The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey selling lots of tickets... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58054)

elle 08-21-2018 12:38 PM

Lindsey selling lots of tickets...

i dislike these types of analyses, but since we didn't discuss yet how well this tour has been selling, maybe a good one to kick it off.

jkmaletic 08-21-2018 01:09 PM

In thinking about which FM songs he may do on this tour, I realized that this will be the first time that a member of FM will be touring solo at the same time as the band. Knowing that, does anyone know if Lindsey is allowed to play FM songs, contractually? I mean, I would think he'd be able to, as long as he was the writer or co-writer of the song(s), right?

Jamie

Feather Blade 08-21-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1234618)
In thinking about which FM songs he may do on this tour, I realized that this will be the first time that a member of FM will be touring solo at the same time as the band. Knowing that, does anyone know if Lindsey is allowed to play FM songs, contractually? I mean, I would think he'd be able to, as long as he was the writer or co-writer of the song(s), right?

Jamie

Isn't the way these things work, that playing live anything is fair game and it is only when you record something and selling product is involved that you have to seek permission, pay royalties etc.? I could be wrong but that's the impression I am under.

elle 08-21-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1234618)

Jamie

if in doubt, take a look at his live disc on the anthology. as long as they are solo recordings / live, he can do whatever he wants i suspect, especially with his FM songs. and he never tried to play anyone else's FM songs on his solo tours (not counting the chain and WT where he's a co writer). which takes me to the sad point - i even flew to Europe to see him play Oh Well. it makes me sad i will never get to see Oh Well from him.

didn't OOTC tour go at the same time as a FM tour back in the 90s?

are you gonna go see one of his Cali stops Jamie?

Eugene 08-21-2018 02:05 PM

Not at Town Hall in New York City...plenty of tickets still available.

TrueFaith77 08-21-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene (Post 1234623)

I couldn't find any good seat in NYC. Also is there a VIP option for NYC?

elle 08-21-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene (Post 1234623)

similar with DC - plenty of back of the floor and balcony tix still available. but i've been buying tix for various acts in that theater forever and that's a pretty regular way it goes for most shows there. you should have seen Brian Wilson sales.

unlike in New Jersey where there's next to nothing available. maybe 60 all together scattered around the venue. and maybe 10 left in San Francisco all together.

elle 08-21-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1234625)
I couldn't find any good seat in NYC. Also is there a VIP option for NYC?

there is VIP still available, but without the meet and greet. m&gs were all gone in the first couple of days.

TrueFaith77 08-21-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234632)
there is VIP still available, but without the meet and greet. m&gs were all gone in the first couple of days.

bummer. this is why I don't go to concerts anymore. :lol:

jkmaletic 08-21-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234622)
if in doubt, take a look at his live disc on the anthology. as long as they are solo recordings / live, he can do whatever he wants i suspect, especially with his FM songs. and he never tried to play anyone else's FM songs on his solo tours (not counting the chain and WT where he's a co writer). which takes me to the sad point - i even flew to Europe to see him play Oh Well. it makes me sad i will never get to see Oh Well from him.

didn't OOTC tour go at the same time as a FM tour back in the 90s?

are you gonna go see one of his Cali stops Jamie?

No, I won't be attending any. Have fun though! :woohoo:

elle 08-21-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1234634)
No, I won't be attending any. Have fun though! :woohoo:

how come? i thought i remember you went before, back on his last solo tour and had a great time?

jkmaletic 08-21-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1234636)
how come? i thought i remember you went before, back on his last solo tour and had a great time?

No... never been to a Lindsey solo show before. :shrug:
I've had a great time interacting with him at Mac shows though. And that just by chance meeting I had with him in the hallway of the MGM Grand Hotel. I'll never forget that! :laugh::laugh:
Jamie

elle 08-21-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1234639)
No... never been to a Lindsey solo show before. :shrug:
I've had a great time interacting with him at Mac shows though. And that just by chance meeting I had with him in the hallway of the MGM Grand Hotel. I'll never forget that! :laugh::laugh:
Jamie

must be that's what i remember.

eh too bad you can't go now then. should be like a solo best off tour too!

iamnotafraid 08-21-2018 09:17 PM

Doing well in Bama I see.

DownOnRodeo 08-21-2018 09:59 PM

I was curious about ticket sales so thanks for this thread, but I can't stomach to watch that YouTube guy. Is the synopsis that FM is selling shakily and LB is selling well? If so, great!