The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Solo songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59149)

Villavic 02-01-2021 12:01 PM

Solo songs

So Fleetwood Mac played live Go Insane and Stand Back.

What other solo songs did you wish they had played live?

I'd choose Christine's You are, and Lindsey's Trouble.

UnwindedDreams 02-01-2021 12:19 PM

They did Has Anyone Ever...

And though it was only singing, Stevie did snippets of New Orleans in 2009 and 2013.

I wish they did Soldier's Angel on LIVE 2013. They planned to do but it didn't come through.

David 02-01-2021 02:54 PM

Leather and Lace at one Southern CA concern in 1982. They sort of made up their own chords.

The latter-day Fleetwood Mac & Friends could easily do Think About Me or The Highwayman or The Challenge or The Smile I Live For, galloping mid-tempo little ballads or slow burners.

blinker12 02-01-2021 07:12 PM

^The Challenge! I’ve been digging on that one lately after re-listening to the album.

jbrownsjr 02-01-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1263833)
^The Challenge! I’ve been digging on that one lately after re-listening to the album.

It really grows on you. :wavey:

SteveMacD 02-04-2021 09:02 PM

Christine
  • Crazy ‘Bout You, Baby
  • I’d Rather Go Blind
  • Get Like You Used To Be

Billy
  • The Bigger The Love

Dave Mason
  • We Just Disagree
  • Only You Know & I Know
  • Feelin’ Alright
  • Dear Mr. Fantasy

Neil
  • I Got You
  • Don’t Dream It’s Over

I’d argue that “Free Fallin’” counts as Stevie solo, even though Mike also played on that. They also did Bluesbreakers, Buckingham Nicks, and Zoo songs, but hard to consider those solo. And, who knows if they did anything from Jeremy’s solo album or any Savoy Brown songs?

UnwindedDreams 02-04-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263934)
I’d argue that “Free Fallin’” counts as Stevie solo, even though Mike also played on that.

Interesting. So would you say "Free Fallin" is a Tom Petty song and a Stevie Nicks song?
Would you say "Rock and Roll" is a Led Zep song and Stevie Nicks song?
Just interested.
I consider First Cut is the Deepest a Cat Stevens and Rod Stewart song

SteveMacD 02-05-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1263939)
Interesting. So would you say "Free Fallin" is a Tom Petty song and a Stevie Nicks song?
Would you say "Rock and Roll" is a Led Zep song and Stevie Nicks song?
Just interested.
I consider First Cut is the Deepest a Cat Stevens and Rod Stewart song

Obviously it’s a Tom Petty song. However, Stevie recorded her own version back in 1996 for the “Party of Five” soundtrack.

And, the Cat Steven’s FCITD is by far the superior version.

UnwindedDreams 02-05-2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263940)
Obviously it’s a Tom Petty song. However, Stevie recorded her own version back in 1996 for the “Party of Five” soundtrack.

It's not obvious to me when I read you'd argue it's Stevie solo:laugh:

If Mac did "At Last" on their next tour, would you argue it's Stevie solo?

Just interested in the reasoning!

sue 02-05-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1263940)

And, the Cat Steven’s FCITD is by far the superior version.

I prefer the PP Arnold version of Cat Steven’s song FCITD

jbrownsjr 02-05-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Christine
  • Crazy ‘Bout You, Baby
  • I’d Rather Go Blind
  • Get Like You Used To Be

Billy
  • The Bigger The Love

Dave Mason
  • We Just Disagree
  • Only You Know & I Know
  • Feelin’ Alright
  • Dear Mr. Fantasy

Neil
  • I Got You
  • Don’t Dream It’s Over

I’d argue that “Free Fallin’” counts as Stevie solo, even though Mike also played on that. They also did Bluesbreakers, Buckingham Nicks, and Zoo songs, but hard to consider those solo. And, who knows if they did anything from Jeremy’s solo album or any Savoy Brown songs?

I have a bootleg of Christine singing I'd Rather Go Blind, in San Bernardino.
Fantastic.

FuzzyPlum 02-05-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

...And, who knows if they did anything from Jeremy’s solo album...

'If I Could Swim the Mountain' apparently at The Aquae Sulis Incident festival in 1970. They had the plug pulled for playing past the set time.
To what extent it was a Fleetwood Mac performance, I'm not sure. I can imagine Jeremy standing on stage on his own warbling this to himself.

Would love for them to have played No Road is the Right Road or Got a Hold on Me.

Macfan4life 02-05-2021 03:54 PM

I am still peeved that Lindsey did not FORCE Christine to play at least one or two of her solo songs on the BuckVie tour. They did the Mac tunes, Lindsey tunes, and tons of the new material but Lindsey should have put his foot down. I know Chris is not a self fan of her solo career. This is why she needs forced.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Fleetwood Mac doing solo songs in their set. There is enough deep cuts to do. I was watching the Eagles last tour on yourtube and holy moly did they do solo songs of Don. He did like 5 solo songs in the Eagles set.

But I would take Loving Cup in any set I could hear it in (Lindsey solo or Mac)

I would much prefer to hear Nights in Estoril than any Chris solo song. That song would be killer live

HomerMcvie 02-05-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1263955)
I was watching the Eagles last tour on yourtube and holy moly did they do solo songs of Don. He did like 5 solo songs in the Eagles set.

Have you seen them since Glenn died? I went to both of their Nashville shows, and I was shocked that they didn't do ANY Don solo songs.

Macfan4life 02-05-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1263956)
Have you seen them since Glenn died? I went to both of their Nashville shows, and I was shocked that they didn't do ANY Don solo songs.

No
I was watching the last tour with Glenn. They did Boys of Summer, Sunset Grill, Dirty Laundry, All She Wants to do is dance, and New York Minute.