The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   So now that FM have been unleashed... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39261)

Gailh 03-03-2009 02:45 PM

So now that FM have been unleashed...

What are the chances of another Christine album/reworking of ITM?

Slim or none?

My vote would be none

Gail

michelej1 03-03-2009 02:57 PM

Well, we haven't seen any more clues. And March looked like it would be the time, if that was going to happen. But I would say slim.

Michele

nicepace 03-06-2009 02:18 PM

I won't say "none." But I will say "very slim."

Ulpian 03-06-2009 02:26 PM

Yeah, slim.

But I never underestimate her ability to surprise us all...

HejiraNYC 03-06-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 802091)
Well, we haven't seen any more clues. And March looked like it would be the time, if that was going to happen. But I would say slim.

Michele

What was supposed to happen in March? :shrug:

The pauseandplay website still lists "Spring 2009" as the release date for Christine's new release. I think that gives the old gal until June to let something drop. :nod:

michelej1 03-06-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 803341)
What was supposed to happen in March? :shrug:

The pauseandplay website still lists "Spring 2009" as the release date for Christine's new release. I think that gives the old gal until June to let something drop. :nod:

I guess Spring is longer than I thought! I just went with March because I thought it would coincide with FM's stuff. But FM's own CD/DVD doesn't coincide with their tour, so why should IMT?

Michele

Ulpian 03-06-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 803353)
I guess Spring is longer than I thought! I just went with March because I thought it would coincide with FM's stuff. But FM's own CD/DVD doesn't coincide with their tour, so why should IMT?

Michele

The only reason I can think of is that the economic downturn has made labels think it's not worth investing any amount into albums which won't sell large numbers. Given the sales figures for ITM, which someone alluded to here some time ago, they might think twice about a CM solo project.

They would, of course, be mad.

:]

jbrownsjr 03-06-2009 04:50 PM

Anything Is Possible

Gailh 03-07-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 803380)
Anything Is Possible

Maybe Martin Wyatt will have to talk nice to someone

Gail

Ulpian 03-07-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 803559)
Maybe Martin Wyatt will have to talk nice to someone

Gail

:lol:

BTW, I am not as repulsed by the Unleashed version of SYLM as I thought I would be. It's not as lovely as it was when Christine sang it, and Lindsey's rasp does grate a bit, but that chorus - oh how I have missed it.

Gailh 03-07-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 803566)
:lol:

BTW, I am not as repulsed by the Unleashed version of SYLM as I thought I would be. It's not as lovely as it was when Christine sang it, and Lindsey's rasp does grate a bit, but that chorus - oh how I have missed it.

I've just watched SYLM and it's not bad at all but I feel the same - God it would have been even better with the original vocalist

Don't want to talk about it

Don't want to think about it

Don't want to think about it any more

Sigh

Gail

michelej1 03-08-2009 02:00 PM

Don't you think it odd that Mick mentions Christine like that in this NY Post Interview? Has Christine been working on a solo project in the last 2 years? I will put this in my evidence bag as a clue.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03082009...air_158492.htm

So, who caved in and got the reunion going?

There really wasn't any single person doing the coercing. We've been talking about it for two years, but needed to wait for the right time. Lindsey was working on solo records, I was touring with my blues band and both Stevie and Christine [McVie, a former member] were working on projects.

vivfox 03-08-2009 02:12 PM

Unless you're Beyonce, I'd say move on (instead of re-working an album) and start on your next project.

Ulpian 03-08-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 803945)
Don't you think it odd that Mick mentions Christine like that in this NY Post Interview? Has Christine been working on a solo project in the last 2 years? I will put this in my evidence bag as a clue.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03082009...air_158492.htm

So, who caved in and got the reunion going?

There really wasn't any single person doing the coercing. We've been talking about it for two years, but needed to wait for the right time. Lindsey was working on solo records, I was touring with my blues band and both Stevie and Christine [McVie, a former member] were working on projects.

Hmmm. It's possible, but Mick's timeline is often a bit skewed. I'd say he's referring to her 04 ITM release.

nicepace 03-08-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 803945)
... both Stevie and Christine [McVie, a former member] were working on projects.

Projects? Does he mean training the dogs? Planting the garden? Riding her bike around the grounds?

This is too vague to put it into a box of clues, in my thinking. As much as I'd like to see another Chris solo record, I don't think there is any evidence that one is in the works, and this includes the listing on 'Pause and Play,' which apparently came from someone's unfounded rumour on this site!

This does NOT mean I think it's impossible that she'll put out another record ... it's just that none of the "evidence" so far collected has a shred of reliability.