The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   RIP...George Michael (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56722)

BlueDenimLamp 12-25-2016 06:19 PM

RIP...George Michael

Former Wham singer dies at age 53...In other news Carrie Fisher seems to be in stable condition after a serious cardiac event on a flight from London to LA...Perhaps the "Force" will keep her from being a 2016 victim...

FuzzyPlum 12-25-2016 07:00 PM

Just seen this on the news. Wow, I"m really shocked. This comes on the back Rick Parfitt of Status Quo passing away yesterday- equally shocking. RIP gents.

desertangel 12-25-2016 09:56 PM

I just can't take this any more. Who can we talk to, make it stop? So many people say they want the year to end . Seems like there's going to be one every day now, but my fear is it won't stop.

George Michael was a tremendous talent. His struggle is over but the fruits of his gift will live on. Rest in paradise.

Jondalar 12-25-2016 10:45 PM

What did he die from? Didn't know there was anything wrong with him.

desertangel 12-26-2016 01:10 AM

Wont know until tox report comes back, but with an extended hospital stay for pneumonia 5 years ago and a stint or so in rehab in his past, its hard to know for sure. I thought his lover died from AIDS? Which is about when things went downhill for him. Just seems like he was a real conflicted soul who struggled quite a bit, kinda like Prince. That kinda talent more often than not seems to come with a high price.

Macfanforever 12-27-2016 02:31 AM

Oh my god.What a year.He was so young.I was just playing Wham's Last Christmas video on YT on Christmas Eve a few times before this happen.

Prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.

iamnotafraid 12-27-2016 06:05 AM

Hard to believe that Faith was released so
many years ago.

I guess like all celebrities he'll get raked over
the coals by the tabloids.

Missy 12-27-2016 07:15 AM

He died alone in his sleep, suffering heart failure.

Some say he was sick with HIV/AIDS, that it was suicide, that it was drug overdose etc none of it confirmed yet.

It can take several weeks for toxicology tests to be released.

I've been thinking about parallels between him and Prince too. They both fought their record labels and both became reclusive in later years.

I get the feeling that there are things we aren't being told and I am hearing some local rumours that are quite disturbing. (Just saying - be ready for anything but also try and remember the good.)

Talented albeit flawed individual.

Macfanforever 12-27-2016 11:57 AM

He died in his sleep.Thats the way I want to go.My close friend went that way and he was only 29 with heart problems..

Macfanforever 12-27-2016 01:26 PM

ABC will air a special on him tonight at 10PM EST .Check your local listing for times .

olive 12-27-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1198770)

Some say he was sick with HIV/AIDS, that it was suicide, that it was drug overdose etc none of it confirmed yet.

WHO ?

I get the feeling that there are things we aren't being told and I am hearing some local rumours that are quite disturbing. (Just saying - be ready for anything but also try and remember the good.)

why would anyone do other wise

albeit flawed individual.

who isn't

singertobe 12-27-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1198770)

It can take several weeks for toxicology tests to be released.

I've been thinking about parallels between him and Prince too. They both fought their record labels and both became reclusive in later years.

Talented albeit flawed individual.

That sounds very suspicious. Wait for the conspiracy theorists to get on this one...

Macfanforever 12-27-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1198795)
That sounds very suspicious. Wait for the conspiracy theorists to get on this one...

The rag mags will have a field day with him.They already have other celebs or VIPs dying or close to it as the headlines read at the checkout area. The crap should be banned. With Carrie Fisher .The handwriting was on the wall as she hang on for some time and left us.I had a sad feeling that she was not going to make it.With George .It was a shock like the lost of Alan Thicke a weeks ago.

Missy 12-27-2016 07:52 PM

Sorry if I sounded negative. I was actually a fan and had 'rediscovered' his music in recent years. I had considered going to one of his concerts but the tour got cancelled and never rescheduled. I don't know what happened to him. It could take awhile before an inquest is completed.