The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apparently a settlement offer has been sent LBs way (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58339)

ryan4136 11-18-2018 07:17 PM

Apparently a settlement offer has been sent LBs way

KB has alluded on Twitter that the band is attempting to settle rather than go to court. While not surprising it does go against the strong talk initially made by the band.

elle 11-18-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1244076)
KB has alluded on Twitter that the band is attempting to settle rather than go to court. While not surprising it does go against the strong talk initially made by the band.

right, people were discussing in the other thread what KB's tweet may mean, and seems the consensus is that the band offered to settle.

here's that tweet again, to have it all contained in a single thread:

michelej1 11-18-2018 09:00 PM

Oh my goodness. Big lies, little love. That's beautiful.

Listen, I had endless fun mocking Kristen's pear display in the past, but she has really gained my admiration.

I realize that a settlement with BOTH sides agreeing not to disparage the other is good for everyone involved. They should negotiate this and keep everything confidential. That is the logical thing to do, BUT I can't deny that I will feel a tad of disappointment when that happens. I wanted a cathartic airing.

Michele

dreamsunwind 11-18-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1244091)
Oh my goodness. Big lies, little love. That's beautiful.

Listen, I had endless fun mocking Kristen's pear display in the past, but she has really gained my admiration.

I realize that a settlement with BOTH sides agreeing not to disparage the other is good for everyone involved. They should negotiate this and keep everything confidential. That is the logical thing to do, BUT I can't deny that I will feel a tad of disappointment when that happens. I wanted a cathartic airing.

Michele

I agree. I get why someone in his position would want to sue. Not only were you done dirty by people you've known for decades, but you were denied a huge chunk of cash that I'm sure would've been very helpful for a family with a bunch of college-age kids.
But I still kinda wish it hadn't happened.

Fannymac 11-19-2018 02:01 AM

My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....I'm sure all the bridges with Mick, Stevie and, maybe, John have been burned, but I'm hoping both the silence and lawsuit were things that had to include everyone, more likely not by choice, and that Lindsey and Christine can renew their musical friend/partnership.

Macfan4life 11-19-2018 05:33 AM

No surprise. I predicted this on the board day one. Most of these cases settle. We probably will never know the amount but I will guess. My hunch is 7-8 million range. After lawyers Lindsey will walk away with about 5-7 million.
I do expect everyone to go silent during the settlement talks. On Lindsey's tour, after the lawsuit was announced, Lindsey did not even say the words Fleetwood Mac on stage.

ryan4136 11-19-2018 08:27 AM

The sooner they settle the sooner we can get to the inevitable reunion cash grab show of epic proportions.

Fleetwood Mac sells out the Grand Canyon for 3 consecutive nights in 2020.

HomerMcvie 11-19-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1244136)
The sooner they settle the sooner we can get to the inevitable reunion cash grab show of epic proportions.

Fleetwood Mac sells out the Grand Canyon for 3 consecutive nights in 2020.

I'd lose all respect for him if he ever went back again. F*ck them. The lot of them.

They're getting too old for us to wait for a reunion, THAT NOW SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. One of them is going to die, anyway.

Feather Blade 11-19-2018 11:57 AM

Are we sure a settlement is what that rather cryptic tweet was a reference to? Could potentially be a lot of things: motion to dismiss, continuance, rescheduling a court date etc. Perhaps someone around here knows the ins and outs of the CA court system and could let us know if there is any updated information on where the suit stands currently.

gldstwmn 11-19-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1244148)
Are we sure a settlement is what that rather cryptic tweet was a reference to? Could potentially be a lot of things: motion to dismiss, continuance, rescheduling a court date etc. Perhaps someone around here knows the ins and outs of the CA court system and could let us know if there is any updated information on where the suit stands currently.

Yes. Like I said is the case still on the docket? If so then this is nothing more than hot air right now.

sands of time 11-19-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1244129)
No surprise. I predicted this on the board day one. Most of these cases settle. We probably will never know the amount but I will guess. My hunch is 7-8 million range. After lawyers Lindsey will walk away with about 5-7 million.
I do expect everyone to go silent during the settlement talks. On Lindsey's tour, after the lawsuit was announced, Lindsey did not even say the words Fleetwood Mac on stage.

He did in Austin.

jeets2000 11-19-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1244148)

And of course just because there may or may not be an offer on the table doesn't mean it's a good one. I have to imagine they would try to low-ball him at first. My guess is this thing is probably still far from settled, but hopefully we're on the right track.

Tango 11-19-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1244141)
I'd lose all respect for him if he ever went back again. F*ck them. The lot of them.

They're getting too old for us to wait for a reunion, THAT NOW SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. One of them is going to die, anyway.

Well, Mr. Happy, they are all going to die. :laugh: Us too.

bombaysaffires 11-19-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeets2000 (Post 1244165)
And of course just because there may or may not be an offer on the table doesn't mean it's a good one. I have to imagine they would try to low-ball him at first. My guess is this thing is probably still far from settled, but hopefully we're on the right track.

yes, it seems like it would be a stretch to think her tweet indicates everything is fully and finally settled, but rather that the process itself is going on in a manner that is contradictory to what the band had publicly declared, i.e. that it's not coming down to a day (figuratively) in court but rather ongoing negotiations between the parties. "Can't we settled this outside of court?"

mylittledemon 11-19-2018 05:31 PM

I haven't commented too much on this whole fiasco, as I've lost a fair bit of respect for the band's management skills. I wish beyond hope that they would somehow put all this aside, hug one another, and truly apologise and forgive each other... and welcome Lindsey back into the fray. I don't see how that could be (I mean hey, Chris came back and it always seemed somewhat possible for her to do so)… but this scenario feels like it's gone too far and that Lindsey would never return to the ranks. :(