The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Concert openers. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53805)

jbrownsjr 06-12-2014 02:32 PM

Concert openers.

Pick 3 songs that you would like to see Fleetwood Mac open with. The tunes don't have to be realistic. (Especially after you see mine. :D)

1. Child of Mine
2. I Don't Wanna Know
3. Wrong

Macfanforever 06-12-2014 05:24 PM

Open with a Chris tune would be great.

sue 06-12-2014 05:34 PM

1) The Chain
2) Warm Ways
3) World Turning

This is my choice at the moment....but could change for sure .

BLY 06-12-2014 05:37 PM

Big Love (studio version)
Tusk
Farmers Daughter

louielouie2000 06-12-2014 06:11 PM

I still think The Chain is the best opener they've ever had. It starts off eerie, sets the mood, and gradually ramps up to a tour de force. It's perfect.

I think Sisters Of The Moon could really be a great opener if they made it more powerful again. And I'm not talking about Stevie pulling out a Mirage style vocal- we all know that's not possible. But juice up the electric guitar, crank up Mick's drums. Get Stevie to stop chanting "sister, sister..." and showcase the rocking music. Fleetwood Mac has never opened with a Stevie song. Maybe it's time?

Say You Love Me could be a great way to showcase that Chris is back.

Tusk could be fun.

KenB 06-12-2014 06:12 PM

Over and Over or Love In Store would make me very happy. But it should be a Christine song, for sure.

KenB 06-12-2014 06:13 PM

Over And Over or Love in Store would make me very, very happy. But it should be a Christine song, for sure.

Ken

jbrownsjr 06-12-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenB (Post 1132175)
Over and Over or Love In Store would make me very happy. But it should be a Christine song, for sure.

Over and Over Live is a slow burner and might just get the crowd in a frenzy... great choice!!

Nicks Fan 06-12-2014 08:12 PM

I would love to hear something that they haven't opened with before. The problem is trying to think of something that would work. While I think SYLM is the one I think they will do as a way to welcome back Chris I wouldn't mind hearing Hold Me as an opener. It would certainly be a real treat and I think the audience would be pleasantly surprised.

louielouie2000 06-12-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenB (Post 1132176)
Over And Over would make me very, very happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1132180)
Over and Over Live is a slow burner and might just get the crowd in a frenzy... great choice!!

If they broke out Over & Over as the opener I would keel over with happiness. :laugh: Though the beginning of the song is just so quiet for an opener. I'm not sure how well that would work. But it turns into such a beast later, so it could be awesome.

jbrownsjr 06-12-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1132183)
If they broke out Over & Over as the opener I would keel over with happiness. :laugh: Though the beginning of the song is just so quiet for an opener. I'm not sure how well that would work. But it turns into such a beast later, so it could be awesome.

I was ready to discount it as well. But that ending is so sublime it might feed right into, The Chain.

mottabam 06-12-2014 08:36 PM

^ I agree with the above comment that The Chain is probably the best opener they have had although it also fits nicely as the 2nd song of the set.

I also would love them to open with Think About Me or Say You Love Me. Not sure how You Make Loving Fun would be for an opener but it is one of my favs from Christine.

jbrownsjr 06-12-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1132185)
^ I agree with the above comment that The Chain is probably the best opener they have had although it also fits nicely as the 2nd song of the set.

I also would love them to open with Think About Me or Say You Love Me. Not sure how You Make Loving Fun would be for an opener but it is one of my favs from Christine.

You know... thinking about it... You Make Lovin Fun wouldn't be so bad. We all know that is going to be in the set list. I'd bet my house on it

jcalzaretta 06-12-2014 09:21 PM

My dream opener and it should have been last tour. I Don't Wanna Know. Would be brilliant. For this tour - it will be the Chain. Don't think Chris opens. She will close with Songbird.

Iamwilliame 06-12-2014 09:35 PM

Say You Love Me
The Chain
Rhiannon