The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5 months until the tour starts? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57829)

ryan4136 04-25-2018 08:34 AM

5 months until the tour starts?

Am I reading this right? Plenty of time for LB to have toured. Tickets going on sale in some cases 9 months before the concert what?!?!?!

NotonRodeo 04-25-2018 08:39 AM

Which is why all this talk about the scheduling being the cause of the firing was just a pretext. I never believed it was the genuine cause. The icon simply wanted him out and grasped the easiest opportunity. That Mike Campbell was available made her more daring. Now she has a guitarist who she can wrap around her finger and write Desert Angel Part II.

NotonRodeo 04-25-2018 08:49 AM

The schedule was for Lindsey's best of to be released this month. Assuming a 3 or even 4 month tour there was still plenty of time. Which is why the logistics story going around is nonsense. That's what the icon wants her iconodules to believe.

button-lip 04-25-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1224527)
Which is why all this talk about the scheduling being the cause of the firing was just a pretext. I never believed it was the genuine cause. The icon simply wanted him out and grasped the easiest opportunity. That Mike Campbell was available made her more daring. Now she has a guitarist who she can wrap around her finger and write Desert Angel Part II.

Well, finally!!! :blob1::blob1::blob1:

Yes, the icon wanted him out. Intermingled tour dates not possible was just a pretext. :xoxo:

And no, there's not another hidden reason.

jkmaletic 04-25-2018 09:30 AM

Come on people. I'm sure you seen the video of Lindsey talking to somebody after the music cares event. He confirmed that he wanted to do solo stuff in between the Fleetwood Mac dates.

NotonRodeo 04-25-2018 09:34 AM

The band is off most of December, January, and early February. They won't allow Lindsey to have some dates in that LONG time span? Give me a break. What a bunch of liars they all are.

jkmaletic 04-25-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1224566)
The band is off most of December, January, and early February. They won't allow Lindsey to have some dates in that LONG time span? Give me a break. What a bunch of liars they all are.

He wanted to do it in between the Fleetwood Mac tour dates.

button-lip 04-25-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1224560)
Come on people. I'm sure you seen the video of Lindsey talking to somebody after the music cares event. He confirmed that he wanted to do solo stuff in between the Fleetwood Mac dates.

Yes, and that's why I don't understand why Stevie is saying he wanted to put the tour on hold until November 2019.

BigAl84 04-25-2018 10:24 AM

because im sure he put out two options. delay the tour OR can I do both parallel at the same time. They didnt want to do either and sparks flew. Now they are only telling half the story to aid in spinming it the way they want to.

jbrownsjr 04-25-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1224613)
because im sure he put out two options. delay the tour OR can I do both parallel at the same time. They didnt want to do either and sparks flew. Now they are only telling half the story to aid in spinming it the way they want to.

And sparks were already flying on a personal level by the time they were talking business. Cold war.. then hot war.. then explosion...

BigAl84 04-25-2018 10:28 AM

heaven forbid they do two months of dates. break so lindsey can do two months of dates and repeat. Yes logistically it may have required losing a little cash. Which drove a big chunk of the decisions.

button-lip 04-25-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1224613)

Yes, but I don't think he wanted to delay the tour until November 2019. That's a lie.

button-lip 04-25-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1224620)
heaven forbid they do two months of dates. break so lindsey can do two months of dates and repeat. Yes logistically it may have required losing a little cash. Which drove a big chunk of the decisions.

But they can do almost a two months break between December 15 and the first days of February.

It's like they said 'no' to everything he wanted (even a new album) and now all of a sudden they are doing all they denied to him in the first place.

It really makes me want to cry how unfair they're being to her. All of them. It's like they're punishing him and they're enjoying it. Especially Stevie. :(:(

ryan4136 04-25-2018 11:02 AM

The schedule would suggest they actually agreed to let LB tour in the summer, then start up the FM tour, then have LB to another short leg around Christmas, then finish up the tour.

I get the sense this was more over LB wanting to play new music on the tour, either 1) actual new music or 2) a major change to the golden oldies set list.

I think this is totally over a creative force v. a tried and true method. LB lost this round.

My concern is that a LB tour was predicated on the FM tour earnings bank rolling it. So LB is scrambling to fund what could very well be another 1 man show, or very minimal band tour.

NotonRodeo 04-25-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1224558)
Well, finally!!! :blob1::blob1::blob1:

Yes, the icon wanted him out. Intermingled tour dates not possible was just a pretext. :xoxo:

And no, there's not another hidden reason.

Thanks, for once I got something right :lol: