The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tom Petty Songs featuring Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57116)

CarnivalBegin 04-26-2017 11:07 AM

Tom Petty Songs featuring Stevie Nicks

Hey, folks!

I'm looking to make a full playlist/mix Cd of all the Stevie and Tom Petty collaborations as well as songs they wrote about each other or covers of each others' songs.

In no particular order, here are the ones I have:

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
I Will Run To You
The Apartment Song
The Insider

That Made Me Stronger
Hard Advice

Southern Accents (duet with Charles Kelly)
I Need To Know
Don't Come Around Here No More (live w/Stevie)
Learning to Fly (live w/Stevie)

I know I'm missing a bunch ... help ??!!

Thanks - searched the board assuming a post about this already existed but couldn't find anything.

Macfan4life 04-26-2017 11:35 AM

They both did a cover of Needles and Pins
The Heartbreakers play on Imperial Hotel

SisterNightroad 04-26-2017 11:49 AM

Tom, along with the Heartbreakers, played on the demos of Battle of the Dragon (the last takes) and Starshine. Stevie should sing backup also on You Can Still Change Your Mind from Hard Promises and Tom plays on Outside the Rain (and legend says that his voice is buried in the mix of the background vocals in one of the demos). There's also an outtake of a song called So Sad.

Then I remind you of the lone time they played together I Will Run to You live at NY in 1983 in case you forget (just because I love it).
Also on the Highway Companion Tour they also sang together American Girl and Insider (and obviouslySDMHA) as well as Gloria once.

pattyfan 04-26-2017 12:08 PM

Stevie and Sharon do background vocals on You Can Still Change Your Mind. The vocals are not as recognizable as other Stevie background vocals usually are, but anyway, she's on it. :)

Kevin

SNicksed 04-26-2017 02:57 PM

Free Fallin' from Enchanted

Stevie covered "You Wreck Me" 2010 tour.

CarnivalBegin 04-26-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNicksed (Post 1208155)
Stevie covered "You Wreck Me" 2010 tour.

RIGHT! I've been loving the hell out of "Wildflowers" lately - in fact, I truly feel it's his finest album - and I knew I knew the title "You Wreck Me" from another context. Thanks for the reminder!

And yes- though I hadn't listed it, "Free Fallin'" is a given. Thanks.

Sanne2 04-27-2017 06:47 AM

There's a recording of a live cover version of "Wild Thing" they did together.

ricohv 04-28-2017 12:11 AM

Look on Youtube...they do some rough demos of "So Sad" & "Angel Baby"-sounds like they're just messing around in the studio but fun to listen to nonetheless!
*Ricoh*

SisterNightroad 10-04-2017 05:59 AM

I had forgotten before, but also If You Were My Love was a song written about Tom.

AnthonyMI 10-04-2017 08:37 PM

Stevie is also in Dont Come Around Here No More

WatchChain 10-04-2017 09:50 PM

I also prefer the LIVE VERSION of "Insider" from Tom's "Pack Up The Plantation" album--it has more energy and emotion than the studio version from "Hard Promises". I would include that version on the mix.

Phoenixgypsy 10-05-2017 12:13 AM

I can't find it on YouTube to share, but I have an awesome demo of "The Dealer" with Tom singing the lead! One of my more favorite Stevie and Tom moments.

APerfectLie 10-07-2017 10:44 AM

Stevie and Tom did Knockin on Heavens Door together in Australia. Edge of Seventeen also has ties to Tom.

David 10-07-2017 12:27 PM

At the 1985 Heartbreakers concert at Compton Terrace, Stevie sang a great "Not Fade Away" with the boys.

A month later, I saw Stevie sing "Stop Dragging" with the Heartbreakers at Universal in L.A., and danced around a bit when they did "Don't Bring Me Down."

dontlookdown 10-17-2017 10:51 AM

Outside The Rain on Bella Donna is the Heartbreakers minus Tom.