The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goodbye Lindsey, I hardly knew ya (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57875)

mitzo 05-04-2018 09:25 AM

Goodbye Lindsey, I hardly knew ya
 
So Lindsey has been fired from FM, they say. A sad reality for FM fans to face and I will never really understand why it happened. Maybe it isn't even my business, but anyway. It will really change the sound of the band live or (tiny remote miniscule possibility) in the studio. Lindsey, your producing was amazing. From Tusk through to SYW you took the girls' (or girl's) songs and made them real works of art. But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you? Even on Buckingham McVie you was really into yourself musically. I downloaded Christine's songs from that one, anyway, you obviously brought a lot of life to them. So, goodbye Lindsey and thanks for the magnificent legacy which lives on in Christine and Stevie's songs on FM albums. Unless you return to FM in a studio, though, we will probably never meet again, buddy.

ryan4136 05-04-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1226484)
So Lindsey has been fired from FM, they say. A sad reality for FM fans to face and I will never really understand why it happened. Maybe it isn't even my business, but anyway. It will really change the sound of the band live or (tiny remote miniscule possibility) in the studio. Lindsey, your producing was amazing. From Tusk through to SYW you took the girls' (or girl's) songs and made them real works of art. But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you? Even on Buckingham McVie you was really into yourself musically. I downloaded Christine's songs from that one, anyway, you obviously brought a lot of life to them. So, goodbye Lindsey and thanks for the magnificent legacy which lives on in Christine and Stevie's songs on FM albums. Unless you return to FM in a studio, though, we will probably never meet again, buddy.

There's always a minority opinion on every topic.

sasja 05-04-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1226492)
There's always a minority opinion on every topic.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Evidently!

WatchChain 05-04-2018 06:12 PM

I have been primarily a Stevie Nicks fan, but I don’t defend her in the face of wrong decisions. Even in my love for Stevie, I will proclaim that Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest guitarist/producers in the history of rock n roll. He is the mastermind behind what has become known as the classic Fleetwood Mac sound. Without him, Fleetwood Mac becomes bland and uninspired (reference 87-90). Moreover, if you cannot hear inspiring perfection in iconic tunes like “Never Going Back Again”, “Second Hand News”, “I Know I’m Not Wrong” and “Big Love”, you may be missing an ear for good music. The dismissal of Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac is a musical crime. Shame! I wish the current lineup no ill will, but the decision makers have made a disastrous mistake. #WhoAreYouPeople?

jwd 05-04-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1226484)
So Lindsey has been fired from FM, they say. A sad reality for FM fans to face and I will never really understand why it happened. Maybe it isn't even my business, but anyway. It will really change the sound of the band live or (tiny remote miniscule possibility) in the studio. Lindsey, your producing was amazing. From Tusk through to SYW you took the girls' (or girl's) songs and made them real works of art. But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you? Even on Buckingham McVie you was really into yourself musically. I downloaded Christine's songs from that one, anyway, you obviously brought a lot of life to them. So, goodbye Lindsey and thanks for the magnificent legacy which lives on in Christine and Stevie's songs on FM albums. Unless you return to FM in a studio, though, we will probably never meet again, buddy.

Ha, I plan on seeing him in concert this year. Not so much FM. Lindsey is affordable and puts on one hell of a live show. :thumbsup: Not to mention he'll be playing NEW music!!

button-lip 05-04-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226625)
Ha, I plan on seeing him in concert this year. Not so much FM. Lindsey is affordable and puts on one hell of a live show. :thumbsup: Not to mention he'll be playing NEW music!!

I hope he also does FM songs he hasn't done in a long time (or never!). I also hope to hear som BV songs too. Not so much for BN. :D

Storms123 05-04-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226625)
Ha, I plan on seeing him in concert this year. Not so much FM. Lindsey is affordable and puts on one hell of a live show. :thumbsup: Not to mention he'll be playing NEW music!!

And he's a nice guy who appreciates and acknowledges his fans!

Cannot WAIT!!!

Storms123 05-04-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1226616)
I have been primarily a Stevie Nicks fan, but I don’t defend her in the face of wrong decisions. Even in my love for Stevie, I will proclaim that Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest guitarist/producers in the history of rock n roll. He is the mastermind behind what has become known as the classic Fleetwood Mac sound. Without him, Fleetwood Mac becomes bland and uninspired (reference 87-90). Moreover, if you cannot hear inspiring perfection in iconic tunes like “Never Going Back Again”, “Second Hand News”, “I Know I’m Not Wrong” and “Big Love”, you may be missing an ear for good music. The dismissal of Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac is a musical crime. Shame! I wish the current lineup no ill will, but the decision makers have made a disastrous mistake. #WhoAreYouPeople?

Really well said! Thank you

dreamsunwind 05-04-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1226484)
So Lindsey has been fired from FM, they say. A sad reality for FM fans to face and I will never really understand why it happened. Maybe it isn't even my business, but anyway. It will really change the sound of the band live or (tiny remote miniscule possibility) in the studio. Lindsey, your producing was amazing. From Tusk through to SYW you took the girls' (or girl's) songs and made them real works of art. But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you? Even on Buckingham McVie you was really into yourself musically. I downloaded Christine's songs from that one, anyway, you obviously brought a lot of life to them. So, goodbye Lindsey and thanks for the magnificent legacy which lives on in Christine and Stevie's songs on FM albums. Unless you return to FM in a studio, though, we will probably never meet again, buddy.

And to me and to just about everyone I know who's into Fleetwood Mac at all, that couldn't be farther from the truth!

dreamsunwind 05-04-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1226616)
I have been primarily a Stevie Nicks fan, but I don’t defend her in the face of wrong decisions. Even in my love for Stevie, I will proclaim that Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest guitarist/producers in the history of rock n roll. He is the mastermind behind what has become known as the classic Fleetwood Mac sound. Without him, Fleetwood Mac becomes bland and uninspired (reference 87-90). Moreover, if you cannot hear inspiring perfection in iconic tunes like “Never Going Back Again”, “Second Hand News”, “I Know I’m Not Wrong” and “Big Love”, you may be missing an ear for good music. The dismissal of Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac is a musical crime. Shame! I wish the current lineup no ill will, but the decision makers have made a disastrous mistake. #WhoAreYouPeople?

I 100% agree.
And love that you specifically named I Know I'm Not Wrong. One of my favorite Lindsey songs ever.

dreamsunwind 05-04-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1226644)
And he's a nice guy who appreciates and acknowledges his fans!

Cannot WAIT!!!

Lindsey's actually so nice to fans. I was honestly surprised by all of the countless fan encounter stories I've heard. I don't know why I just wouldn't have expected it from him? According to just about everyone who interacted with/met him at shows as well as just random encounters and things like that, he's very open and approachable. He actually chats with the people and isn't afraid to get close to them.

BombaySapphire3 05-04-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1226661)
Lindsey's actually so nice to fans. I was honestly surprised by all of the countless fan encounter stories I've heard. I don't know why I just wouldn't have expected it from him? According to just about everyone who interacted with/met him at shows as well as just random encounters and things like that, he's very open and approachable. He actually chats with the people and isn't afraid to get close to them.

I have also heard this from anyone who has ever had an encounter with him as fans. That he is warm approachable and down to earth .One girl I want to a show with years ago actually cried when she met him and he smiled and said "but will you still love me tomorrow"?

iamnotafraid 05-05-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1226661)
Lindsey's actually so nice to fans.


I very much agree. And I never would have
guessed he'd be that way. I'd have placed
money on the opposite.

AncientQueen 05-05-2018 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1226484)
But I must say, I never liked your own music very much. Always skippables, rather annoying diversions from the juicy songs from Stevie and Christine, to me and any friends I have who are into FM at all. You sure took up a lot of space on TITN and SYW and those albums feel like Lindsey solo albums made into FM albums, maybe when you realized your own solo albums would not sell or the labels were reluctant to work with you?

I'm not into Lindseys songs that much, too, BUT - you are vastly underrating him for FM here. Imho he had so many songs on the albums because without them, the albums wouldn't have happened at all. Christine writes for a project, she does 3 or 4 good tracks - that's it. All Stevie has to offer for decades now are old demos, and she plundered whatever she had thoroughly for her solo recordings. So Lindseys work of art has not been putting his songs on FM, but rather bringing out the best in Christine, dusting off Stevies tired old leftovers, making it all sound like a band AND kicking their lazy asses into the studio for a start. He may or may not have always been successful in his artistic visions at all times, but the results we listen to come from HIS hard work and his alone. Egomaniac or not, he made FM happen, from Tusk on.

And that makes firing him such a betrayal, the band absolutely relied on his talents, his commitment and his devotion for decades. And suddenly he is just another former guitar player, because changing guitar players is the legacy of the band. Pass me the vomit bucket, please.

HomerMcvie 05-05-2018 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1226689)
I'm not into Lindseys songs that much, too, BUT - you are vastly underrating him for FM here. Imho he had so many songs on the albums because without them, the albums wouldn't have happened at all. Christine writes for a project, she does 3 or 4 good tracks - that's it. All Stevie has to offer for decades now are old demos, and she plundered whatever she had thoroughly for her solo recordings. So Lindseys work of art has not been putting his songs on FM, but rather bringing out the best in Christine, dusting off Stevies tired old leftovers, making it all sound like a band AND kicking their lazy asses into the studio for a start. He may or may not have always been successful in his artistic visions at all times, but the results we listen to come from HIS hard work and his alone. Egomaniac or not, he made FM happen, from Tusk on.

And that makes firing him such a betrayal, the band absolutely relied on his talents, his commitment and his devotion for decades. And suddenly he is just another former guitar player, because changing guitar players is the legacy of the band. Pass me the vomit bucket, please.

I agree with every single word.

Hands down, this is the biggest f*ckup this band has EVER made(and that's saying something).

Mick thinks the sun rises and sets in Stevie's ass... but Mick's a blooming f*cking IDIOT!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved