The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ever hear any oddball Mac songs on the radio? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42313)

louielouie2000 11-26-2009 06:27 AM

Ever hear any oddball Mac songs on the radio?

So I used to get excited when I'd simply hear Hypnotized or Hold Me on the radio, but I had one the other day that completely caught me off guard! My local independent classic rock station played the demo version of Gold Dust Woman from the re-release of Rumours! Ever since the re-release of Rumours, they seem to sprinkle in this version of GDW from time to time... trips me out every time I hear it! :p

Even my local Clear Channel classic rock station pulls out surprises every so often... they played the original Rumours recording of Silver Springs before The Dance was released, and occasionally still do. I have to assume they got that one from The Chain box set.

Another one that totally caught me off guard was hearing Show Me A Smile in Ruby Tuesday a year or two ago. And I've heard Warm Ways at a local Charlotte restaurant too. I believe these were both on satellite radio though.

Most memorably, I heard Stevie's Reconsider Me waiting on a tetanus shot at the doctor once :laugh:, and even heard her If You Ever Did Believe in the car on the way to go skiing several years back. So what rabbits do your local stations pull out of their hats? :D

nailatixela 11-26-2009 09:18 AM

On the TV classic rock station I've heard some crazy ones. Like Child of Mine and Future Games. A local station here played the entire White Album, so that was really cool to hear some of those songs on the radio.

GypsySorcerer 11-26-2009 09:29 AM

Very few, unfortunately. "Paper Doll" is about the only one I can think of. Christine's singles ("Got A Hold on Me" and "Love Will Show Us How") pop up every now and then.

golddustdrummer 11-26-2009 11:23 AM

not really an oddball song...but I heard Tusk on the radio the other day. I'd never heard it on the radio before, so it was kind of cool. I was at the office but rocked out as much as I could hahaha

holidayroad 11-26-2009 11:26 AM

On Satellite Radio (XM:The Bridge) they play 'Spare Me a Little of Your Love'

Sanne2 11-26-2009 02:32 PM

I heard Caroline a while ago, I was like :shocked:

brysondt 11-26-2009 03:18 PM

Just recently, I heard "Love Shines"....and I was like WHAT THE???? Yeah....this was like only 3 days ago. I had completely even forgotten about that song. But I was glad so that I could add it to my ipod. Now I listened to it 3 times since then, haha.

cristochango 11-26-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 856687)
On Satellite Radio (XM:The Bridge) they play 'Spare Me a Little of Your Love'

We just got XM for our car, what stations are good for the Mac or Stevie ?

chelluversu 11-26-2009 06:56 PM

i heard "Friend" in super k once..amazing lol and then my sister called me a lame when i started singing it lol

goldustsongbird 11-26-2009 07:37 PM

All of these are weird. :shocked: I thought it was weird when I heard Gypsy today. :laugh: Out of all of the FM songs I hear, that one comes up the least often.

aleuzzi 11-26-2009 07:55 PM

I used to hear Spare Me a Little a lot on late-night rock radio programs. Same with Hypnotized. I used to hear Heroes are Hard to Find a lot on a local rock station in Rochester (one of the dj's loved to play this and Sugar Daddy). Oh Well from FM live used to air a lot. And when I was a kid, ALL of the songs on the original release of Rumours got generous airplay at some time or other.

Other "unusual" stuff:

Friend, Say You Will, What the World's Coming To, Throw Down, Everyday, Temporary One, Bleed to Love Her, and Peacekeeper--all heard at either Home Depot or WalMart.

goldustsongbird 11-26-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 856793)
Other "unusual" stuff:

Friend, Say You Will, What the World's Coming To, Throw Down, Everyday, Temporary One, Bleed to Love Her, and Peacekeeper--all heard at either Home Depot or WalMart.

I've heard Thrown Down and Peacekeeper, too! Only once each. I heard Thrown Down in the mall about a year after SYW came out, and just heard Peacekeeper maybe a month ago.

Was it the Dance or SYW v. of Bleed To Love Her?

Apparently William's Coffee Pub near me likes to play Stevie's cover of Crash Into Me, but never when I''m there.

Musicman408 11-26-2009 10:36 PM

I heard Stevie's version of Crash while I was at Red Robin a couple of weeks ago!

EnchantedKiwi 11-26-2009 11:01 PM

Hmm I always hear Tusk played on the radio, but I think it was one of their most popular songs in New Zealand

aleuzzi 11-27-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 856804)

Was it the Dance or SYW v. of Bleed To Love Her?

The Dance version. Always. Never the SYW version. Strange, I guess. But I do like the Dance version better myself.

I also forgot to mention Warm Ways, which once got played alongside Say You Love Me on a Rochester jazz station...Neither of those songs strikes me as jazz, but I was still thrilled to hear them. Right after them, the dj played two songs by Sarah Vaughan. I liked the idea that Christine was being lumped with Sassy.