The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie & Christine in Nashville (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53574)

elle 04-19-2014 11:08 AM

Stevie & Christine in Nashville

could it be they are recording some (SN's) parts of the album in Nashville?

and that we will get that album before the tour after all? (pretty please let it be true..........)

Christine, Dave Stewart, Stevie and Waddy were all reportedly (or self-reportedly in DS case) flying to Nashville some time this morning.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...flight-to.html

BlueDenimLamp 04-19-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1126718)
could it be they are recording some (SN's) parts of the album in Nashville?

and that we will get that album before the tour after all? (pretty please let it be true..........)

Christine, Dave Stewart, Stevie and Waddy were all reportedly (or self-reportedly in DS case) flying to Nashville some time this morning.

Don't forget this is how we found out that Stevie was making a new record and that Dave was producing and we also found out from "Instagram" that FM was at the village...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1126699)
Per Dave S's Facebook, he's spending a few weeks in Nashville. And speaking of Nashville, you lot may be interested in this from Instagram which was posted 15 hours ago. Thanks to @justlikehome on Twitter for finding it. The very top of the photograph is cropped but it was just addressed to the girl whose Instagram account it is. And yes, it DOES say Go Your Own Way.

So we have Dave, Waddy and apparently Christine in Nashville.

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8f444d9c.jpg

I lifted part of the thread from the "Stevie Section"

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126608)

Well this could be interesting...I wonder who else will be there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1126652)
Maybe Stevie is recording some tunes with Lady A.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126685)

Whatever Dave is up to it looks like he will be in Nashville for a while...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1126686)
Thanks for the info.I guess he loves it there.There is alot of music action there.I wonder if Stevie will get invited to join his circus.LOL...

It seems we now have Christine in Nashville as well...This could be very interesting indeed...

elle 04-19-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126721)
It seems we now have Christine in Nashville as well...This could be very interesting indeed...

thanks for combining all these in one thread! :thumbsup:

with "circus moving to Nashville" seems like they will definitely be working on Stevie's FM songs there. maybe both Christine and Dave will co-write with her this time around. Christine seems to be happy, inspired, and on the roll, she can hopefully find some lyrics in SN's journals for which she can write music!

BlueDenimLamp 04-19-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1126724)
thanks for combining all these in one thread! :thumbsup:

with "circus moving to Nashville" seems like they will definitely be working on Stevie's FM songs there. maybe both Christine and Dave will co-write with her this time around. Christine seems to be happy, inspired, and on the roll, she can hopefully find some lyrics in SN's journals for which she can write music!

The fact that Stevie and Christine are in Nashville TOGETHER is a good thing:nod:...

It's possible that this is not FM related and simply "the girls" on a weekend getaway hanging out with Dave and Waddy...Or they may work on a few things while they are in town...One thing is for certain Dave tweets about everything so we should be kept up to date with what's going on...

elle 04-19-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126725)
It's possible that this is not FM related and simply "the girls" on a weekend getaway hanging out with Dave and Waddy...Or they may work on a few things while they are in town...One thing is for certain Dave tweets about everything so we should be kept up to date with what's going on...

please don't pour cold water on my [finally!] optimistic outlook.:laugh: i want that album out!

yeah Stevie and Christine both don't have families they need to spend the holiday with, but Dave Stewart has, and relatively young kids if i remember correctly. would he really go to Nashville (where people go to record music ;)) for a weekend with these women if it wasn't work related? he just came back from working on another project in Jamaica. i choose to think this is great news, and why SN was not really much around with FM in the studio (although i really don't understand that attitude if they are really a band - i guess they are really more just a business than a band these days, at least as far as SN is concerned :shrug:) - she was waiting for DS to be free so he can help her out. and i think the fact Christine is there with them has to be good news since she can help Dave make those songs more FM/band sounding.

elle 04-19-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126725)
TOne thing is for certain Dave tweets about everything so we should be kept up to date with what's going on...

good point!

BlueDenimLamp 04-19-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1126728)
please don't pour cold water on my [finally!] optimistic outlook.:laugh: i want that album out!

yeah Stevie and Christine both don't have families they need to spend the holiday with, but Dave Stewart has, and relatively young kids if i remember correctly. would he really go to Nashville (where people go to record music ;)) for a weekend with these women if it wasn't work related? he just came back from working on another project in Jamaica. i choose to think this is great news, and why SN was not really much around with FM in the studio (although i really don't understand that attitude if they are really a band - i guess they are really more just a business than a band these days, at least as far as SN is concerned :shrug:) - she was waiting for DS to be free so he can help her out. and i think the fact Christine is there with them has to be good news since she can help Dave make those songs more FM/band sounding.

I'm just saying that we don't know for certain yet...
I don't know why people were saying earlier that Christine & Dave wouldn't get along...After all they both have that "English thing" going on and at least they have that in common...

Dave has at least one of his children with him...Kaya is turning out to be quite the young singer/songwriter...

michelej1 04-19-2014 01:33 PM

Someone had Christine write GYOW on that autograph. That's funny. I'm sure Lindsey has been asked to write Don't Stop on things before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126731)
I don't know why people were saying earlier that Christine & Dave wouldn't get along...After all they both have that "English thing" going on and at least they have that in common.

I never thought they wouldn't get along. Just worried about what him working on her songs would sound like.

At any rate, I don't think that Stevie and Christine would be hanging out together socially in Nashville. Los Angeles, maybe, but not Nashville.

Michele

BlueDenimLamp 04-19-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1126732)
Someone had Christine write GYOW on that autograph. That's funny. I'm sure Lindsey has been asked to write Don't Stop on things before.

I never thought they wouldn't get along. Just worried about what him working on her songs would sound like.
At any rate, I don't think that Stevie and Christine would be hanging out together socially in Nashville. Los Angeles, maybe, but not Nashville.

Michele

A lot of people thought the same thing when they learned that he was working on "IYD" ...Personally all I could think of was Dave's 1980's work but that turned out not to be the case...

It doesn't sound like CM was on the same flight as the others...

elle 04-19-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126731)
Dave has at least one of his children with him

yeah saw that on his fb as soon as i was done posting about his kids... apparently he's reading my mind. ;)

so that pic looks like they are driving? maybe i'm seeing wrong. or maybe it's just Dave and his family driving. we know Christine flew.

BlueDenimLamp 04-19-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1126736)
yeah saw that on his fb as soon as i was done posting about his kids... apparently he's reading my mind. ;)

so that pic looks like they are driving? maybe i'm seeing wrong. or maybe it's just Dave and his family driving. we know Christine flew.

Yes it looks like they are in a car...They are already there or haven't left yet...Sounds like Christine arrived in Nashville on Friday...

BlueDenimLamp 04-19-2014 02:05 PM

And the plot thickens...

elle 04-19-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126739)

And the plot thickens...

http://www.blackbirdstudio.com/#/about/

michelej1 04-19-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1126735)
A lot of people thought the same thing when they learned that he was working on "IYD"

I don't think his 80s work is in conflict with Stevie's own style. For instance, there's nothing about "Here Comes the Rain Again" and Annie's (sometimes sinister) voice and phrasing that would make me think this man shouldn't work with Stevie and couldn't bring something charismatic out of her. Christine is a different story, though.

Michele

WildHearted 04-19-2014 03:56 PM

What does Martina McBride have to do with it?