The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Annie - the Movie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12869)

Gypsy-Rhiannon 01-19-2004 06:16 AM

Annie - the Movie

So I saw this film when it was released in 81. I was 10 and it was one of my fave films at the time. I spotted it was on TV the other day so I sat down to watch it with Rhiannon (she's 7). And it was a bloody remake! Why did the bother!! LOL! I had to go out and buy the original. You just can't beat Carol Burnette as Miss Hannigan. She IS the film IMO! And I'm sad to say I still knew all the words to the songs :rolleyes:

darklinensuit 01-19-2004 10:18 AM

Re: Annie - the Movie

Quote:

Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
So I saw this film when it was released in 81. I was 10 and it was one of my fave films at the time. I spotted it was on TV the other day so I sat down to watch it with Rhiannon (she's 7). And it was a bloody remake! Why did the bother!! LOL! I had to go out and buy the original. You just can't beat Carol Burnette as Miss Hannigan. She IS the film IMO! And I'm sad to say I still knew all the words to the songs :rolleyes:
Carol Burnett was the only thing I liked in that movie, to be honest. I saw part of the TV one & it was more lighthearted - no drawn out ferris wheel chase, etc.
I'm not a big fan of musicals anyway, but Annie is perhaps the one I like least, whether the movie or not.
Growing up it seemed that the girls all liked Annie & the boys all liked the Three Stooges, a great gender divide.

- Jake

dissention 01-19-2004 10:29 AM

Carol Burnett was the ONLY good thing about that flick. :nod: Even Bernadette Peters and Tim Curry left me a bit cold, and they are usually FANTASTIC.

I liked the remake a bit more because Kathy Bates is just, well, amazing. And I love Victor Garber, too. :D

GardenStateGirlie 01-19-2004 01:56 PM

It's a CLASSIC! I own the movie and have seen it probably a thousand times. I like Victor Garber but c'mon....nothing beats the original movie with Albert Finney, Anne Reinking, Bernadette Peters, Tim Curry and Carol Burnette :nod:

dissention 01-19-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
It's a CLASSIC! I own the movie and have seen it probably a thousand times. I like Victor Garber but c'mon....nothing beats the original movie with Albert Finney, Anne Reinking, Bernadette Peters, Tim Curry and Carol Burnette :nod:
Sorry, it makes me cringe in agony. :laugh:

The only parts I like are the "Little Girls" and "Easy Street" numbers; those are fab. The rest...eh.

On a side note, anyone remember Aileen Quinn (the girl who played Annie) starring in one of the Cannon Movie Tales, "The Frog Prince"? Helen Hunt was in it, too. I *love* the Cannon Movie Tales. :nod: :laugh:

strandinthewind 01-19-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
ITA - AND I have been known to belt out "Tommorow" at will and often. I just love it and the movie, esp. Carol B.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 01-19-2004 04:17 PM

I have been singin along... I have to admit! Heheh.. I do love this film. My daughter is obsessed with it and wants us to do our own Annie play... A bit tricky as there are only 4 of us in thie family. This is her cast list:

Annie - played by Rhiannon
Miss Hannigan and Grace - played by Mummy
Daddy Warbucks and Rooster - played by Daddy
Sandy - played by Cory (her 4 yr old brother... and he is happy with being the dog! LOL!)

Pip