The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1998 Grammys (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14998)

SoundBoyBrad 06-23-2004 12:25 PM

1998 Grammys

Well, I'm sure this has been discussed before "back in the day," but I was just watching my copy of the 1998 Grammys and was wondering what is said at the lyrical end of "Don't Stop." It's right between when Lindsey sings "Back, back, back..." and when the camera goes back to the band doing their thing. The camera is not zoomed in, so I'm not sure either what was said or who said it. I had forgotten how much this bothers me until I watched it yesterday!! So, as always, any input would be appreciated. Thanks so much!! :)

--Brad

"Everyone sees the tear in the seam, but talks about the weather..." -- LB

"She's back on that staircase, On the way up to her place..." -- SN

"Somebody's got to see this through, All the world is laughing at you; Somebody's got to sacrifice, If this whole thing's gonna turn out right..." -- FM

mylittledemon 06-23-2004 09:56 PM

I believe its Stevie AND Christine saying "don't you look back" but one of them started singing it before the other and it sounds like gibberish.

SoundBoyBrad 06-23-2004 11:02 PM

1998 Grammys

Mylittledemon, thanks!!

I actually went back again and it sounded more like something to the effect of "See you one day." Of course, I doubt this is accurate and, even so, have no idea the significance. But I'm pretty sure it's something other than overlapping "Don't you look back"'s. :shrug:

--Brad

mylittledemon 06-24-2004 11:28 AM

Well whatever. Is it honestly that important?

I have it on a bootleg CD called "dancing again." After listening to it thru headphones I'm 99% sure this is what they are saying.

It's Christine saying "ooooh don't you..."

While Stevie is saying "look back" in a very "goaty" vibrato right at the tail end of Christine's "don't you"

Janet 06-25-2004 02:10 AM

That was so crazy! Not one critic praised that montage, it was just too hard to get the songs together. I loved it because of Lindseys coat ( ahhhhh) and just because it was the MAC! They didn't win anything though and I wish they had just done the Chain or something. Oh well :(

I never noticed that but I'll have to listen for it.

mylittledemon 06-25-2004 11:15 AM

Yeah I remember watching it on TV years ago. My dad was like what the hell are they doing? Haha...Lindsey looked really cool with that long coat on! And I agree...they should've done "The Chain" or "Silver Springs" which were the two songs they got nominated for the Grammy for. Duh!

Nicks Fan 06-25-2004 09:41 PM

Just curious who beat them in the categories they were noinated for?

Matt

Janet 06-26-2004 01:29 AM

James Taylor and Jameriquoi ( I can't spell) and the third I don't know!!! It was 3 Grammys right? Best song, best album and was it best rock song??

mylittledemon 06-26-2004 07:02 PM

best performance by a rock performance by a group (The Chain); best pop/rock performance by a group (Silver Springs) and Best Pop Album respectively I think