The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Definitive Christine McVie Song Contest (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52311)

MacShadowsBall 07-08-2013 11:38 PM

The Definitive Christine McVie Song Contest

Here's the list of Christine McVie's songs (124 songs!) from her Chicken Shack, Solo, and Fleetwood Mac albums. Remember the idea is to condense Christine's entire catalog down to the definitive 18 songs. Please look over this list and let me know if a song(s) needs to be added/removed. Any ideas/complaints/questions let me know! :cool:
  • Polls will be done chronologically on the Christine forum
  • Possible combining some of the Pre-Rumours era albums
  • Two polls each for Christine Perfect and In the Meantime (due to the limit of 10 songs per poll)
  • Multiple choice polls, maybe with a choice limit
  • Songs must get at least 50% votes to move forward in the contest

****Songs that are moving forward are highlighted in blue. ****

Chicken Shack - 1968/1969
Poll #1 - When the Train Comes Back; You Ain't No Good; Get Like You Used to Be; A Woman is the Blues; I Wanna See My Baby; Mean Old World

Madison Blues - 1969/1970
Poll #2 - Hey Baby; It's You I Miss; Gone Into the Sun; Tell Me You Need Me; Lonely Without You

Christine Perfect - 1970
Poll #3 - Crazy 'Bout You Baby; I'm on My Way; Let Me Go; Wait and See; Close to Me; I'd Rather Go Blind;
Poll #4 - When You Say; And That's Saying Lot; No Road, Right Road; For You; I'm Too Far Gone; I Want You

Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin - 1971/1972/1973
Poll #5 - Show Me a Smile; Morning Rain; Spare Me a Little; Homeward Bound; Did You Ever Love Me; Remember Me; Dissatisfied

Mystery to Me, Heroes Are Hard to Find - 1973/1974
Poll #6 - Why; Believe Me; Just Crazy Love; The Way I Feel; Come Little Bit Closer; Heroes Are Hard to Find; Prove Your Love; Bad Loser

Fleetwood Mac - 1975
Poll #7 - Say You Love Me; Over My Head; Warm Ways; Sugar Daddy; World Turning

Rumours - 1977
Poll #8 - You Make Loving Fun; Songbird; Don't Stop; Oh Daddy; The Chain

Tusk, Live - 1979/1980
Brown Eyes; Think about Me; Over and Over; Never Forget; Honey Hi; Never Make Me Cry; One More Night

Mirage - 1982
Hold Me; Love in Store; Only Over You; Wish You Were Here

Christine McVie - 1984
Love Will Show Us How; The Challenge; So Excited; One in a Million; Ask Anybody; Got a Hold on Me; Who's Dreaming This Dream; I'm the One; Keeping Secrets; The Smile I Live For

Tango in the Night - 1986/1987
Can't Help Falling in Love; Little Lies; Isn't It Midnight; Everywhere; Mystified; You & I Part 1; You & I Part 2; Ricky

GH, Behind the Mask, The Chain - 1988/1989/1990/1992
As Long As You Follow; Roll with Me, Henry; Save Me; Behind the Mask; Skies the Limit; Do You Know; Heart of Stone; Love Shines

Time, The Dance - 1995/1997
Nights in Estoril; Hollywood; I Do; Sooner or Later; All Over Again; Temporary One

In the Meantime - 2004
Friend; You Are; Northern Star; Bad Journey; Anything is Possible; Calumny; So Sincere
Easy Come, Easy Go; Liar; Sweet Revenge; Forgiveness; Givin' It Back; Come Out to Play

holidayroad 07-09-2013 10:47 AM

Maybe 'Can't Help Falling In Love' (from A Fine Mess soundtrack (1986) ) and 'Roll With Me, Henry' (from Rock, Rhythm, and Blues (1989) ) should be included. (?) She didn't write either song, but some fans may want them included, just for the sake of completeness.

Blueletter18 07-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 1098323)
Maybe 'Can't Help Falling In Love' (from A Fine Mess soundtrack (1986) ) and 'Roll With Me, Henry' (from Rock, Rhythm, and Blues (1989) ) should be included. (?) She didn't write either song, but some fans may want them included, just for the sake of completeness.

Yes, because she didn't write "I'd Rather Go Blind" either...

MacShadowsBall 07-09-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 1098323)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueletter18 (Post 1098328)
Yes, because she didn't write "I'd Rather Go Blind" either...

I'm fine with adding "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "Roll With Me, Henry". I'm not aware of the second one, but as long as Christine is singing lead/duet on a song, then it counts. "Can't help falling in love" can be added to the Tango era list, and "Roll with Me Henry" can be added to Behind the Mask era list.

Even though she didn't write "I'd Rather Go Blind" it is still on her solo album, I think it should count also. :cool:

Villavic 07-09-2013 10:38 PM

I see bootlegs and demos are not included... so I can't vote for Christine's version of Gypsy :laugh::laugh:
Just kidding.

MacShadowsBall 07-09-2013 11:06 PM

I know right!

I thought it best to exclude demo's as that can get into a murky area. :cool:

nicepace 07-10-2013 12:15 PM

How about also including "Gone Into the Sun" and the other songs of hers from the Madison Blues compilation?

I think a good rule for inclusion would be: any studio or live recording appearing on an official release, on which she is the lead singer (or co-lead singer). It shouldn't matter if it was recorded by Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Christine solo, or another artist.

MacShadowsBall 07-10-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1098408)
How about also including "Gone Into the Sun" and the other songs of hers from the Madison Blues compilation?

I'm not familiar with that song or this compilation. The person I contacted as Christine expert is MIA! Tell us more about this Madison Blues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1098408)
I think a good rule for inclusion would be: any studio or live recording appearing on an official release, on which she is the lead singer (or co-lead singer). It shouldn't matter if it was recorded by Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Christine solo, or another artist.

Exactly what I'm going after. Christine's complete song catalog. :cool:

nicepace 07-11-2013 08:37 AM

Madison Blues is a three-disk box set released in 2003 of recordings from the post-Peter Green transitional period. It starts off with a set of four songs by Christine with the band with whom she recorded her solo record. The four songs are "Hey Baby," "It's You I Miss," "Gone Into the Sun," and "Tell Me You Need Me." Any list of all of Christine's songs should have those. (I personally think "Gone Into the Sun" is a great, great song.)

Much of the rest of the compilation consists of live recordings, some of which feature vocals by Christine. Some of the live songs she sings also appear as studio recordings, but there is one live song ("Lonely Without You") that to my knowledge isn't on any of her studio recordings, so I'd include that on a definitive list, too.

Here is some info on the comp: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=403.

By the way, the compilation also includes that fabulous "lost" song by Danny Kirwan, "Purple Dancer."

nicepace 07-11-2013 08:57 AM

Another song to add to the list is "Come Out To Play," the unreleased track from In the Meantime.

jbrownsjr 07-11-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1098452)
Madison Blues is a three-disk box set released in 2003 of recordings from the post-Peter Green transitional period. It starts off with a set of four songs by Christine with the band with whom she recorded her solo record. The four songs are "Hey Baby," "It's You I Miss," "Gone Into the Sun," and "Tell Me You Need Me." Any list of all of Christine's songs should have those. (I personally think "Gone Into the Sun" is a great, great song.)

Much of the rest of the compilation consists of live recordings, some of which feature vocals by Christine. Some of the live songs she sings also appear as studio recordings, but there is one live song ("Lonely Without You") that to my knowledge isn't on any of her studio recordings, so I'd include that on a definitive list, too.

Here is some info on the comp: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=403.

By the way, the compilation also includes that fabulous "lost" song by Danny Kirwan, "Purple Dancer."

You beat me to the punch!! I agree these are very good tunes as well!!

MacShadowsBall 07-11-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1098452)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1098453)
Another song to add to the list is "Come Out To Play," the unreleased track from In the Meantime.

Thanks for that information, nicepace. I might I have to call on you in the future as a Christine expert.

I'll add these songs - Hey Baby; It's You I Miss; Gone Into the Sun; Tell Me You Need Me; Lonely Without You - in a poll by themselves titled Madison Blues, after her Chicken Shack songs and before the Christine Perfect album.

I'll add "Come Out to Play" to the In the Meantime poll.

Anything else Ledgies, let me know! :cool:

jbrownsjr 07-12-2013 10:11 AM

I think it's a fantastic list. Thanks for posting this. I better get to work.

MacShadowsBall 07-12-2013 11:02 AM

I'll get the first poll for Christine's Chicken Shack songs tonight. Please read the first post in this thread for contest rules/regulations. I hope we get a lot of Ledgie turn out for this contest. I don't think this forum gets noticed much.

:cool:

MacShadowsBall 07-17-2013 04:19 PM

Still need to name what this collection shall be called.

Over and Over, So Excited, and Just Perfect have all been suggested by Ledgies so far. I've been calling it "The Definitive Christine McVie Collection".

:cool: