The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood on Social Media (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57779)

elle 04-12-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1222927)
Eh I am willing to give Chris the benefit of the doubt. If it came down to a vote, she could have sided with keeping him and still been outvoted. Whereas Lindsey tired of the same old, Chris has been away and it hasnt had the time to get old for her yet so she likely opted to stay on board.

look in LB forum. Rick Turner (creator of Turner Model 1) just described some of what happened, and ok'ed to post it on TL). There's interesting bit about Chris. she may have considered showing up on LB solo dates. in between Mac dates.

HomerMcvie 04-12-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1222939)
look in LB forum. Rick Turner (creator of Turner Model 1) just described some of what happened, and ok'ed to post it on TL). There's interesting bit about Chris. she may have considered showing up on LB solo dates. in between Mac dates.

A link???????

HomerMcvie 04-12-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1222919)
We already knew that Mick is one of the most grasping ,greedy and venal characters in the history of Rock so this latest debacle should come as no big surprise as far as he is concerned .The more shocking player in all of this is Christine. I guess her treatment of Bob Welch should have been a warning but she is coming off as a heartless and greedy old crone.Stevie has not been able to stand Lindsey for over 40 years so her wanting him out is not exactly a revelation nor will it much of surprise if she participates in a new "Fleetwood Mac" album now.

Yep. It took me a couple of years to (semi) forgive her for her treatment of Bob, keeping him out of the HOF.

We all know that Stevie's a bitter, old, narcissistic loon...but I've always thought Christine was above that. I guess I've been wrong, all these years. I'm so disappointed in her. Beyond words.

elle 04-13-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1222944)
A link???????

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...3&postcount=25

it would have been spectacular. and your heroine was considering dropping in on LB's tour in between Mac's dates.

HomerMcvie 04-13-2018 12:43 AM

Thank you.

jenniferuk 04-13-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1222947)
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...3&postcount=25

it would have been spectacular. and your heroine was considering dropping in on LB's tour in between Mac's dates.

Oh my, this is perhaps the toughest news for me to read. What a fabulous musical year we would have experienced!! I struggle with my feelings about all of this but primarily about Chris. I'd like to think that she either signed contracts & needs to get on with it or she wants to play in whatever form & opted to let the others fight it out. I've long ago accepted that she's no saint and I hope this isn't an end to her music (but no Lindsey = no new music). It saddens me that, for now, I can't even listen to FM music or envision seeing CM & JM (my two favourite musicians) on stage again as I don't think I can handle GYOW, Tusk, etc without LB.

How unfortunate.

There are so many posts and threads here and elsewhere but I'd like to say thank you to Elle for somehow finding the stamina to have the same circular discussion over and over and over. Many of us read and heard rumours these past few weeks & months and you've made a concerted effort to share facts and details, whilst maintaining the confidence of your friends and contacts. I don't understand why people don't accept that some people here aren't speculating, but sharing what is possible to share. Thank you for your efforts & energy (and to the others attempting to do the same with what they know to be fact).

StreetAngel86 04-14-2018 05:34 AM

so it seems to me
this all would have worked fine having both tours simultaneously

FM show day off/Lindsey show FM tour day off. day off/lindsey tour. FM show.

Don't see how it could cost that much money, doesn't lindsey have his own band? he'd be responsible for that. FM would already be in X location and their usual days off.

realistically they COULD have negotiated some kind of workable arrangement.

HOWEVER

I could see Stevie being p!ssed as all $h!t about this and rightly so. not that i think she'd ever want to tour in the middle of an FM show but that Lindsey didn't have to hold back his tour and she did ...

was there anything about what they fought about in January out there? if they did fight about anything...

FuzzyPlum 04-14-2018 06:07 AM

What makes it more difficult for Lindsey is that he's not the type to sit around twiddling his thumbs. He wants to be active, doing stuff. For him to have days off between shows is hell, I'm sure.

That said, his voice fell apart towards the end of the last tour from what I can remember. Doing the FM shows and the singing at his own concerts may have been beyond him. I guess it depends on how many shows he would have done. I'm sure it wouldn't have been literally the same number of Mac shows.

lennonfan 04-14-2018 10:36 AM

Ha! the battle of the solo tours.

gldstwmn 04-14-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1223120)

I could see Stevie being p!ssed as all $h!t about this and rightly so. not that i think she'd ever want to tour in the middle of an FM show but that Lindsey didn't have to hold back his tour and she did ...

So pissed that she was going to show up and do a song or two with him?

jbrownsjr 04-14-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1223153)
So pissed that she was going to show up and do a song or two with him?

No, Christine was going to join. Not $tevie. Probably, a few BuckVie tunes.

button-lip 04-14-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1223156)
No, Christine was going to join. Not $tevie. Probably, a few BuckVie tunes.

Hitler on his grave winning a Nobel Peace prize is more likely to happen than Stevie singing with Lindsey on his solo tour. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The woman hates him.

jwd 04-14-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1223173)
Hitler on his grave winning a Nobel prize is more likely to happen than Stevie singing with Lindsey on his solo tour. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The woman hates him.

She sang with him on his Soundstage show. :shrug:

button-lip 04-14-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1223200)
She sang with him on his Soundstage show. :shrug:

How many years ago? And it was taped.

jwd 04-14-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1223205)
How many years ago?

In the grand scheme of things, fairly recently. What difference does that make anyway? Not like she would never do it.