The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Way to throw the game, Packers. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12795)

GardenStateGirlie 01-11-2004 08:27 PM

Way to throw the game, Packers.

That was the biggest bunch of BS I've ever watched in my life. They should have beat the crap out of the Eagles. Thus, reaffirming my belief in the fact that pro football= fixed.

GypsySorcerer 01-11-2004 08:58 PM

I love the Packers, but I had the feeling the Eagles were going to win.

Favre made the costly error, but the Packers really should have gone for the 4th down instead of punting at the end of regulation.

I guess I'm rooting for the Patriots now.

~Krista

wondergirl9847 01-11-2004 11:52 PM

ANYONE ELSE!!

ANYONE but the Eagles!! UGH!! :(

GardenStateGirlie 01-11-2004 11:58 PM

Re: ANYONE ELSE!!

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
My family (uncles included) might be the only Eagle haters around. We're SUPPOSED to be Eagles fans (NJ has no team even though the Giants play in the Meadowlands) so people in South Jersey are all about the Eagles. Not this household.

It's okay though. I have a feeling they'll unfortunately beat Carolina but there is NO CHANCE they'll win the super bowl...the two teams they might be playing against? Heh. Good. Luck. Eagles. I'm just tired of people coming into various places and belting out the Eagles fight song and randomly screaming GO EAGLES like they've got torrets or something...lol

estranged4life 01-12-2004 12:07 AM

Well...

all 4 of the teams I wanted to win were beaten this weekend (My beloved Rams, Titans, Packers & Chiefs) so don't feel bad...

But at least the Chiefs lost to the Colts who I do like so I don't feel TOTALLY defeated.

Brian "Only 34 days til the Daytona 500" j.

Lee 01-12-2004 03:29 PM

E - A - G - L - E - S !!!

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Are you kidding? It's the Eagles all the way! Hey, I know the win wasn't pretty, but we'll take it. Oh, and thanks Brett.

Lee :)

Jen77 01-12-2004 06:50 PM

:wavey:

The Packers are my team:nod: but what was Brett thinking:distress: I still love him/them though:laugh:

Jen~*

GardenStateGirlie 01-12-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jen77
:wavey:

The Packers are my team:nod: but what was Brett thinking:distress: I still love him/them though:laugh:

Jen~*

I have no idea what Brett was thinking...oh wait...he wasn't! :laugh: Sheesh...

And Lee? Okay, well, you live in DE...I can let you go for being an Eagles fan I suppose :nod: :D How bout' that little kid that sings the national anthem? Did you see the interview on ABC w/him? He's so adorable!

chiliD 01-12-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
Favre made the costly error, but the Packers really should have gone for the 4th down instead of punting at the end of regulation.

When a team allows the opponent to get a first down when it is FOURTH AND TWENTY-SIX, they deserve to lose. :nod:

Rob67 01-12-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by chiliD
When a team allows the opponent to get a first down when it is FOURTH AND TWENTY-SIX, they deserve to lose. :nod:
And what's with this throwing sh*t when they had over 200 yards rushing in the game...RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

Rob:cool:

Merf 01-13-2004 04:17 AM

I was SO ticked off that the Packers lost. I guess wearing my cheesehead hat didn't work.

Now my beloved CAROLINA PANTHERS have to play in Philly next week. It will be difficult, but I have faith in the guys. It ain't over yet!!!

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

Siri Ruane 01-13-2004 07:50 PM

I was so proud of the Eagles that game. :D

Has had predicted the super bowl to be Philly and Tennessee, but those stupid Patriots got in my way! Now its going to be Indianapolis and Philly.

Merf, that Carolina/St. Louis last week was an AWESOME game. Even though I was rooting for St. Louis, it was deffinetly one of the best football game's I've ever watched.

darklinensuit 01-13-2004 10:33 PM

My loyalty is to the Eagles, though I could have lived with a Green Bay win, being a former Wisconsin college boy.

- Jake

darklinensuit 01-13-2004 10:35 PM

Re: Re: ANYONE ELSE!!

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I'm just tired of people coming into various places and belting out the Eagles fight song and randomly screaming GO EAGLES like they've got torrets or something...lol
You're sure they're not screaming "Oh, seagulls!" over there in South Jersey?:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 01-13-2004 10:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: ANYONE ELSE!!

Quote:

Originally posted by darklinensuit
You're sure they're not screaming "Oh, seagulls!" over there in South Jersey?:wavey:

- Jake

<-----hates you :nod: ;)

One of these days, Jake...one of these days :nod: