The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   John Courage, former road manager, has passed (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56502)

AncientQueen 10-23-2016 02:15 PM

John Courage, former road manager, has passed

Quote:

Sara Fleetwood just informed fans of the passing of John Courage. Rest in peace, Mr. Courage, ‘road manager extraordinaire’. Thank you for helping create that timeless magic for us.
I really hope that this is not true and I can delete this thread soon.

Danielle 10-23-2016 02:24 PM

That was posted by me (I mean, the exact words you posted here) on my blog after Sara Fleetwood posted about his passing on facebook. She's very upset about it, as you'd expect. Why would she lie about it?

elle 10-23-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1194298)
I really hope that this is not true and I can delete this thread soon.

unfortunately, it's true.

can mods change the title of the thread into something indicated that John Courage died today?

such a nice and classy guy.

AncientQueen 10-23-2016 02:36 PM

Maybe a new Thread? I thought that I can change the title, my mistake.

AncientQueen 10-23-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle (Post 1194299)
That was posted by me (I mean, the exact words you posted here) on my blog after Sara Fleetwood posted about his passing on facebook. She's very upset about it, as you'd expect. Why would she lie about it?

I saw it on Tumblr and not on facebook. I don't think that Sara would lie about it, but somone could make it up in her name. It's the internet after all.

Danielle 10-23-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1194304)
I saw it on Tumblr and not on facebook. I don't think that Sara would lie about it, but somone could make it up in her name. It's the internet after all.

You've got a point, I'm sorry I got so defensive. The tumblr you mentioned is mine and I try hard to be accurate and I wouldn't have posted it if the source weren't reputable.

AncientQueen 10-23-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle (Post 1194306)
You've got a point, I'm sorry I got so defensive. The tumblr you mentioned is mine and I try hard to be accurate and I wouldn't have posted it if the source weren't reputable.

I just tried to be careful. And I'm pretty upset about Mr. Courages passing.
Rest in peace.

Macfan4life 10-23-2016 04:39 PM

Very sad. John had quite the book in him if he ever wanted to spill the beans.

HomerMcvie 10-23-2016 04:39 PM

Oh no!!!:(

He seemed like such a nice guy! We were only "facebook friends", but he often commented on my things, and I on his(after he began with mine, I felt comfortable commenting on his).

This is a sad day...

sleepless child 10-23-2016 06:17 PM

I saw this also on Sara's Facebook page. Very sad news indeed. He most certainly would have lots of stories if he had ever written a book. Even though I didn't know him personally, I feel like I knew him through my love of Fleetwood Mac. I recently watched the 77 backstage video of the band when they were in Japan and there are many moments of JC on camera. After reading Mick and Carol and Ken's books, you feel like you got to know everyone involved with the Mac.

louielouie2000 10-23-2016 07:48 PM

I hate to hear this; he was definitely way too young. If anyone has any pictures of John through his or Sara Fleetwood's Facebook pages (or anywhere) they'd like to post in this thread, I think that would be great.

Danielle 10-23-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1194328)
I hate to hear this; he was definitely way too young. If anyone has any pictures of John through his or Sara Fleetwood's Facebook pages (or anywhere) they'd like to post in this thread, I think that would be great.

This one was posted on his facebook page by a friend of his and I thought was simply stunning...

http://i.imgur.com/czYIdor.jpg

Macfanforever 10-24-2016 02:06 AM

I so sorry to hear this sad news.What a bad year.Prayer and condolences go out to his family and friends including Stevie and the Mac family.

The Catdancer 10-24-2016 06:23 AM

This such sad news. Goodnight, Colonel thanks for making my dreams come true.

SisterNightroad 10-24-2016 09:42 AM

This is truly sad, do we know anything about the curcumstances of his passing?
How old was he? He wasn't very old.