The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Short clip in interview... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55130)

zoork_1 04-08-2015 02:15 PM

Short clip in interview...

Found this, not sure if it's old news but anyway...

http://www.downvids.net/concert-foot...a--587920.html

lazy poker 04-08-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoork_1 (Post 1164305)
Found this, not sure if it's old news but anyway...

http://www.downvids.net/concert-foot...a--587920.html

well, at least it was new to me - haven't seen that before. thanks a lot for sharing, zoork_1!
:thumbsup:

zoork_1 04-09-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazy poker (Post 1164319)
well, at least it was new to me - haven't seen that before. thanks a lot for sharing, zoork_1!
:thumbsup:

No problema... :)

LesPaul7 04-09-2015 05:54 PM

That was really cool. Bill Graham was awesome. It's too bad the camera man focused on the wrong instruments during the solo.....happened a lot back then!

BklynBlue 04-09-2015 10:17 PM

Very interesting – thanks for posting
Looks like the unedited A and B roll footage (B roll would have been shot without sound, something to cut in with sound laid over it) for the local newscast –
It is doubtful that the crew filmed too much of Fleetwood Mac’s set – nice that you get to hear a little of ‘Stop Messin’ Round’ and Kirwan’s ‘Something Inside of Me’
Interestingly, no bootlegs (that I know of) have surfaced from any of the shows played during that run, January 16th through the 19th, 1969 –
The Shrine show was taped just a few days later

zoork_1 04-12-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesPaul7 (Post 1164372)
That was really cool. Bill Graham was awesome. It's too bad the camera man focused on the wrong instruments during the solo.....happened a lot back then!

Thanks, it's so annoying that so little was filmed from FM shows... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by BklynBlue (Post 1164378)
Very interesting – thanks for posting. [...]...[...]. Interestingly, no bootlegs (that I know of) have surfaced from any of the shows played during that run, January 16th through the 19th, 1969 – The Shrine show was taped just a few days later

Thanks, I'll check my lists and see If I have any notes on recordings, etc,

dino 04-19-2015 03:37 AM

Thanks!

The first, ultra-short, song clip is actually "Lazy Poker Blues".

lazy poker 04-19-2015 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 1164880)
Thanks!

The first, ultra-short, song clip is actually "Lazy Poker Blues".

yes, indeed! ;) :thumbsup:

Ms Moose 04-25-2015 07:11 AM

Wouldn't it be nice.....?

Thank you very much for the upload! Any little snap of film is a discovery.

Great to see and hear Bill Graham. But with regard to The Mac I can only agree with everybody else here: What a shame that the camera is turned the wrong way and that the photographer is placed on the wrong side of the stage, and what a pity that there is so little footage of Fleetwood Mac concerts in that period. We must hope for that special attic (in the skye?) to be discovered and cleared out, discovering loads of rolls of film from Fleetwood Mac concerts in the 60's:blob2:

Ms Moose:woohoo:

zoork_1 04-28-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 1165195)
[...]... [...] We must hope for that special attic (in the skye?) to be discovered and cleared out, discovering loads of rolls of film from Fleetwood Mac concerts in the 60's:blob2:

I wish we could find a way to lay our hands on the film that was shot in Njårdhallen 1969. My guess is that it's possible but it will take a huge collective effort... :confused:

Ms Moose 04-29-2015 03:46 PM

I remember a thread here some years ago where this same topic was discussed. A norwegian ledge (was it Dino?) had actually made a huge effort to try and get hold of this film, but the norwegian state television (NKT?) would not release the film from its vaults. As long as the film still exists there should be a chance though.

I read somewhere. where that BBC erased a lot of music film tapes from the sixties. This is close to burning books, in my opinion:laugh:

zoork_1 04-29-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 1165418)
I remember a thread here some years ago where this same topic was discussed. A norwegian ledge (was it Dino?) had actually made a huge effort to try and get hold of this film, but the norwegian state television (NKT?) would not release the film from its vaults. As long as the film still exists there should be a chance though.

I actually made a huge effort to get hold of this film, even tried to engage a Doctor of Philosophy working as a music and fine arts journalist in the "project"....:shrug:

THD 04-30-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 1165418)
I read somewhere. where that BBC erased a lot of music film tapes from the sixties. This is close to burning books, in my opinion:laugh:

Yes they did this in early70's to release the (expensive) tapes for re use -what a mistake They threw the telecine copies out as rubbish in skips !.However, on the bright side, they would have sent out copies or film trasnscriptions to other broadcasting organisations round the word -many of whom have probably still got these in their vaults and they may be rediscovered. Take the example of the recent find of two "lost "Dr Who Stories found in storage in Africa (my dad was in one of these but that's another story .......)

Ms Moose 04-30-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoork_1 (Post 1165422)
I actually made a huge effort to get hold of this film, even tried to engage a Doctor of Philosophy working as a music and fine arts journalist in the "project"....:shrug:

It must have been you I was thinking of then. But you are swedish, aren't you? :o

THD's post makes you think that there could be treasures hidden in obscure places....sigh...:distress: