The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favourite Stevie song from Tusk (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54197)

bombaysaffires 09-13-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1142443)
Why is there such hesitation to perform this song live? I just don't get it. It's a fantastic song. Why perform Dreams (a great song, but no casual concertgoer could tell you its name...it wouldn't be missed like Rhiannon or Gold Dust), Gypsy or Silver Springs for the nth time when they could do Beautiful Child or Crystal for that matter?

Dreams was the only #1 single they ever had… it won't ever get cut. :sorry:

bethelblues 09-13-2014 04:18 PM

I guess Stevie has no problem playing the same songs over and over. If I was suggesting ways to get more of Stevie's other songs in there, like Beautiful Child or Sara or Seven Wonders or Crystal or Thrown Down, I'd put Dreams and Rhiannon on the chopping block. Though I think fans would be more upset with Rhiannon going unplayed than Dreams.

PoetofRhiannon 09-13-2014 05:14 PM

How am I supposed to pick my favorite? :eek:

I love all these songs; these were Stevie's FM highlights.

Autumn Ocean 09-13-2014 05:31 PM

All of them! I do have a great love for Angel. It is the funkiest song she did with the Mac.

While I wouldn't change any of Tusk, I have wondered what we'd have heard if LB had convinced Stevie and Chris to approach their songs the way he approached his.

KenB 09-13-2014 06:12 PM

I love love LOVE Storms (my top pick), Angel, and Beautiful Child. I've listened to Sara a million times but just never got the appeal -- it's pretty, but it's too one-chordy and the music doesn't build much in intensity. And Sisters of the Moon is my least favorite song on Tusk from any of the writers. I know I'm in the minority on this, though.

mitzo 09-15-2014 06:28 AM

These 5 songs are indeed the greatest of her career. How sad that the next we got from Stevie was Bella Donna to kick off a solo career which totally lacked the magic of her Tusk songs.

He's So Unusual 09-15-2014 11:23 AM

Sara

...my all-time favourite song.

Mr Scarrott 09-15-2014 02:23 PM

I went for the obvious Sara. As close to perfection as you're likely to get. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and appreciate Lindsey's contributions but there's a couple of throwaways that blot the copybook too much (What makes you think you're the one and Not that funny). Stevie's songs generally maintain an ethereal plateau that lay out a claim for her to own the album, rather than Lindsey...I've moved more into that camp over the last few years and that has surprised me.

Angel has grown on me considerably, but oddly, I prefer it out of the context of Tusk. I have it on my playlist between Warm Ways and Bob's Coming Home and that sequence really works... three underappreciated tracks that merit more attention than they get.

jcfree 09-15-2014 02:58 PM

Boy that is a tough call to make, I love all Stevie's songs on Tusk. However, Beautiful Child, there's just something about that song that can get me so emotional and bring me to tears just like that. Ever since the first time I heard it.