The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How would Christine have been portrayed in The Drummer movie. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53780)

Wdm6789 06-04-2014 03:15 PM

How would Christine have been portrayed in The Drummer movie.

I made a thread about this a while ago simply asking what happened to the movie and it got cancelled or something. What do you guys think Christine's role in that movie would have been like?

I was wanting to see Christine and Dennis smoke weed and do coke and get drunk a lot.

michelej1 06-04-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1131763)
I made a thread about this a while ago simply asking what happened to the movie and it got cancelled or something. What do you guys think Christine's role in that movie would have been like?

I don't know, but I should have asked her in that Q & A what she thought of the proposed movie and of Vera Farmiga playing her.

Michele

applebucked 06-04-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1131772)
I don't know, but I should have asked her in that Q & A what she thought of the proposed movie and of Vera Farmiga playing her.

Michele

They did limit the questions to songwriting related ones so even if you did it wouldn't have been included but I wish I had an idea too.

louielouie2000 06-05-2014 10:39 AM

I hate so badly that movie was shelved... the casting of Vera as Christine was brilliant. I think Vera would have absolutely nailed the part. That being said, I guess we'll never know how Christine was to be showcased in the movie. Obviously they would have made her yet another thing Dennis sacrificed at the alter of addiction. But would she have been portrayed as strong or crumbling? There's almost no public information on how Christine dealt with her rocky engagement to Dennis, and his eventual death.

jbrownsjr 06-05-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1131791)
I hate so badly that movie was shelved... the casting of Vera as Christine was brilliant. I think Vera would have absolutely nailed the part. That being said, I guess we'll never know how Christine was to be showcased in the movie. Obviously they would have made her yet another thing Dennis sacrificed at the alter of addiction. But would she have been portrayed as strong or crumbling? There's almost no public information on how Christine dealt with her rocky engagement to Dennis, and his eventual death.

She did mention her reaction when she found out. From what I remember, she wasn't horribly upset. More like silent or not surprised. Damn I wish I could remember.

Michele?

michelej1 06-05-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1131818)
She did mention her reaction when she found out. From what I remember, she wasn't horribly upset. More like silent or not surprised. Damn I wish I could remember.

Michele?

She may have commented on it more than once. But at one point she said, "My secretary called me up and said 'Dennis has drowned' and I said, 'Ooh God, is he alright?' Shock, I suppose.'"

Quote:

Well we'd split up before all that but yes, obviously, I've had to ask myself the same question. Why do people stay with people? Cuz they love them, I guess. And I loved him for a while. He was very charismatic, great looking, very charming, very cute, if you can call a guy with a beard and voice like Satan'cute. He used to draw people into his life, strangers off planes and off the streets, and they'd become his best friends. I think I mothered him, to be honest. He used to go off and I wouldn't see him for days, and days, and then he'd come back and I'd mother him and get him all nice and sober and then he'd go off and go crazy again. It's one of those things. Opposites attract.