The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Listen to UTS Songs on lindseybuckingham.com (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28591)

lbfan 09-06-2006 07:30 PM

Listen to UTS Songs on lindseybuckingham.com

Under the link for pre-order, there is a link to listen to the songs! The songs and control buttons appear at the top of the screen. I've only listened to two songs, but they appear to be the whole songs, not just snippets.

lbfan 09-06-2006 07:44 PM

5 Complete Songs Posted

1. Show You How
2. Down on Rodeo
3. Cast Away Dreams
4. It Was You
5. Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind

DOR and SGCYM sound identical to the Torrent versions previously leaked. The others sound like vintage Lindsey!

mondaymornin1 09-06-2006 07:50 PM

Listening right now! These are great!:thumbsup:

(Can't believe this is FINALLY happening, by the way!!)

goldustsongbird 09-06-2006 07:58 PM

I like Cast Away Dreams! The first one is going to take some getting used to... it's not something I instantly liked, but it's not too bad. The music to CAD reminds me of Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now.

xxxmx 09-06-2006 08:37 PM

ladies and gentlemen, i have a new favorite.

CAD is so effing stellar... i can't get enough of it.

i can't believe that this is finally actually really happening :wavey:

Gazza 09-06-2006 08:46 PM

Loving the laid back, yet fascinating sound. Cast Away Dreams is really lovely. This sounds like it's going to hang together as an album much better than Say You Will, which seemed just like a collection of ideas.

I worried a bit about what Lindsey's voice might sound like, but the harmonies are just so pretty.

xxxmx 09-06-2006 09:05 PM

and i'm pleased that he left the "annie" on the end of DOR. hmm, listening to Cast Away Dreams again...

goldie 09-06-2006 09:11 PM

ooooh I am headed there now! Thanks for the info!

MacMan 09-06-2006 09:39 PM

This is extremely cool stuff! The guys a genius!

Johnny Stew 09-06-2006 10:14 PM

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! The three new songs are fan-friggin'-tastic!!! :blob1: I can't decide which one I like best... it's basically a three-way tie at the moment.
I think I like the 'Soundstage' version of "Down On Rodeo" better, but this version is pretty terrific, too. "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind" sounds like a slightly different mix to my ears... it sounds a little more "open" and airy than the version on the GLAAD Media Awards CD. Such a brilliant song -- I couldn't be happier that it's FINALLY getting a wide release.

Bring on October 3rd!!!

wondergirl9847 09-06-2006 10:23 PM

O.m.g.

I couldn't wait!! :blob2:

These songs are TOTALLY Lindsey, but yet....I hear a new voice.

Gerald...I cannot WAIT to hear what you think of the new songs!

My depression has gone away. :D

GardenStateGirlie 09-06-2006 10:34 PM

i'm going to be honest -- if the rest of the album has this much reverb/echo, i'm not going to be a happy camper. i was anticipating a sound a la gos only perhaps with a new level of maturity and solid guitar playing. and it's just -- not.

i'm not in love.

that makes me sad.

*tear*

Mr. Wonderful 09-07-2006 01:56 AM

Download the tracks as .mp3's

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post here and say that it's possible to get these tracks as mp3's. Here are the links:

* Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind (Track 10)
* It Was You (Track 5)
* Cast Away Dreams (Track 7)
* Down On Rodeo (Track 9)
* Show You How (Track 2)

--Hugh. :)

face of glass 09-07-2006 02:08 AM

The three 'new' songs sound solid, currently I'm loving "Show You How" and the helium Beach Boys on "It Was You". They're all bound to be growers anyway. :thumbsup:

Maybe there is a bit of a new voice here too, as Christy said. More mature, perhaps. Of course he's still covering the increasing weaknesses in his voice with gadgetry but that's what I expected.

Not sure if Gerald will like the OOTC-like electronic percussion on both "SYH" and "IWY" though. :lol:

nichora 09-07-2006 02:26 AM

I love the new songs, they all have great lyrics and tunes. There's a fresh up-beat sound to them.
Don't know about the vocal manipulation though.. :confused:
Lindsey's got a good natural voice. Lower than in his early years, but its still strong (Live I am Waiting). I don't know why there's so much manipulation in here!?
Oh well, I'm sure we will all get used to it.:)

three more to go:
Juniper, Too Late and Under The Skin..

Wonder what they'll be like!?

As soon as I got the album and listened a couple of times, I'm sure to be crying out for more Lindsey music More!!! Couldn't you have put a few more songs on there!?
I do hope this rock album materialises next year, early next year!?