The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Go Your Own Way: Fleetwood Mac 'looks forward' to court date (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58216)

ali101 10-15-2018 08:49 AM

Go Your Own Way: Fleetwood Mac 'looks forward' to court date

https://news.sky.com/story/go-your-o...-sues-11526474

Fleetwood Mac has said it "looks forward" to its day in court after being sued by a disgruntled band member.

Guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him.

The tour began earlier this month and Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Buckingham says he is seeking his share of tour income - at least $12m (£9.1m) - because he still wants to perform and is able to.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster said in a statement: "Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court".

Jondalar 10-15-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali101 (Post 1240852)
https://news.sky.com/story/go-your-o...-sues-11526474

Fleetwood Mac has said it "looks forward" to its day in court after being sued by a disgruntled band member.

Guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him.

The tour began earlier this month and Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Buckingham says he is seeking his share of tour income - at least $12m (£9.1m) - because he still wants to perform and is able to.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster said in a statement: "Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court".

It doesn’t matter. The band is forever ruined.

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 09:15 AM

Damn your love and damn your lies!!

What a cruel twist to their legacy.

HomerMcvie 10-15-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1240853)
It doesn’t matter. The band is forever ruined.

Yep. Ruined. Old Goat Breath tantrumed them to death.

ali101 10-15-2018 09:16 AM

I agree. It’s a sad end for the Rumours five as the dynamite finally detonated and what remains is truly a “heartless challenge “. A hugely sorry epitaph to a greatly talented band.

sue 10-15-2018 09:40 AM

The Fleetwood Mac version that most of us love, finally implodes...

What an ending for the Rumours five.
How sad, very very sad.
Bloody idiots each one of them.

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1240862)
The Fleetwood Mac version that most of us love, finally implodes...

What an ending for the Rumours five.
How sad, very very sad.
Bloody idiots each one of them.

Agreed. The utter lack of humanity is staggering.

sasja 10-15-2018 10:18 AM

I was going to type all sorts of things, but no energy to waste my words on this.
FM down the crapper, really.
Time seemingly can just rot anything it touches.
Still very fervently hope Lindsey will get his justice though!
And the others, just what they deserve.
Where's the vomit emoji?

FuzzyPlum 10-15-2018 10:47 AM

I wouldn't normally wish ill on anyone. However, the dark side of me would be happy to see Mick going broke for the fourth time (or whatever it is).
That would be very 'circular'

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1240870)
I wouldn't normally wish ill on anyone. However, the dark side of me would be happy to see Mick going broke for the fourth time (or whatever it is).
That would be very 'circular'

AND profound

lovethemac1 10-15-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1240872)
AND profound

And organic, but we don’t want to use that word because it’s an ugly, ugly word.

The CBC radio news just carried the FM lawsuit “update to the breakup.” Wow, that’s big news, even in Canada. Still makes me angry, frustrated with them, and so very very sad. 😢 My band has gone poof and I’m pissed 🔥

jbrownsjr 10-15-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1240873)
And organic, but we don’t want to use that word because it’s an ugly, ugly word.

The CBC radio news just carried the FM lawsuit “update to the breakup.” Wow, that’s big news, even in Canada. Still makes me angry, frustrated with them, and so very very sad. �� My band has gone poof and I’m pissed ��

Ugly, nasty, and greedy... Just like Mick, and the goat.

Buster 10-15-2018 11:20 AM

Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.

NotonRodeo 10-15-2018 11:35 AM

I am actually surprised this latest band kerfuffle seems more publicized now than it was in 1987. Back then it was a just a medium-length article in Rolling Stone announcing his departure, and I think a short interview with the band in one of the entertainment shows. Now it is everywhere.

NotonRodeo 10-15-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240882)
Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.

But that would imply the band actually cared about its fans, what we want and what we think about them. It's clear by this time they don't give a hoot about us, except when we give them $$$.