/tyrone.jpg

ButterCookie 07-15-2010 07:56 PM

Son.

Ya done goofed.

:lol::lol::lol: This is going to take a long time to get old.

gypsy4life 07-15-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 900322)
Are you a man? If yes, then I'm your man!

Sorry, I'm a woman..Lisa is my real name..thanks anyway though!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie (Post 900394)
Nope!

;)

Okay, no, I am sure there is one. Somewhere. If you find him, see if he's got a brother (preferably not one in prison) or a clone (preferably not one shaped like a sheep).

LOL!! I can totally relate to this!! It seems like every man showing interest in me right now, is over 65..I'm only 31. I'm just sayin' if you fought in Vietnam, you're too old for me man!!

Enchanted_Stevi 07-15-2010 10:28 PM

Going to Boston tomorrow =) With Ashley, Katie, and Sarah...SOOO EXCITED

JTIS

APerfectLie 07-15-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailatixela (Post 900413)
JTIS that I was watching my favorite old movie ever, Sorry, Wrong Number and had an idea. Wouldn't it be great and funny if this movie had Lady GaGa's Telephone playing in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7YoLFIO2I

A classic movie...now told through the eyes of Lady GaGa. Obviously, I wanted to match the scenes with what was happening in the song, but still keep the plot line of the movie somewhat intact.

OMG. I thought I was the only person under the age of 40 who loves Sorry Wrong Number.

nailatixela 07-15-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 900450)
OMG. I thought I was the only person under the age of 40 who loves Sorry Wrong Number.

Yay! We actually read it back in 7th grade in the public schools here. It's a great film though.

iamnotafraid 07-16-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsy4life (Post 900445)
..Lisa is my real name..

Lisa's are a lot of trouble. I know!!!