The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unbelievable- there still must be a few dimes to be made from Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58751)

FuzzyPlum 08-31-2019 06:18 AM

Unbelievable- there still must be a few dimes to be made from Rumours

This website is suggesting Fleetwood Mac will reissue yet another version of the Rumours Deluxe. Really? what possible rationale can there be? Unbelievable. Yawn.

Best Classic Bands
Fleetwood Mac ‘Rumours’ Getting New Deluxe Edition
by Best Classic Bands Staff

https://bestclassicbands.com/fleetwo...-2019-8-30-19/

Fleetwood Mac are releasing a deluxe edition of their 1977 juggernaut, Rumours, to coincide with the band’s ongoing tour. The 4-CD set, coming October 25 via Rhino, replicates the 2013 deluxe edition that included numerous previously unreleased takes from the album’s recording sessions and live performances from the subsequent world tour.

In recent years, the band have been methodically issuing deluxe editions of much of their 1970s and 1980s output. The new Rumours release raises eyebrows since the 2013 deluxe edition of the album is still in print. (The new edition omits the latter’s DVD and vinyl release of the studio LP.)

The 2019 deluxe edition of Rumours includes the original album and the b-side “Silver Springs,” a dozen live recordings from the group’s 1977 world tour, an entire disc filled with takes from the album’s recording sessions, and an additional disc of outtakes.

The album, Fleetwood Mac’s 11th studio effort, was originally released on February 4, 1977. With the band having switched from their longtime home of Reprise Records to the parent company Warner Bros., Rumours, co-produced by Fleetwood Mac with Ken Caillat and Richard Dashut, found immediate success. Record buyers related to the intimate songs, several of which were inspired by romantic entanglements and disentanglements (John McVie and Christine McVie had divorced while Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were having their own spats).

The album yielded four Top 10 singles in the U.S., though none fared particularly well in the U.K.: “Go Your Own Way” (#10 in the U.S.; #38 in the U.K.), “Dreams” (#1, #24), “Don’t Stop” (#3, #32) and “You Make Loving Fun” (#9, #45).

The new deluxe edition includes a disc of live recordings that’s identical to the 2013 release, namely 12 performances in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Nashville and Columbia, S.C. from the band’s 1977 Rumours tour. The songs include “The Chain,” “Gold Dust Woman,” “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way,” as well as “World Turning” and “Rhiannon,” two tracks from the group’s 1975 self-titled release.

jcalzaretta 08-31-2019 08:23 AM

I love the idea of Rumours selling more. I won't gain from this. I'd rather have other stuff. But to each his own.

HomerMcvie 08-31-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcalzaretta (Post 1254009)
I love the idea of Rumours selling more. I won't gain from this. I'd rather have other stuff. But to each his own.

The remasters in 2003 were my last purchase of Rumours. #last

tothegypsy 08-31-2019 12:15 PM

I was really surprised by this release...until I realized that this is just the same 4CD set released in 2013, now available without the DVD and LP.

cbBen 08-31-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tothegypsy (Post 1254013)
I was really surprised by this release...until I realized that this is just the same 4CD set released in 2013, now available without the DVD and LP.

What was on the DVD, and is it anything otherwise unavailable?

Netter75 08-31-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1254014)
What was on the DVD, and is it anything otherwise unavailable?

The Rosebud documentary film made to promote Rumours, the one containing those performances of I'm So Afraid, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, part of World Turning, Say You Love Me, and You Make Loving Fun. All of that footage is on YouTube in decent quality.

Villavic 09-01-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tothegypsy (Post 1254013)
this is just the same 4CD set released in 2013

So this could confirm there is no unknown material worthwhile anymore, from the Rumours sessions. No surprise they are reissuing this collection since, in spite of Lindsey not in the band, there still is a band called Fleetwood Mac on tour. Why they chose Rumours? Well since apparently as of 2013, sales were over 40 million copies, it is obvious. Bussines are bussiness.

Steviegirl 09-02-2019 07:45 AM

Good GRIEF. Will they ever stop embarrassing themselves?! Gross.

HomerMcvie 09-02-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1254035)
Good GRIEF. Will they ever stop embarrassing themselves?! Gross.

Do they not know(or CARE?) how it makes them look?

Cheesy, CHEAP, money grubbing, with no class.

I guess they need the money.:D

aleuzzi 09-02-2019 09:14 AM

Mick is shameless.

Steviegirl 09-02-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1254036)
Do they not know(or CARE?) how it makes them look?

Cheesy, CHEAP, money grubbing, with no class.

I guess they need the money.:D

We always knew that it was Lindsey who served as the moral compass where this kind of embarrassing money-grubbing was concerned. No doubt, he was over-ruled at times, but now that he's gone, I'm expecting to see the release of a "Rumours" perfume or ball chafing cream. Little did Lindsey know when he spoke of them, "dishonoring the band's legacy" how low they would sink. Sad and maddening.

TheMacAttack 09-02-2019 03:28 PM

At this point it would not surprise me in the least if the current line up released a new version Rumours-cut out all of Lindsey's parts--and had Neil and Mike rerecord them . That's how truly shameless I think they have become :shrug:

David 09-02-2019 05:47 PM

To put out the same "special edition" with exactly the same content on it smacks of unbelievable laziness. I know plenty of people like this at work and I despise them. They provide the barest minimum to collect their paycheck, and they don't give a damn that their irresponsibility often burdens their colleagues with more work (because their colleagues care about their own work).

I know what's left of Fleetwood Mac doesn't give a damn about anything. But there ought to be someone left at Rhino who cares about these products. I guess not. Rhino is a painful disappointment these days. They used to be such great content curators. They should be ashamed of themselves. They don't deserve to use their old name anymore.

aleuzzi 09-02-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1254039)
We always knew that it was Lindsey who served as the moral compass where this kind of embarrassing money-grubbing was concerned. No doubt, he was over-ruled at times, but now that he's gone, I'm expecting to see the release of a "Rumours" perfume or ball chafing cream. Little did Lindsey know when he spoke of them, "dishonoring the band's legacy" how low they would sink. Sad and maddening.

RUMOURS perfume! Haha. That’s awesome: “the smell of cocaine, Chinese take-out, and desperation.”

jwd 09-02-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1254048)
RUMOURS perfume! Haha. That’s awesome: “the smell of cocaine, Chinese take-out, and desperation.”

:laugh: And don't forget smelly platform boots and moldy wooden balls.