The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BuckFleetwood (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59298)

jbrownsjr 07-23-2021 05:28 PM

Yes, after Tusk, nobody trusted him for solo work. He made enemies of the commerce folks.

BLY 07-23-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268368)
It's weird for me to love something so....eclectic. I'm more mainstream than that. But I was at the height of my fandom. I f*cking LOVE it.

Wellll... it's... a....long, long time.....So f*cking quirky!

And I totally agree. OOTC OOTG(out of the gate) would have led him down a far more popular path. But quirky guy doesn't show his face much these days.:(

As I have said many times before…If OOTC was released in 1988 or 1989 this album would have been a mega hit.

HomerMcvie 07-23-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1268386)
As I have said many times before…If OOTC was released in 1988 or 1989 this album would have been a mega hit.

HE seems to pray to the commercial gods these days.........do you think he has regrets over not doing so when he was young?

It's obviously better for your bottom line to sell a million, than 10K. But he's single again, so....

jbrownsjr 07-27-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268389)
HE seems to pray to the commercial gods these days.........do you think he has regrets over not doing so when he was young?

It's obviously better for your bottom line to sell a million, than 10K. But he's single again, so....

The goal should always be to create something you're happy with. Because if it fails, you don't make any $$ nor do you like it!

aleuzzi 07-27-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268358)
Law and Order is my FAVORITE Lindsey album. I love every note on it!

I love it, too. In my estimation, only OOTC is better, but even then it was Lindsey's quirky originality on Law and Order that formed the blueprint for his solo career. Few homemade projects sound as alternately sophisticated and deranged as this.

HomerMcvie 07-27-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268442)
I love it, too. In my estimation, only OOTC is better, but even then it was Lindsey's quirky originality on Law and Order that formed the blueprint for his solo career. Few homemade projects sound as alternately sophisticated and deranged as this.

It sounds as though it was created by a madman. I love it!

I wish we still had that Lindsey, and not the one who's now willing to be $tevie's neutered lap dog.

ryan4136 07-28-2021 04:54 AM

Folks, this all ends with a massive reunion concert, and a couple (not many) dates. Probably a couple nights in NYC, Vegas, and LA. For astronomical ticket prices. Unless someone kicks the bucket before that.

ITS ALL TOO PREDICTABLE

HomerMcvie 07-28-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1268448)
Folks, this all ends with a massive reunion concert, and a couple (not many) dates. Probably a couple nights in NYC, Vegas, and LA. For astronomical ticket prices. Unless someone kicks the bucket before that.

ITS ALL TOO PREDICTABLE

I don't want to see it. The minute $tevie and Lindsey hold hands and kiss, I WILL BE SPEWING VOMIT ON ANYONE IN MY VICINITY.

Macfan4life 07-28-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1268448)
Folks, this all ends with a massive reunion concert, and a couple (not many) dates. Probably a couple nights in NYC, Vegas, and LA. For astronomical ticket prices. Unless someone kicks the bucket before that.

ITS ALL TOO PREDICTABLE

I've said this for years too.

I can only imagine the price for Mick's meet and greets for such a short tour :eek:

jbrownsjr 07-28-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268453)
I've said this for years too.

I can only imagine the price for Mick's meet and greets for such a short tour :eek:

And you can tell he doesn't even want to do them.

BombaySapphire3 07-29-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268462)
And you can tell he doesn't even want to do them.

Yeah but he is a shameless whore. They would have to pay me to meet him.

Macfan4life 07-30-2021 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1268386)
As I have said many times before…If OOTC was released in 1988 or 1989 this album would have been a mega hit.

I am not a huge Tango fan. But if you could switch out Lindsey's Tango songs for OOTC songs, then I would be converted to be officially a Tango lover. Keep the title track for the album. I can only imagine:

Tango in the Night
Seven Wonders
Everywhere
Countdown
Soul Drifter
Mystified

Little Lies
Welcome to the Room Sara
Doing What I can
Isn't It Midnight
Wrong
When I see you again

Now THIS is a fantastic Mac album. Lindsey's Tango songs are really solo songs anyway.

BombaySapphire3 07-30-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1268484)
I am not a huge Tango fan. But if you could switch out Lindsey's Tango songs for OOTC songs, then I would be converted to be officially a Tango lover. Keep the title track for the album. I can only imagine:

Tango in the Night
Seven Wonders
Everywhere
Countdown
Soul Drifter
Mystified

Little Lies
Welcome to the Room Sara
Doing What I can
Isn't It Midnight
Wrong
When I see you again

Now THIS is a fantastic Mac album. Lindsey's Tango songs are really solo songs anyway.

Sorry but no album with the two Nicks duds still on it can qualify as fantastic. Stevie had been a strong link on the first four albums with Fleetwood Mac .What a precipitous slide.

Macfan4life 07-30-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1268491)
Sorry but no album with the two Nicks duds still on it can qualify as fantastic. Stevie had been a strong link on the first four albums with Fleetwood Mac .What a precipitous slide.

Of course of course. The object was not to change what existed but switch out Lindsey solo Mac songs for solo songs.

Villavic 07-31-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1268448)
. For astronomical ticket prices.

Hypothetically assuming I didn't care for all the drama and betrayals there was, I wouldn't pay to hear those 3 ruined voices anyway. Fleetwood Mac gigs ended in 2014 to me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved