The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gnarls Barkley (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27361)

amber 06-15-2006 04:11 AM

Gnarls Barkley

I know a few people have already been talking about them, but this is about to become a ginormous favorite of mine, and so -
You can listen to short samples of every song on the CD (St. Elsewhere) in the itunes music store, and I recommend you do so immediately if not sooner.
No doubt you've been hearing that song "Crazy" being played everywhere?
The album is incredibly rhythmically and musically and vocally pleasing.
It also satisfies one's lust for variety.

Danger - May cause you to grooove your a** off.

:wavey: :wavey:

*I also saw a really good singer on Conan, Regina Specter. Her voice was incredible, her song was strange.

gldstwmn 06-15-2006 09:29 AM

I love Crazy. I've been listening to it a lot. :)

Livia 06-15-2006 09:42 AM

They've got some songs up on myspace too - including their cover of the Violent Femmes' song - "Gone Daddy Gone." :thumbsup:

DavidMn 06-15-2006 01:22 PM

I wonder if theyre basketball fans with Charles Barkley being so close to their name.

amber 06-15-2006 01:28 PM

Chris, does that mean you have the whole album? I liked every single snippet I listened to last night, which never, ever, ever, ever, happens to me. :p Seriously, I barely love any music.
Livia - thanks, I had forgotten who did that song in the first place (if I ever knew) and it was bugging me last night.

DavidMn - A website I was looking at actually addressed that, apparently they were "friends" or something, but supposedly it's not related. :rolleyes: You can probably read it if you google gnarls barkley.
sidenote: I don't follow basketball, really, but of course watch it on very few occasions. Charles Barkley immediately struck me as the cutest basketball player I'd ever seen.

They're playing here (Fillmore) sometime, and tickets go on sale Sun. 18th. I really want to see. But people are selling tickets from other towns on ebay for around $50 each, give or take. :( Should be a very, very good show. They're all costumy and stuff, too. Was anyone else very familiar with DJ Danger Mouse before? I'd heard of him a lot.

DavidMn 06-15-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Chris, does that mean you have the whole album? I liked every single snippet I listened to last night, which never, ever, ever, ever, happens to me. :p Seriously, I barely love any music.
Livia - thanks, I had forgotten who did that song in the first place (if I ever knew) and it was bugging me last night.

DavidMn - A website I was looking at actually addressed that, apparently they were "friends" or something, but supposedly it's not related. :rolleyes: You can probably read it if you google gnarls barkley.
sidenote: I don't follow basketball, really, but of course watch it on very few occasions. Charles Barkley immediately struck me as the cutest basketball player I'd ever seen.

They're playing here (Fillmore) sometime, and tickets go on sale Sun. 18th. I really want to see. But people are selling tickets from other towns on ebay for around $50 each, give or take. :( Should be a very, very good show. They're all costumy and stuff, too. Was anyone else very familiar with DJ Danger Mouse before? I'd heard of him a lot.

Charles is also a very bright guy who's considered seriously running for Governor in his home state of Alabama. It's nice to see an athlete that outside of his or her sport isnt a complete idiot. SOrry Amber I wont digress any further from the topic.

trackaghost 06-15-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Was anyone else very familiar with DJ Danger Mouse before? I'd heard of him a lot.

DJ Danger Mouse did that awesome mix of the Beatles' White Album with Jay Z's The Black Album, called, of course The Grey Album. It was never officially released since The Beatles camp doesn't tend to approve that kind of stuff.
It might be on the net if you have a look.

amber 06-15-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
DJ Danger Mouse did that awesome mix of the Beatles' White Album with Jay Z's The Black Album, called, of course The Grey Album. It was never officially released since The Beatles camp doesn't tend to approve that kind of stuff.
It might be on the net if you have a look.

Yeah, I read that last night. :p That's kind of a blending of two things I don't want to listen to much, but I'm sure it's cool. You think I should hear anyway? :laugh:
Do you have Gnarls already, Sharon? Or have you listened?

Sidenote: Me and my mom used to watch Dangermouse all the time together when I was in highschool. Hilarious! What a great cartoon.

iamstevienicks 07-07-2006 05:08 AM

Played to death in the UK

Looks like its gonna be big stateside too

michelle2677 07-28-2006 02:41 PM

sorry-but I had to revive this thread because I just bought St. Elsewhere about 2 hours ago. So far I've listened to the first 6 or so tracks and loving all of it.

Yeah, I also bought a belly dancing aerobics video. But that's another story!!:laugh: :laugh:

amber 07-28-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle2677
sorry-but I had to revive this thread because I just bought St. Elsewhere about 2 hours ago. So far I've listened to the first 6 or so tracks and loving all of it.

Yeah, I also bought a belly dancing aerobics video. But that's another story!!:laugh: :laugh:

maybe you can fuse them into one fabulous Gnarlsbellydancing experience!
I know, it kicks ass. Glad you got it! The necrophiliac song is freaky, though.

michelle2677 07-28-2006 02:56 PM

:laugh: Maybe!! I never thought of that!! that would be one hell of a work out.

Yeah. I haven't ventured to listen to that song yet. I saw the title and read the first few lines. They scared me. :nod:

mikeschmike 07-28-2006 03:38 PM

I bought the cd last weekend, and it's awesome. Feng Shui rocks me.

foxyluva 07-28-2006 04:43 PM

I dislike this album more than I can say - they are so overated!!!!! :sorry:

amber 07-28-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva
I dislike this album more than I can say - they are so overated!!!!! :sorry:

I've seen the albums you do like, so I'm grain of salting your opinion. :laugh: :wavey: