The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ROUND 1: Lindsey Buckingham Survivor: 21st Century Edition (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37551)

TrueFaith77 09-28-2008 08:36 AM

ROUND 1: Lindsey Buckingham Survivor: 21st Century Edition

I thought it would be fun to celebrate Lindsey's achievements this decade by running a Survivor Challenge of his released studio tracks. The rules are simple, vote to eliminate one track from each album. When we're down to one track per album, those three tracks will battle for survival. The champ title: Lindsey Buckingham's best track in the 21st Century (so far). May the best Buck win! I will try to update this every day at noon. You have 24 hours.

Say You Will

What's The World Coming To?
Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Miranda
Red Rover
Peacekeeper
Come
Steal Your Heart Away
Bleed To Love Her
Say Goodbye
Love Minus Zero/No Limit

vs.

Under The Skin

Not Too Late
Show You How
Under The Skin
I Am Waiting
It Was You
Try For The Sun
Cast Away Dreams
Shut Us Down
Down On Rodeo
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Flying Down Juniper[/td]

vs.

Gift of Screws
Great Day
Time Precious Time
Did You Miss Me
Wait For You
Love Runs Deeper
Bel Air Rain
The Right Place To Fade
Gift of Screws
Underground
Treason

Here's my ballot for this round.

I vote to eliminate:

Say You Will: Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Under The Skin:It Was You
Gift of Screws: Time Precious Time

Peestie 09-28-2008 08:42 AM

Miranda
Flying Down Juniper
It's too hard for me to pick a GOS song! I still love them all so much! I guess I'll go with Did You Miss Me.

GoS 09-28-2008 10:36 AM

From SYW, as much as this pains me, What is the world coming to
From UtS, the one song of his I just cannot stand, Flying Down Juniper
From GoS, Treason

This is tough

Richard B 09-28-2008 10:53 AM

SYW: Come
UTS: Not Too Late
GOS: Bel Air Rain (this is too hard. I don't know what I'm doing)...I really love this album.

*Note: Love Minus Zero/No Limit should not be on the list as it is not actually a part of the album. Sneaky. ;-)

gretchen 09-28-2008 10:57 AM

Miranda
It Was You
Treason

Madness Fades 09-28-2008 11:19 AM

From SYW, Miranda
From UtS, Flying Down Juniper
From GoS, Time Precious Time

Round one was easy enough but I can see this becoming more and more difficult. I cant believe some people are voting out come and whats the world coming to.

michelej1 09-28-2008 11:20 AM

Love Minus Zero/ No Limit

Time Precious Time

Flying Down Juniper

Madness Fades 09-28-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 776896)

*Note: Love Minus Zero/No Limit should not be on the list as it is not actually a part of the album. Sneaky.

I dont have this song. could someone please share it with me. I have just a live version of it which is very good but i would like to hear some sort of studio version

Betsy 09-28-2008 11:34 AM

SYW --Miranda
UTS -- Flying Down Juniper
GOS -- Great Day

I have a red 2 CD pack that has Love Minus Zero on it. But it's a special edition and not commerically released? (Ebay find.)

Richard B 09-28-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 776904)
I dont have this song. could someone please share it with me.

Email me and I will send it to you.

Richard B 09-28-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsy (Post 776906)
I have a red 2 CD pack that has Love Minus Zero on it. But it's a special edition and not commerically released? (Ebay find.)

If the album cover you're speaking of looks like this, it was commercially released and it's still available. It was marketed as a Limited Edition, with the bonus tracks. Since Say You Will was not a big seller, it is readily available through normal channels (eBay, Amazon)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA240_.jpg

TrueFaith77 09-28-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 776904)
I dont have this song. could someone please share it with me. I have just a live version of it which is very good but i would like to hear some sort of studio version

I believe what you have IS the studio version. For some reason it's been mislabeled as being live.

michelej1 09-28-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 776909)
It was marketed as a Limited Edition, with the bonus tracks. Since Say You Will was not a big seller, it is readily available through normal channels (eBay, Amazon)

Yes, I got mine from Amazon and it is one of the most annoying things ever released, the way it is packaged, with things falling out and not fitting back in. I'd like to throw it up against a wall, which is something I think I DID do to my Tusk album almost 30 years ago.

Yes, today, I honor the Tusk packaging as a valued, cherished antique, but when I first got the thing and I couldn't make the albums fit back in their inner sleeves, I began to have murderous thoughts.

Michele

Richard B 09-28-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 776915)
Yes, I got mine from Amazon and it is one of the most annoying things ever released, the way it is packaged, with things falling out and not fitting back in. I'd like to throw it up against a wall, which is something I think I DID do to my Tusk album almost 30 years ago.

Yes, today, I honor the Tusk packaging as a valued, cherished antique, but when I first got the thing and I couldn't make the albums fit back in their inner sleeves, I began to have murderous thoughts.

Michele

I much prefer the limited edition version cover and packaging. Very clean and I like the simplicity. SYW, with them looking like corpses didn't work for me.

Now Tusk...oooh what a brilliant thing that design was. I have a litho of the Peter Beard work. It's my favorite piece of art I have. I took a pic of it without the frame (sorry not a great shot)
http://gallery.me.com/osxsurf/100008/IMG_0114/web.jpg

michelej1 09-28-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 776922)
I much prefer the limited edition version cover and packaging. Very clean and I like the simplicity. SYW, with them looking like corpses didn't work for me.

Next to Mirage, that SYW cover was my favorite. I would like Lindsey to say how they came up with the Double Suicide theme. Michele