The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game of Pretend (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57257)

BLY 06-16-2017 08:34 PM

Game of Pretend

I just listened to this fantastic album again on full volume on my sterio really enjoying all the songs. When I listened to Game of Pretend I realized how much Stevie's vocals would have added so much to this track.It would have been right up their with all their other classic three part harmonies. "Oh well"

jbrownsjr 06-16-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1211905)
I just listened to this fantastic album again on full volume on my sterio really enjoying all the songs. When I listened to Game of Pretend I realized how much Stevie's vocals would have added so much to this track.It would have been right up their with all their other classic three part harmonies. "Oh well"

When you just listen to this album and let it play, the album really comes to life. I'm really enjoying it.

I love how they recreate her voice in some tunes. Carnival Begin, I can hear that blend that sounds like Nicks.

HomerMcvie 06-17-2017 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1211905)
When I listened to Game of Pretend I realized how much Stevie's vocals would have added so much to this track.It would have been right up their with all their other classic three part harmonies.

It's really too bad that she wanted no part of the project. What the hell was she thinking?

secondhandchain 06-17-2017 01:32 AM

That she can't write anymore except old songs form the vault, or with help. What she should have realized is Lindsey would have helped and he was into helping her songs. Even his writing was all to please her. No weird Buckingham songs on this album. She blew it!

sue 06-17-2017 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1211926)
That she can't write anymore except old songs form the vault, or with help. What she should have realized is Lindsey would have helped and he was into helping her songs. Even his writing was all to please her. No weird Buckingham songs on this album. She blew it!

I agree, the main reason she is not on this album is....she cannot write anymore.
Shame but that's how it is....she should have enlisted Lindsey and then used other writers.
It is such a pity she's not on this album.

jbrownsjr 06-17-2017 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1211929)
I agree, the main reason she is not on this album is....she cannot write anymore.
Shame but that's how it is....she should have enlisted Lindsey and then used other writers.
It is such a pity she's not on this album.

I can hear her in some of the songs. Isn't that weird?:lol:

button-lip 06-17-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1211930)
I can hear her in some of the songs. Isn't that weird?:lol:

Awww, you miss her! :D

I don't hear her but I can hear her tambourine, which is not that weird! Maybe she stopped by Lindsey's house and added some tambourine movements. :p

Macfan4life 06-17-2017 06:33 AM

I don't think her voice would good on Game of Pretend. Its Christine's ballad that should really only feature her.
Her voice would be wonderful added to Red Sun chorus, Sleeping Around the Corner, and Too Far Gone.

BLY 06-17-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1211935)
I don't think her voice would good on Game of Pretend. Its Christine's ballad that should really only feature her.
Her voice would be wonderful added to Red Sun chorus, Sleeping Around the Corner, and Too Far Gone.

I agree her addition to other tracks would've been fantastic also. I think that Stevie's lower voice would have given GOP even more Mac magic.

HomerMcvie 06-17-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1211933)
Awww, you miss her! :D

I don't hear her but I can hear her tambourine, which is not that weird! Maybe she stopped by Lindsey's house and added some tambourine movements. :p

I wouldn't miss her if she'd hold still. (dated gun joke, and you can't make those anymore).

She stopped by Lindsey's house, and made another kind of movement.

This Fleetwood Mac album is so poppy, she really missed the boat on this!

seanthompson 06-17-2017 09:18 AM

'Game Of Pretend' is like 'Songbird' meets 'Farmers Daughter'. Absolutely love it!

lennonfan 06-17-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1211935)

On this entire album the only place I miss Stevie's voice is on Game Of Pretend.
I could actually picture the entire band doing this beautifully in concert with the right mix, Stevie's gruff style would add.
....but to me that is so minor on an album filled with great songs it doesn't matter.

jwd 06-17-2017 12:30 PM

Stevie could have added her vocals to any song on the record except for Game of Pretend. To me it's another Songbird like track. Best left with only unadulterated Christine vocals and a simple gorgeous piano. It's become one of my favorite songs from this collection.

button-lip 06-17-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1211941)
I wouldn't miss her if she'd hold still. (dated gun joke, and you can't make those anymore).

She stopped by Lindsey's house, and made another kind of movement.

This Fleetwood Mac album is so poppy, she really missed the boat on this!

OMG, how dare you! Kristen was probably there... :D:laugh:

Macfan4life 06-17-2017 03:47 PM

Game of Pretend has really grown on me. It was one of my least favorites when I first got the album. But now I really love this song.